Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-20-2016, 03:32 PM   #1
Phil_ar

Drives: 2LT RS
Exhaust dilemma

Hey guys,

I know it's another exhaust thread but sort of specific here.

First mod I did to my exhaust was this:

Magnaflow Mufflers, Resonator Delete, XPipe (non resonated). Sounded good, but not perfect.

Next was BBK Long Tube Headers and High Flow Cats, running with normal X Pipe and Magnaflow Mufflers. Sound was amazing, but it was too raspy at higher RPM's especially whilst accelerating hard.

I then added the resonated XPipe by Magnaflow and it sounds good, but too quiet for my taste.

Now, i'm wondering if I chop the mufflers and just go straight from the resonated X-Pipes, without mufflers to tips, how that will sound. Will the rasp come back in another form or will the resonated xpipe kill this even without mufflers?

I will most likely switch to MRT 2.0 mufflers anyways so I can try muffler delete but just wanting to hear some feedback first.

Cheers,
P
Phil_ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 04:13 PM   #2
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Quite a few members do the headers, resonated x-pipe and muffler delete. Depends on how loud you like your exhaust. Your exhaust will always be louder to those outside than to the driver.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 07:07 PM   #3
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
The "resonated" x-pipe is a muffler, so having two more mufflers will definitely make things quiet. I would consider taking off the mufflers and keeping just the resonated x-pipe and going straight pipe back.

I have a 2014 so I gets no header mods, but currently I have the factory cats and then the resonated x-pipe and 2.5" straight pipe back (removed resonators and mufflers) and it sounds pretty badass - loud but not too loud; a bit of drone but not annoying or nauseating; and a pretty good sound overall. Will be doing the Solo cats + resonators eventually so this should make things a bit deeper without losing much volume (hopefully!).
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 08:48 PM   #4
Phil_ar

Drives: 2LT RS
Oh boy.

BBK Long Tube Headers, Hi flow Cats, Magnaflow resonated X Pipe and Muffler Delete. It screams and I am in love. Those BBK LT Headers bring the tone down nice and deep and make it rumble, the resonated X Pipe kills the rasp completely early in the system so you can run without mufflers. Sounds absolutely beautiful!
Phil_ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 09:30 PM   #5
GreaseMonkey

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro
Its nice, I have the BBK longtime with the resonated Xpipe its loud and sounds good (except in the 2-3K RPM range) the sound gets annoying if youre driving around 80-90MPH with the windows up and the music not too loud.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 07:05 AM   #6
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_ar View Post
Hey guys,

I know it's another exhaust thread but sort of specific here.

First mod I did to my exhaust was this:

Magnaflow Mufflers, Resonator Delete, XPipe (non resonated). Sounded good, but not perfect.

Next was BBK Long Tube Headers and High Flow Cats, running with normal X Pipe and Magnaflow Mufflers. Sound was amazing, but it was too raspy at higher RPM's especially whilst accelerating hard.

I then added the resonated XPipe by Magnaflow and it sounds good, but too quiet for my taste.

Now, i'm wondering if I chop the mufflers and just go straight from the resonated X-Pipes, without mufflers to tips, how that will sound. Will the rasp come back in another form or will the resonated xpipe kill this even without mufflers?

I will most likely switch to MRT 2.0 mufflers anyways so I can try muffler delete but just wanting to hear some feedback first.

Cheers,
P
2LT/RS Auto /Solo HFC/Solo Mach X-LLT J-Pipe/JBA Headers Shorty/

I have the Solo Package since Nov 2009 and everyone says that I have one of the best sounding V6 they heard.
This year I added the QTP Cut-outs to the system and now I have more noise when I want it depending how much I open them. Everyone says that cut-outs on a 6 doesn't sound good but I took the plunge thinking with the exhaust kit I had it would be different and it was It still not a V8 sound but close.
Member of 'Club Elite' #70
2LT/RS Auto / Solo HFC / Solo Mach X-LLT J-Pipe / JBA Headers Shorty
CAI - Cold Air Inductions / VMAX TB / Trifecta Tune
Hotchkis Max Strut Brace / Blade Dovetail Spoiler / Elite Catch Can
ACS T3 Hood Ports / T2 Bumper Ports / T2 Splitter / ACS T1 Led Light Kit
ACS Rockers / ACS Composite Hood Liner / ACS Upper Rear Quarter Ports
ACS Front Wheel Mud Flaps / ACS Rear Wheel Mud Flaps / Vitesse Throttle Controller
Pedders Drop Suspension / BMR Lower Control Arms / Style 41 ZL1 Wheels /
Oracle Afterburners / Oracle Concept SMD Side markers
Complete SS Brembo Brakes Set

Last edited by RickRay; 08-30-2016 at 07:36 AM.
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote