Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-21-2016, 03:39 PM   #1
omgitsmiketuck

Drives: 2011 LS V6 (M) & 2019 LS I4 (AT)
Need headers installed in PHX

Hey guys,

Im kinda new to the area and I have some long tube headers I'm trying to install on my LLT v6. I'm not 100% convinced I want to do the job by myself. I called Lopers and they quoted me 750 for the install. Seems a bit high, but I dont know anywhere else to take it. Any ideas? Anyone want to help me do the install? I'd be more than happy to pay for assistance. I posted this in the SW region as well and someone suggested a shop called Cordes which is in Mesa, but its wayyyy out of the way for me. Too bad cause they quoted 350. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a place that's more central phx.
2011 Camaro LS (MT) - Vitesse Throttle Controller / Flowmaster 40 Mufflers / CAI Intake / Apex scoop and washer relocate / Epic Engineering Catch Can / SS Stoptech Brake lines / BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs / IPF tune /Magnaflow X-Pipe / 25mm Mace intake spacer / BBK Long Tube Headers with High Flow Cats

(Current) 2019 Camaro LS I4 - Vitesse Throttle Controller / Mishimoto intake boot and charge pipes / K&N panel / BMR Sway Bars / GFB DV+ / ZZP Larger Throttle Body
omgitsmiketuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 08:08 AM   #2
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
If you have not seen my thread, maybe this will help.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...&highlight=obx
Old 02-22-2016, 02:01 PM   #3
omgitsmiketuck

I've seen that post. Its an excellent write up. I've done most of the work on my car by myself, but I'm always missing something. A random deep socket or whatever and end up running back and forth to Oreily's which is half an hour away. This car is my daily driver so, though I could just give myself a few days to complete the project... Id just assume have someone else do it and make sure its done right. All the posts i've read make it sound like a PITA without air tools (which i dont have).
2011 Camaro LS (MT) - Vitesse Throttle Controller / Flowmaster 40 Mufflers / CAI Intake / Apex scoop and washer relocate / Epic Engineering Catch Can / SS Stoptech Brake lines / BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs / IPF tune /Magnaflow X-Pipe / 25mm Mace intake spacer / BBK Long Tube Headers with High Flow Cats

(Current) 2019 Camaro LS I4 - Vitesse Throttle Controller / Mishimoto intake boot and charge pipes / K&N panel / BMR Sway Bars / GFB DV+ / ZZP Larger Throttle Body
Old 02-22-2016, 05:19 PM   #4
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitsmiketuck View Post
I've seen that post. Its an excellent write up. I've done most of the work on my car by myself, but I'm always missing something. A random deep socket or whatever and end up running back and forth to Oreily's which is half an hour away. This car is my daily driver so, though I could just give myself a few days to complete the project... Id just assume have someone else do it and make sure its done right. All the posts i've read make it sound like a PITA without air tools (which i dont have).
That and doing it on jack stands is awful, doable....but again, awful.
Old 02-22-2016, 08:18 PM   #5
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
I don't blame you. If I was to do it again. I would go to a friends house with a lift, and use air tools. Make life easier.
Old 02-22-2016, 08:20 PM   #6
ghosted
BCS Auto

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS
I called 4 shops today to install my catless downpipes and got a bunch of HELL NOs, and people explaining that it's a $10,000 fine. Guess I'm on my own.

BCS Auto on Facebook - - - Follow me on Instagram @datv6tho & @officialbcsauto
ghosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 05:48 PM   #7
TheSmokingSuns

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS, 2011 Camaro 2LT
The drive to Mesa from Peoria isn't even too bad lol
TheSmokingSuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 02:06 PM   #8
omgitsmiketuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosted View Post
I called 4 shops today to install my catless downpipes and got a bunch of HELL NOs, and people explaining that it's a $10,000 fine. Guess I'm on my own.
Call Cordes Performance Racing. They're in Mesa. They're gonna do my car on Friday. He quoted me 350 but it sounds like it'll be a bit more because he ordered the o2 extenders and new gaskets. Probably 450. Their number is 480-359-5914. The guys there seem super helpful and knowledgable. And compaired to Lopers quoting me 750 to install, they're a steal. I wasnt sure I'd be able to pull off getting the install done with them because I cant call off work on Friday... but after some careful negotiations, I managed to convince my boss to drive 45 minutes out of his way to pick me up from the shop and drive me to work.

Old 02-24-2016, 02:08 PM   #9
omgitsmiketuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmokingSuns View Post
The drive to Mesa from Peoria isn't even too bad lol
It isn't that bad. I drive to Tempe all the time for shows... but in morning and 5pm traffic... its gonna suuuuuck

Old 02-24-2016, 10:10 PM   #10
PostNup
CAR-DASHIAN

Drives: 2015 Ashen Gray Metallic 2SS/RS L99
Yeah, but with the boss... You get the HOV lane
PERFORMANCE: ColdAirInductions CAI, ADM Race Scoop, Cordes Performance Racing Ported TB/IM/Custom VVT Cam, WFO Milled Heads, Stainless Power 1 7/8" LT/3" HFCs, JBA 3" Comp. Cat-Back, Taylor 10.4mm Plug Wires, Tim King Performance Stage 3 6L80, Circle D Billet 3600 Stall, Nic D ECM/TCM Tune, - 458rwhp/413rwtq (prior to PIM), Forgestar F14 (F)18" / (R)17" Rims.

SUSPENSION: Z/28 Rear UCA Bushings, Carlyle Racing LCA/TA, BMR Adj. Toe Rods/Xtreme Anti-Roll Bar, Justice Pete Castor Locks/Radius Rod Inserts, Pegasus Billet Rear Cradle Bushings, Mickey Thompson Street SS II 305/45/17 tires.
PostNup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 04:59 PM   #11
omgitsmiketuck

My headers are almost done being installed (checked 10 minutes ago). Now i'm just waiting for my co-worker to be done with his work so we can leave and go back to the shop. I'm just sitting here like...

Old 02-26-2016, 05:06 PM   #12
omgitsmiketuck

And PostNup, I totally understand now why you only take your car there. I was blown away when i walked in the door. They were tuning the most insane CTS-V i've ever seen/heard. There was a viper right through the door. and the cars they park out front...

Old 02-26-2016, 05:22 PM   #13
PostNup
CAR-DASHIAN

Drives: 2015 Ashen Gray Metallic 2SS/RS L99
I warned you... You are hooked now Those CTS-Vs are truly sick!

Congrats bro

Looking forward to hearing another positive CPR review soon.
PERFORMANCE: ColdAirInductions CAI, ADM Race Scoop, Cordes Performance Racing Ported TB/IM/Custom VVT Cam, WFO Milled Heads, Stainless Power 1 7/8" LT/3" HFCs, JBA 3" Comp. Cat-Back, Taylor 10.4mm Plug Wires, Tim King Performance Stage 3 6L80, Circle D Billet 3600 Stall, Nic D ECM/TCM Tune, - 458rwhp/413rwtq (prior to PIM), Forgestar F14 (F)18" / (R)17" Rims.

SUSPENSION: Z/28 Rear UCA Bushings, Carlyle Racing LCA/TA, BMR Adj. Toe Rods/Xtreme Anti-Roll Bar, Justice Pete Castor Locks/Radius Rod Inserts, Pegasus Billet Rear Cradle Bushings, Mickey Thompson Street SS II 305/45/17 tires.
PostNup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 05:27 PM   #14
ghosted
BCS Auto

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS
Too many times I've called CPR and they won't do anything for my v6, even though I've got an insane build coming up and need a local shop to help me see it through. Yes I know, it's a v6, but the principles are the same.

BCS Auto on Facebook - - - Follow me on Instagram @datv6tho & @officialbcsauto
ghosted is offline   Reply With Quote