Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-07-2011, 03:18 PM   #239
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtiedriver View Post
My guess is that it will the Chevy Caprice Police car. That or a sport wagon, that sounds cool. Or maybe the G8 St as it would have been called. After all it was supposed to come over, now it can with a Chevy badge on it. I just hope its not a re-done G8. I love my G8, and would like to keep it a rare bird. I just know, if they re badge it as a Chevy. People will say "nice Chevy man"
I'm now thinking along a Caprice, too Oh well - I'm just impatient

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:32 PM   #240
LAWMAN

Drives: 2010 cam.2ss/rs.iom,07'escalade esv
maybe a synergy camaro,maybe the hp-z,or maybe the hp-z convert......?
oh well,can hardly wait til wednesday,....maybe something like a chevy-ack firebird,
1100:12/19/08
3800:06/19/09
6000:07/02/09
LAWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:41 PM   #241
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
In my opinion, they should release the Chevelle and here is why:

If they were to use the Camaro's platform to revive the Chevelle they could continue to produce the Chevelle long after the 6th Gen Camaro debuts. This would ensure that the R&D cash used on the 5th Gen could definitely turn a solid profit even though the current Camaro specific chassis is only 5 years old. Alot of the 5th gens cues and styling could carry over to the Chevelle including the 4.5 link IRS suspension and LS3/L99 and trannys. They wouldn't have to just scrap the whole design, they could offer it in a revised CTS-V like design. It would be big, alot of luxury, maybe add some more roof on it to fix the visiblity, take the wheelbase and length up about 6 inches and make it look like a Chevelle.

The could squeeze the lemon for every drop so a hasty redesigned Camaro won't show any loss because it will basically still be a 5th gen Camaro underneath. Instead of just getting the 5 year run from the Camaro, GM could actually stretch the chassis's life out a couple of years and make profit. Abandoning the platform needs to happen on the Camaro but that dosen't mean it has to be completely thrown out all together...

I vote Chevelle SS.
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:53 PM   #242
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill View Post

If they were to use the Camaro's platform to revive the Chevelle they could continue to produce the Chevelle long after the 6th Gen Camaro debuts. This would ensure that the R&D cash used on the 5th Gen could definitely turn a solid profit even though the current Camaro specific chassis is only 5 years old. Alot of the 5th gens cues and styling could carry over to the Chevelle including the 4.5 link IRS suspension and LS3/L99 and trannys. They wouldn't have to just scrap the whole design, they could offer it in a revised CTS-V like design. It would be big, alot of luxury, maybe add some more roof on it to fix the visiblity, take the wheelbase and length up about 6 inches and make it look like a Chevelle.

The could squeeze the lemon for every drop so a hasty redesigned Camaro won't show any loss because it will basically still be a 5th gen Camaro underneath. Instead of just getting the 5 year run from the Camaro, GM could actually stretch the chassis's life out a couple of years and make profit. Abandoning the platform needs to happen on the Camaro but that dosen't mean it has to be completely thrown out all together...

I vote Chevelle SS.
Sounds pretty reasonable to me except for one question. Are full frame cars a figment of my past never to be revived? I think I know the answer!
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:57 PM   #243
thePill
Account Suspended

Examples:
Old 02-07-2011, 05:02 PM   #244
thePill
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
Sounds pretty reasonable to me except for one question. Are full frame cars a figment of my past never to be revived? I think I know the answer!
Big bodied cars? might be hard to pull off in a couple years, but having a Chevelle SS that is 196 inches long isn't much bigger than the Camaro is now.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:16 PM   #245
thePill
Account Suspended

I think it's a pretty solid idea, probably one of the main reasons GM choose the Zeta platform was because the worldwide sales involving Holden most likely paid for the R&D and initial production cost so slapping it on a Camaro was met with minimum cost set back. So why not push the chassis out to 2016 letting GM redesign the Camaro to compete with the Mustang and still cashing in on the platform until it becomes impractical (and illegal).

