Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-16-2018, 03:55 AM   #1
Hungry Hippo

Drives: Fast and Loud
How much should I pay : 2018 ZL1 1LE

I live in the Midwest and have been looking up to 250 miles for my ZL1 1LE, which gives me a lot choices. My question is what does a 2018 ZL1 1LE go for with 2019’s coming out and based on cars.com searches already being discounted a little?

I’ve contacted three dealers so far and all of them have basically told me the same thing, that the cars are too hot right now and to rare. But these are also the same dealers that have had these cars since March. Is it realistic to want to be in the $62-63k range for a ZL1 1LE? I’ve seen plenty listed at 65k, but those are with incentives and offers I might not qualify for (like Costco) so price is back to 67k.

I’m assuming I’m going to have to wait until next year to buy one for a better deal, and if that were the case would you guys be concerned about the tires on the car? I have a M3 race car, and I know if basically slicks with grooves, even normal summer tires are left out in the cold the rubber compound will harden and that’s not even including flat spotting if the car is just sitting there. I know the tires that come from on the 1LE aren’t slicks, but I’m sure sitting out few months of Midwest winter they will be hardened and basically have lost a lot of their life. Should I also consider negotiating a new set in?

Thank You
Hungry Hippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 05:25 AM   #2
1hprush
2018 ZL1 1LE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
To purchase one in the price range you are looking for, you will have to buy used. There is not much of a price difference, if any on a new '18 or '19. There are some good deals on used, this one is listed in the for sale section and is priced extremely well. Good luck!
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=532109
1hprush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 07:05 AM   #3
Hungry Hippo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hprush View Post
To purchase one in the price range you are looking for, you will have to buy used. There is not much of a price difference, if any on a new '18 or '19. There are some good deals on used, this one is listed in the for sale section and is priced extremely well. Good luck!
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=532109
Thanks. Might go the used route or just bite the bullet on new. Will probably wait till after winter anyways as the weather has been snowy and wet here. Any input to the tires for 2018/2019 cars left outside? I would think dealers would be reasonable on that one.
Old 11-16-2018, 07:13 AM   #4
Bluecyclone

Drives: 2014 Cyclone mustang
Not many people have the knowledge concerning tires & weather like us enthusiast. And a salesperson won't either. My dealership's sales staff "cringe" when I come in to see a new pony car or for service. I have embarrassed several.
Old 11-16-2018, 07:22 AM   #5
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Most of the 1le's sale at MSRP which is 73,XXX with only 1000.00 to 2000 GM cash back(to avg Joe's that don't know better). I sent a local guy in Houston to Classic Chevy Grapevine TX he got 9k off that MSRP which is 64,XXX add texas sales tax ect.. 4500 probably out door at 68,XXX

If they want your business the dealer will use so called coupons/ certificates or commonly known as dealer discounts (like they did on my deal and the numerous people I send to Eric Hall at Classic Chevy) which has nothing to do with any promotions or rebates from GM you may or may not qualify for. The main thing is to search across the Nation for the lowest price and get a quote in hand and say a plane ticket is this cheap by southwest AA. (if you plan to haggle local.) The Bomnin dealer in florida advertises the best price out there but, there is a document fee of 1500 or less and you can save 200 or 300 if you use existing plates.

The bigger dealers/larger volume have more of these coupons and certificates to apply the main thing is Don't listen to a dealer when they say we all buy and sale the cars with same MSRP they can not sell it any lower!

Get a buyer's invoice from the cheapest dealer out there say you have your own financing and tell them to give your best price. Use this for haggling dealer to dealer use the same MSRP car to simplify things to present to your 3 locar dealers.

You may not have to haggle if you use classic and he will get a car for you if its in 500 miles of the dealer. Eric Hall 214 335 3710 tell him jack sent ya! they will pick you up at love field southwest AA 20 miles if that or DFW airport about 1 mile from dealer.

I researched at least 75 dealers before i bought mine last year.

here is a short list that had best prices at the time from buyers invoice made to me:

Grapevine Classic
Bomnin Fl cheapest but kinda hard to work with
Bob stell in OK
Philips Mich

follow this link then enter 1le in text search to narrow or play with price range

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...#resultsPage=1

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 09:16 AM   #6
Hungry Hippo

Phillip’s in Lansing is actually who I’m most likely going to go with. I was hoping a dealer closer to me would match them, but they won’t.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:21 AM   #7
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
Yeah your price point is too low for new right now. Maybe GM helps with some year end discounts. I have seen the same cars sit at these dealers as well. Did you try Phillips Chevy in Frankfort IL (no connection)? They have a non-PDR (mandatory option for me) listed 1LE just short of $64k, probably get that price without discounts. You really won’t know unless you go there and get real numbers at the end of the month. I’m sure they will be happy to toss in an extra set of tires for a few grand or so more, after all, it’s only money . Good luck in your search.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 09:22 AM   #8
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Hippo View Post
Phillip’s in Lansing is actually who I’m most likely going to go with. I was hoping a dealer closer to me would match them, but they won’t.
Think Frankfort location has more to pick from.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 09:27 AM   #9
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

I think I talked to a Kevin there. For instance on a 67,395 zl1 I got it to 56,995 I wish I could find my invoice from them. I had 1000 market from GM, 1000 for current chevy owner and Supplier price and close to 7500 in coupons.

Like I said if you want to save a bunch you gotta call around get a buyer's invoice from each place say you have cash or your own financing company needs the invoice and your ready to buy. be an ass and back up your deal with a real quote they will match if they want to sale!

The grapevine classic was so easy to work with I didn't have to haggle 1 bit..

************************Ya phillips in Illinois my mistake! **************************

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
Old 11-16-2018, 09:47 AM   #10
lgarrison34

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE HBM, 2010 SS FBO/Cam
Best price I've seen if you're looking used.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...=532109&page=1
lgarrison34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 09:57 AM   #11
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
I have available:

Name:  zl16.jpg
Views: 1810
Size:  239.2 KB
2018 CAMARO ZL1 1LE

G7Q - NIGHTFALL GRAY METALLIC
H0W - JET BLACK/RED ACCENTS

A1Z ZL1 1LE EXTREME TRACK PERFORMANCE PKG:
* WHEELS, 19" FORGED ALUMINUM
* SUMMER ONLY TIRES
* PERFORMANCE SUSPENSION W/ DSSV DAMPERS
* RED CALIPERS
* SATIN BLACK HOOD WRAP
* EXPOSED WEAVE CARBON FIBER HOOD INSERT
* EXPOSED WEAVE CARBON FIBER REAR SPOILER
* LOW-GLOSS BLACK OUTSIDE REARVIEW MIRRORS
* DARK TAIL LAMPS
* FRONT DIVE PLANES
* UNIQUE FRONT SPLITTER

FE9 - 50-STATE EMISSIONS

IO6 - CHEVROLET MYLINK AUDIO SYSTEM W/NAVIGATION,
- 8" DIAGONAL TOUCHSCREEN
MN6 - 6-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION
UQT - PERFORMANCE DATA AND VIDEO RECORDER
W1V - FLOOR MATS, PREMIUM CARPETED
3DL - INTERIOR TRIM, CARBON FIBER INSTRUMENT PANEL MOLDING

MSRP: $73,750.00

Employee Price for ALL -
Plus any incentives that can be applied.

Send a pm - if I can help...

Becky
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 10:09 AM   #12
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

^ No offence but ya'll didn't have good prices at all on my deal!

Was kinda upset, ya did have good people to find what you need or looking for though!

I found Hendrix and all AutoNations to have the worst prices possible! yall were a close second!

Old 11-16-2018, 10:53 AM   #13
Crim

Drives: 13 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
^ No offence but ya'll didn't have good prices at all on my deal!

Was kinda upset, ya did have good people to find what you need or looking for though!

I found Hendrix and all AutoNations to have the worst prices possible! yall were a close second!
So paraphrasing,, their good people did a bunch of leg work to help you find what you were looking for...then you went and bought somewhere else and now you're blanket ranking them with the bottom dealerships across the Country in your opinion. Glad you're happy with your dealership as I live right near them and like them too, but the market changes and your deal isn't always going to be there for others.

BeckyD has done more work for others that don't even buy from her, you included, and you now come in and say something like this. Pretty low blow if you ask me. Her service is second to none.
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 02:07 PM   #14
SienarSystems

Drives: ZL1 1LE
5,000 off of MSRP plus all available incentives is what I was able to get - total was $8,500 under MSRP
SienarSystems is offline   Reply With Quote