Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-09-2013, 09:11 AM   #29
Bobbyosto

Drives: 2013 Camaro & 2012 Corvette GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFWJR179 View Post
If I were you, I would try to find the ZL1 you want in some dealer's
inventory within a 200 mile radius of where you live and buy it at MSRP.

The ZL1 order and allocation process is totally messed up/illogical.

I'm just saying...
I agree; I'm pretty sure your car is sitting in some dealers inventory just waiting for you. Dig a little harder....
Bobbyosto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:41 AM   #30
Devils950003

Drives: 2013 IOM ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbyosto View Post
I agree; I'm pretty sure your car is sitting in some dealers inventory just waiting for you. Dig a little harder....
Agree...or one that is damned close.

Here is what I wanted:

2013 IOM ZL1
Manual
Sunroof
Bright forged rims
Leather wheel/shift knob
Interior lighting package
Navigation

Here is what I got:

2013 IOM ZL1
Manual
Sunroof
Black rims
Suede wheel/shift knob
Interior lighting package
No navigation

The color, tranny, rims, and sunroof were my 100% must-haves.

Like I said in an earlier post, before I picked the car up, I was able to find brand-new bright rims, and able to sell my blacks. So that problem was solved within 15 hrs or so of picking up the car.

I actually dig the suede wheel and knob now that I have them...like the way they look AND feel. If they don't hold up, I'll switch to their leather counterparts.

So in the end, all I'm missing is the nav...it would've been nice to have had it, but it wasn't a deal-breaker for me.

But yeah, in the end, do what makes you happy sb64...you know better than anyone what you're willing to compromise on, if anything.
Devils950003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:45 AM   #31
Devils950003

Quote:
Originally Posted by snackbar64 View Post
Thanks! At this point you kind of just have to go in hoping they have an allocation. Every dealer so far has told me they can get me one. I am not sure who actually can and that's been the problem. I have one dealership who is the sister dealer(same ownership) to the current dealer I am working with now and they have allocations. Q chevy has a bunch of ZL1s on the floor so that may be all of their allocations so I didn't consider going there to place an order.
My first dealer lied about having one. Sadly, it seems as though some dealers will do that.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:07 PM   #32
snackbar64

Drives: SW 2017 ZL1, M6, Carbon, Nav, MR,
Thanks for your support and advice guys! The dealership emailed me about an hour ago and said they have an allocation and the order should be pulled this week to begin the build. I tell you I might just take the rest of the afternoon off after getting that good news. No way I can concentrate on my lines for tomorrow's shoot now.

Cheers!

Snack B
snackbar64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:12 PM   #33
Devils950003

Quote:
Thanks for your support and advice guys! The dealership emailed me about an hour ago and said they have an allocation and the order should be pulled this week to begin the build. I tell you I might just take the rest of the afternoon off after getting that good news. No way I can concentrate on my lines for tomorrow's shoot now.

Cheers!

Snack B
Congrats, let the (sweet) anticipation begin!
Old 01-09-2013, 12:20 PM   #34
snackbar64

Hey I've been waiting to be waiting and couldn't be happier right now!
Old 01-09-2013, 02:30 PM   #35
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Quote:
Thrillz,

I understand your point and it is very well made, but when there is so much money at stake with only one shot to get it right, you have every right to be picky. If I won a car without nav in a sweepstakes that would be different, but I gotta take the Burger King approach on this one.

For many years when i bought cars I always had to take what they would let me have. I wanted the last generation Camaro when if was first released in 98. I was just hoping for a 200 hp V6. Within 10 minutes of being on the lot I was politely walked passed every single Camaro to a sea of Cavaliers with roll me up windows.

