Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-14-2012, 10:04 PM   #1
krodgers88

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
Best throaty sounding exhaust?

hey guys... now that the nicer weather is coming around i'm really looking to upgrade my exhaust on my bee! Ive seen the various threads and everyone has their opinions on which exhaust is "best" but after watching countless videos trying to get a feel for the sound, they're all blurring to me and im finding it hard to figure out which one i like best.

I *THINK* ive decided that im looking for a deeper, more throaty sound. a month or two back i thought i was sold on the MRT v2, mainly because i do like the sound and the price is right. however, after watching more and more videos im second guessing myself, and think i want a more aggressive sound...

SO with that said, what, in all of your opinions is the best exhaust system and for what reasons? (other than you love the sound). Sorry if this is a vague question, but im sort of a noob when it comes to car knowledge and jargon. all i know is i love my bee, and id love more of a head turning throaty sound. i currently have no other mods, and am not necessarily looking to make other mods (and im embarrassed to admit its mainly because im not entirely sure what they all do!) So any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. If you feel more mods are necessary feel free to explain to me why if your feeling generous!

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions and advice!

-Keegan
krodgers88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:33 PM   #2
Taintedveins
Shark attack!

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Every one will say the one they love, in my case it is cherry bomb cat back (v8) sounds great and is a good deal, from what I have noticed we also have some Ark fans and the MRT is big. But one thing that I have heard that might be worth waiting for is a Borla ATAK version for the v6 (just some talking rumors I had with a buddy of mine in Texas)
Old 03-15-2012, 12:49 AM   #3
krodgers88

so you have the cat back v8 on your v6? mind asking me what that cost? and do you have any other mods? what made you choose the cherry bomb over the competition?

Thanks for the response btw!
Old 03-15-2012, 12:56 AM   #4
Wuiquen

Drives: 2018 Hot Red ZL1
Cherry Bomb will be the best option, IMO. However, There is a big amount of drone and in cabin noise at 3-4K RPM. Besides that, the system is amazing. it is loud and agressive for a V6. I got the V8 Catback. It comes with an X-Pipe and mufflers. V6 catback comes with a Resonator instead of X-pipe and mufflers. The price is 400 for Catback. However, the system is not stainless steel. I believe it is aluminized steel. The Tips on the Muffler are 4'' stainless steel. Mufflers are painted black. I dont know what else to tell you... it is a great system if you can deal with the drone which if you are cruising with music it is not too bad. I do have other mods in my car. I have Injen CAI.

In general it is a great product.
Wuiquen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:58 AM   #5
Taintedveins
Shark attack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krodgers88 View Post
so you have the cat back v8 on your v6? mind asking me what that cost? and do you have any other mods? what made you choose the cherry bomb over the competition?

Thanks for the response btw!
Cherry bomb were because of the sound and price range, compared to most other cat backs the cherry bombs are beyond reasonable, and they come with a near legendary name but I believe it is 399 with free shipping (http://www.performanceexhaustplus.co...ml?mfg_id=1011). The deciding factor was a leap of faith but I looked at nearly every exhaust in price range here : http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33104

Trust me it will take a lot of thinking and listening, I recommend headphones with a little bass.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:14 AM   #6
krodgers88

so no special modifications are needed if i were to buy the v8 version? it installs on my v6 just as the v6 setup would?
Old 03-15-2012, 01:27 AM   #7
Taintedveins
Shark attack!

Quote:
so no special modifications are needed if i were to buy the v8 version? it installs on my v6 just as the v6 setup would?
Yup it is a direct bolt on, the only difference is that the v8 has 2.5 inch pipes.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:55 AM   #8
SamHouseIII
I Carry!

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Cherry bomb

From Oklahoma, Join us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/okcamaros/

SamHouseIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:47 AM   #9
Synergy1911

Drives: 2011 1LT RS - Red Jewel
Quote:
I *THINK* ive decided that im looking for a deeper, more throaty sound.
Trade your 6 in for SS!
Synergy1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:39 AM   #10
VEESIKS
formerly 2011Camaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS IBM M6
i really like the sound of my corsa cat back and there is no drone when cruising which is the best part to me (my 99 Camaro got annoying after about an hour and a half on the road)
Old 03-15-2012, 01:04 PM   #11
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taintedveins View Post
Yup it is a direct bolt on, the only difference is that the v8 has 2.5 inch pipes.
Both cutbacks are 2.5. All of the aftermarket cat backs for the V6 I've seen are 2.5. The V6 stock is not all 2.25, its 2.5 front the cats to the H-Pipe and 2.25 after. This is why the Stock SS and aftermarket SS cat backs can bolt onto the V6.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:00 PM   #12
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
If cost is no option, then go with either ARK or Corsa. They are the most expensive but as they say you get what you pay for. They are the only catbacks that use 304 stainless steel end to end. ARK is even mirror polishe. ARK has two catbacks. The N2 which is the more aggressive of the 2 features 2.75" tubing and 4.5" slant tips. It has a nice deep aggressive tone but some have reported some drone especially when mated to long tube headers. The other is their DT-S which features 2.5" tubing, resonators and 4.5" burnt tips. You can opt to have them polished if you want. I have this mated to long tube headers and it's been simply marvelous. Very aggressive yet very little in cabin drone. The fit and finish is second to none. Corsa features 2.5" tubing and some of the prettiest 4" tips you'll find anywhere. It sounds great, doesn't wear on you over the long haul and screams like a banshee at wide open throttle. Your neighbors will not stop talking to you with this exhaust. Good luck.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:07 PM   #13
krodgers88

i appreciate the feedback guys... for those of you with the cherry bomb, is the drone really that significant? is it most noticeable during highway driving?
Old 03-15-2012, 08:09 PM   #14
krodgers88

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
If cost is no option, then go with either ARK or Corsa. They are the most expensive but as they say you get what you pay for. They are the only catbacks that use 304 stainless steel end to end. ARK is even mirror polishe. ARK has two catbacks. The N2 which is the more aggressive of the 2 features 2.75" tubing and 4.5" slant tips. It has a nice deep aggressive tone but some have reported some drone especially when mated to long tube headers. The other is their DT-S which features 2.5" tubing, resonators and 4.5" burnt tips. You can opt to have them polished if you want. I have this mated to long tube headers and it's been simply marvelous. Very aggressive yet very little in cabin drone. The fit and finish is second to none. Corsa features 2.5" tubing and some of the prettiest 4" tips you'll find anywhere. It sounds great, doesn't wear on you over the long haul and screams like a banshee at wide open throttle. Your neighbors will not stop talking to you with this exhaust. Good luck.
unfortunately, cost is a concern. After hearing the low price of cherry bomb, i may be leaning towards it! but thanks for the info!