How much do you think it would cost GM to re-skin the 5th gen and badge it Chevelle?
Old 02-07-2011, 07:04 PM   #246
NASCR3

Drives: Synergy Green 2SS/RS/HURST
I wish I could be at Chicago on Wednesday, not only is it my birthday, but soon to be the birthday of another great GM performer. Guess I'll just have to cover my screen in birthday wrapping paper & unwrap it to symbolize Fbodfather's gift to me. LOL.

John

2G1FT1EW7B9128807

Ordered: 8/6/2010
1100: 8/6/2010
2000: 8/23/2010
2051: 8/10/2010
2500: 8/24/2010
3000: 8/25/2010
3100: 9/8/2010
3300: 9/8/2010
3400: 9/11/2010
3800: 10/4/2010
4000: 10/4/2010
4200: 10/4/2010
5000: 10/13/2010
6000: 10/14/2010
NASCR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:06 PM   #247
camarolt76
2SS/RS Black/CGM Stripes

Drives: 88 Iroc, 76 Camaro, 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by binlow84 View Post
I may be in the minority here, but I personally hope it's NOT the Z/28/HP Edition Camaro. We already know that vehicle exists, I want to see GM pull something really surprising out of their hats like a Cadillac/Buick variation on the Camaro. Perhaps reviving the Trans Am as a special Buick model even......? I think the most exciting news would be a vehicle not carrying the Camaro nameplate and looks.

2SS/RS Black with CGM Rally Stripes (#8575) Built on 8th of May, Delivered 10 June 2009.

camarolt76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:26 PM   #248
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
I do.
Don't ya love it when Thor lowers the boom....! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
You know you love our questions and speculation.

I mean, let's think about it, do the Toyota fans have threads like this on their forums?
You mean Toyota has fans.....AND a forum?????? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown355 View Post
IMHO The fact he stated "Camaro" based instead of "Zeta" based, tells me it'll be some flavor of Camaro. My guess is it'll be the Z28, slated to be built early next year.
.....theres that Z28 phrase again...

Quote:

I vote Chevelle SS.
...you were running pretty good up until now bro, you just went off the track into the woods.....crash...burn...
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:11 PM   #249
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:

I vote Chevelle SS.

You don't understand how the development of a new car works right?

Extensive R&D would have to be done on any car, no matter what. It's not as simple as change something here and there and all of a sudden you have a brand new car. Creating a new car would be just as expensive as anything, for what?
A car that no one knows if it will sell. A car that has no real heritage behind it.
R&D on a any car, whether it uses the Zeta chassis or not, will cost money.

IF there is a new car based on the Zeta, it's better to do something that has a substantial marketing backing, something that the general public will want.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:28 PM   #250
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:

I vote Chevelle SS.
Not happening.

Even if someone at GM got the idea to bring the Chevelle back, it would still take quite a few years for the car to go into production.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:30 PM   #251
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Well a credible source informed me that there is a possibility of the following models appearing at this show in Chicago. While I cannot go into detail as to who told me this, I can however share the details.

it will be "Camaro-based"
which could mean.........
another GM vehicle with Camaro parts to it
another Chevy based on Camaro architecture
an aftermarket Camaro endorsed by GM
a limited edition Camaro
the Camaro Z28
a one-off Camaro
a Chevelle
a Camaro ZL1
a Camaro ZR1
a Beretta
a Camaro hybrid
a Camaro submarine
a Camaro rocket ship
a Camaro racoon
a Camaro-shaped bubble
I will state that I do have very credible sources, and that whatever he says is the shizzzzzzzz!
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:35 PM   #252
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
Well a credible source informed me that there is a possibility of the following models appearing at this show in Chicago. While I cannot go into detail as to who told me this, I can however share the details.

it will be "Camaro-based"
which could mean.........
another GM vehicle with Camaro parts to it
another Chevy based on Camaro architecture
an aftermarket Camaro endorsed by GM
a limited edition Camaro
the Camaro Z28
a one-off Camaro
a Chevelle
a Camaro ZL1
a Camaro ZR1
a Beretta
a Camaro hybrid
a Camaro submarine
a Camaro rocket ship
a Camaro racoon
a Camaro-shaped bubble
I will state that I do have very credible sources, and that whatever he says is the shizzzzzzzz!
I told you not to mention the submarine!
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote