Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 11-09-2018, 10:42 AM   #29
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
What JB's said plus if it had modifications ever or no service records a previous owner might have got that car blacklisted for warranty work in the GM computer system. Some dealers warranty cars with mods but most blacklist them. The PO could have returned the car to stock appearance prior to sale. Your Mileage May Vary.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 11:56 AM   #30
1Willy1

Drives: corvette z06
[QUOTE=JB'sZL1;10358535]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Willy1 View Post
Hey guys , so even if I buy a 2012 privately today with no warrantee , GM will still repair/replace the Sc if it develops an issue?

Thanks[/QUOTE

Yes, provided it is the original sc and it is not a salvage title.
great , its not a salvage title and as far as I know the car is bone stock minus some exhaust baffles which open up to make it louder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversleeper View Post
What JB's said plus if it had modifications ever or no service records a previous owner might have got that car blacklisted for warranty work in the GM computer system. Some dealers warranty cars with mods but most blacklist them. The PO could have returned the car to stock appearance prior to sale. Your Mileage May Vary.
good to know, it doesn't appear to be the case but you never know

so im assuming I should call the dealer with my vin# and make sure its not been blacklisted correct?

Thanks
1Willy1 is offline   Reply With Quote