At the end of the day I was glad to have it. That was December of 1999 and I was 20 years old. I have paid my dues and should be able to get all that I desire in this car. It will be my second and probably last new car following the Cavalier. I imagine you are right in your assessment that many would give their arm because I have given 15 years of my life.
Believe me i understand but i guess Nav for me is really low in priorities when it comes to this type of car. It certainly is not even close to a deal breaker. Priorities for me if i was getting a ZL1 would be color,coupe and has to be manual. Back in 2010 when i got my 2LT there was a rally yellow with everything i wanted but automatic. I passed and drove 1400 Km's to get the manual . Would i do that for a ZL1 if i was in the market for one if it had no Nav no. Either way i meant that statement in a respectful way. I wish you all the best in your hunt for your ZL1. Please share pictures when you get it. We all love pictures of people's rides around here.

Last edited by Thrillz; 01-09-2013 at 02:56 PM.
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:50 PM   #36
snackbar64

It's all good Thrillz!!

I will be sure to post some pics of me having to be helped to my feet with a coat over my shoulders like James Brown after crying my eyes out as soon as it gets here. I really love the nav because just like the 580 hp supercharged motor, the nav is also a first for a Camaro and a damn good one too. I can't wait to get it!
Old 01-11-2013, 07:30 PM   #37
ernie scar

Drives: Chevy/Dodge/Ford
I have read quite a few posts on the site for the short time I have been a member; and by the looks of things I will be putting an order in for a car maybe sooner than later.

I went through all the same frustration you are going through right now about four years ago on another car I bought.

I think a lot of it depends on the size of dealership you are dealing with. Bigger dealerships push more products out the door, which in turn leads to more allocations of certain cars.

I have a feeling by the looks of this; if I put in an order for the car in the next couple of days or so I could be waiting anywhere from 6 to 12 months before the car shows up.

Going on this forum will help a lot, it’s like therapy. I have been a long time member on another car forum, and it helped with my sanity when I had to wait for my car.

Anyway look at the bright side, the longer it takes to build the car the more cash you can put down on the car and the faster it will be paid off.

Hope this helps.
ernie scar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:03 PM   #38
Skylane765

Drives: ZL1-1LE, Z/28
Quote:
Hey guys please help me keep my sanity.

I ordered a 2013 ZL1 on 12/21/12 at Stonebriar here in Frisco, TX with the understanding that they would have an allocation to order this car by the first of the year. Each day they seem no closer to knowing when they will have an allocation. I put down a non-refundable $500.00 deposit.

They have yet to cash my check. I am seriously considering stopping payment and going somewhere else that can tell me for sure they have an allocation. What are your thoughts. Are they pulling my leg? Am I just wasting time and need to move on? I'm not even to the waiting period of 6 to 8 weeks because my order has not even been placed. What is holding me there is my preferred pricing which has shaved nearly 2 grand off of my final msrp after options were added.

What would you do?

I'm losing it! Show me some ZL1 love fellas!

Brandon
Find a dealer with a allocation. I wonder if the black wheels, NAV and carbon fiber hood is on constraint?
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:06 PM   #39
Skylane765

Quote:

Cheers!

Snack B
Now they can tell you what comes up for constraint for their allocation once the order is placed. Usually the build in 20 days, unless it has got quicker.

I passed up 3 allocations because I wanted NAV, blk wheels and CFHood
Old 01-11-2013, 11:57 PM   #40
snackbar64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylane765 View Post
Now they can tell you what comes up for constraint for their allocation once the order is placed. Usually the build in 20 days, unless it has got quicker.

I passed up 3 allocations because I wanted NAV, blk wheels and CFHood
You mean it takes 20 days to build the car once started?
Old 01-12-2013, 12:13 AM   #41
69NMYSS

Drives: '69 Camaro SS and '12 ZL1
I live in Cali and bought from Arkansas. I called 22 dealerships to find an allocation at MSRP. Now this was in Sep/oct of 2011 ('12 #52), what im getting at, if i could find one then, you can certainly find one now. Just gotta dig
Old 01-12-2013, 12:00 PM   #42
Skylane765

Quote:
You mean it takes 20 days to build the car once started?
No, once the order is picked up by GM takes 20 days before they build it in a day.

That 20 to 30 days are from when the dealer gets allocation to build day.

The dealer can show the invoice or other info that gives a TPW. Target production week, or build week.

If you get to 3000 then you should have a TPW. Here is a invoice the day after my build
Attached Images