Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 09-12-2016, 09:32 PM   #1
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Brake Pads Street / Auto X / Road Course.

Well I've finally started my brake upgrades.
6 piston CTS-V Caliper with corresponding rotors.
New pin and spring kit.
Stainless lines.
The correct big caliper backing plates.
1 thing missing brake pads.
I know there's a ton of threads but some are kinda on the old side, so what I would like to do is get a consensus on good multi-purpose pads, good stopping power, low dusting, and low noise. Now I know I can't find the perfect pad but there's got to be a good all around pad.

I've seen the Hawk Pads, I've watched Spike Channel's (Detroit Muscle) they use Power Stop. Would like a good weigh in on all the other pads out there.
I'd like some info on the EBC line if anyone has used them.
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 09:58 PM   #2
Nick S

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Good stopping power and low dusting are inversely proportional...meaning the more stopping power you get, the more dust you have.

If you are not going to do big road courses then I hear a lot of good things about the Hawk HP plus's. They would work really well for Autocross and street driving...although they might be more dusty than you want.

For road courses I would recommend Hawk DTC 70's front and DTC 60's rear as I have used that combination on a road course (I also have 6-piston fronts) and they worked really well. Great stopping power for me and I never felt any hint of fade.

I did just recently order and receive the Raybestos ST47's for the fronts and ST45's for the rears that I plan to try at one of my next road course events. I've seen many great reviews for them for road course use as well.
Old 09-13-2016, 09:44 AM   #3
JRL1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
Well I've finally started my brake upgrades.
6 piston CTS-V Caliper with corresponding rotors.
New pin and spring kit.
Stainless lines.
The correct big caliper backing plates.
1 thing missing brake pads.
I know there's a ton of threads but some are kinda on the old side, so what I would like to do is get a consensus on good multi-purpose pads, good stopping power, low dusting, and low noise. Now I know I can't find the perfect pad but there's got to be a good all around pad.

I've seen the Hawk Pads, I've watched Spike Channel's (Detroit Muscle) they use Power Stop. Would like a good weigh in on all the other pads out there.
I'd like some info on the EBC line if anyone has used them.
I like the 1LE OEM pads for autox/track/street, if they have them for those calipers. The pure track oriented pads have too much bite and can't get enough heat in them for autox, especially for trail braking. The OEM pads do it all and perform on the track as well and don't dust too bad. I use them for 2/3 track, 1/3 autox work. For just track work, I like the ST43 Raybestos.
YMMV
JRL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 09:14 PM   #4
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
contact jpss, and speak to pete about brake pads, he has an amazing company with great pads
camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote