Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-27-2019, 01:22 PM   #1
Atraxy

Drives: 2015 Chevy camaro 2lt w rs
Met 2.0

I know you’ve Guys are probably over mrt questions as there’s an abundance of them but I’ve searched the thread and can’t seem to find a answer, I want to add a straight x pipe to my system(basically removing the 2 middle resonators) but will this sound awful and raspy or louden it or both lol.
I mainly want the x pipe for the lil performance gains and weight reduction, but don’t want it to lower my system like a resonated x pipe will.
Atraxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 08:50 PM   #2
GreaseMonkey

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro
The X pipe will deepen the sound of it and make it sound less raspy.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 04:21 PM   #3
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
The resonated x pipe (assuming you remove the stock resonators also) will make the sound deeper and tone down the rasp a bit. Running a regular x will make it raspier and louder but in a different way than just volume. The H and X will give different tones. Overall I think X's sound much better than H's on our cars. I guess it also depends on whether you have stock cats or what, because catless would be murder (but some people are into that sound... there's a V6 Camaro in my apartment complex that runs some aftermarket exhaust with an H or true dual and it's loud alright but man I feel like it sounds awful compared to my car, very raspy and high pitched)
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 02:05 PM   #4
Atraxy

Drives: 2015 Chevy camaro 2lt w rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
The resonated x pipe (assuming you remove the stock resonators also) will make the sound deeper and tone down the rasp a bit. Running a regular x will make it raspier and louder but in a different way than just volume. The H and X will give different tones. Overall I think X's sound much better than H's on our cars. I guess it also depends on whether you have stock cats or what, because catless would be murder (but some people are into that sound... there's a V6 Camaro in my apartment complex that runs some aftermarket exhaust with an H or true dual and it's loud alright but man I feel like it sounds awful compared to my car, very raspy and high pitched)
I agree with you on that I like the sound x pipes give our cars, wouldn’t the stock resonators be replaced with the magnaflow ones and I’d have to delete those or are there 2 more stock resonators back more? Lastly do you think the regular x pipes would be too raspy and wouldn’t be pleasant?

Last edited by Atraxy; 03-30-2019 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Typo
Atraxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 07:02 PM   #5
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
So after the stock H pipe there are 2 resonators in the exhaust already. If you were going to add the Magnaflow 11386 I'd say yeah, get rid of them. If you're gonna run a regular X, then maybe you should leave them to try to keep the rasp down.

If you have stock cats you can probably get away with a regular X. I don't know what kind of sound you're looking for but the non-resonated X will definitely be higher pitched than the resonated X.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote