Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-01-2009, 03:53 PM   #29
nascarnate326
Team Green

Drives: 1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
Send a message via AIM to nascarnate326
The reason the mustang sales are so low..... the 20 year old motor. When the 5.0 shows up next year, sales will be through the roof.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:55 PM   #30
Bowtie Guy Z28

Drives: 98' Z28 08 CC Z71 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Kinkaid View Post
Not to sound selfish but I hope GM pulls the plug on this car pretty soon. For everyone and their mother to have a 2010 camaro is just not good for so many reasons. The most imporant in my opinion being VALUE, I was under the impression this car was going to be a limited edition with only so many produced. That is one of the reasons I chose to buy it, the more that are produced the less the value will be in the future (I plan on keeping it). Where I live I am one of few 2010 camaro owners, I see another one every now and then and honestly I like it this way and hope it stays this way. I don't know about everyone else but it feels nice to own and be apart of something that people don't see everyday. I can't go anywhere without people stopping to talk to me about it or take pictures or staring at me so hard while driving they almost run off the road.If these things are happening to me I know they are happening to everyone else out there who owns one. The minute you start seeing this car everywhere means it is sloowwwly loosing it's luster.:( This is just my opinion and I do not expect everyone to agree with it !

I kinda feel the same way, loving the celebrity factor of having this car. But in the same sense I would hope that anyone that wants one have the chance to get one. If I didn't have mine already and the plug was pulled I'd probably go into some state of depression!

Oh and Bob Lutz, way back in 2006 after the concept was revealed, stated that it wouldn't make sense to bring the car back unless they could sell 100K a year. I think he later changed that amount to 75K a year but far more than a limited production run.

The "Z": BBK Intake, 85 MM Power TB, Smooth Bellow, SLP Lid, K&N, SLP Panhard, Strut Tower Brace, Spec Stage 2+ Racing Clutch, MSD Wires, Performance Exhaust
Bowtie Guy Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:00 PM   #31
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
ROCK ON, CAMARO!!!....
Old 09-01-2009, 04:02 PM   #32
HOCOPO

Drives: H.O.COPO
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post
Wow, and I still rarely see them on the road...

And also, where are these missing 12,000 Camaros?!? WTF?
You and I are kinda wondering the same thing. I just checked my local dealer and they just got in 6 SS's and one is in the high 12K range on the VIN and the other 5 are in the low 13K range. Where have these cars been hiding?
HOCOPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:09 PM   #33
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
keep pumping them out!!!! I just want mine!!! but I know it's worth the wait...
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:15 PM   #34
Keith Kinkaid
"So you're my guardian?"

Drives: Bumblebee/2 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOCOPO View Post
You and I are kinda wondering the same thing. I just checked my local dealer and they just got in 6 SS's and one is in the high 12K range on the VIN and the other 5 are in the low 13K range. Where have these cars been hiding?
Who knows......They may have been presold orders for people who backed out or couldn't get financed. A local dealer where I live got 3 in last Friday (one 1ss and two 2ss) and this was the case for these 3 cars. This particular dealer is charging a minimum 5k over MSRP and are getting people to pay it. They sold one the same day and according to a salesman today another one is pretty much sold as well. Couldn't be me paying 5k or more just because, I only paid MSRP + my options and taxes.

"Can You Talk"..."So You Talk Through The Radio"
Keith Kinkaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:17 PM   #35
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Quote:
Not to sound selfish but I hope GM pulls the plug on this car pretty soon. For everyone and their mother to have a 2010 camaro is just not good for so many reasons. The most imporant in my opinion being VALUE, I was under the impression this car was going to be a limited edition with only so many produced. That is one of the reasons I chose to buy it, the more that are produced the less the value will be in the future (I plan on keeping it). Where I live I am one of few 2010 camaro owners, I see another one every now and then and honestly I like it this way and hope it stays this way. I don't know about everyone else but it feels nice to own and be apart of something that people don't see everyday. I can't go anywhere without people stopping to talk to me about it or take pictures or staring at me so hard while driving they almost run off the road.If these things are happening to me I know they are happening to everyone else out there who owns one. The minute you start seeing this car everywhere means it is sloowwwly loosing it's luster.:( This is just my opinion and I do not expect everyone to agree with it !
fdjizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:21 PM   #36
Nostromo

Drives: '11 DTS, '11 Yuk' Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Dodge Challenger Sales, August 2009: 1,132 units sold.
Sad, after a fashion.
Challenger's a worthy vehicle even when considering complaints of a bland interior. No doubt, given advances in rust-proofing over the past 3 decades, they're more corrosion resistant. In my day (licensed driver since '72) there were Challengers turning up used with perforations on the fender tops, rocker panels and quarter panels after only 2 years on the road. Same type of cancer that ate Plymouth Volare's alive in the late '70s. Chrysler eventually made a settlement on those but I never did hear of any consideration given to owners of disappearing Challengers.

A 1970 Challenger's also noteworthy for a starring role in the film, from '71, "Vanishing Point". An iconic automobile.
Nostromo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:23 PM   #37
Speed 1

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro 365 days a year
Tran,

I was wondering what the #'s where.

Thanks for posting them!!!
Old 09-01-2009, 04:42 PM   #38
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
Quote:
Was it your dealer who told you there was only going to be a limited production of the Camaro? I think quite a few less-than-reputable salesmen have been saying that to pressure people into buying.
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
MontyCarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:02 PM   #39
Keith Kinkaid
"So you're my guardian?"

Drives: Bumblebee/2 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyCarlo View Post
Was it your dealer who told you there was only going to be a limited production of the Camaro? I think quite a few less-than-reputable salesmen have been saying that to pressure people into buying.
No my dealer did not pressure me at all into buying it. Matter of fact my whole experience with them and this car was kind of weird and the opposite of what I expected. Customer service was horrible they had a very nonchalant attitude about this car any their customers who purchased one, seems like they could have cared less. They never bothered to keep me informed with the status of my order, every time I asked them something there answer was always "I don't know". How can the dealership not know what is going on ??? I physically did everything myself (phone calls, late night internet searches, etc.). If it wasn't for camaro5.com I would have been in the dark the whole entire time while I was waiting on my car . I read that information about limited production somewhere on the internet a while ago.

"Can You Talk"..."So You Talk Through The Radio"
Keith Kinkaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:11 PM   #40
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
Those Mustang numbers seem real low. Any ideas if that's the Camaro, or people waiting for the "upgraded" 2011 Mustang?
2010-1SS-IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:12 PM   #41
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Quote:
Guess you should have bought a new zr1 and not drive it for the next 50 years. Then you may have something.....
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:22 PM   #42
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
I am in disbelief that i've just seen two people hoping the plug is pulled on the Camaro, because their cars will devalue otherwise. Is this the Twilight Zone?!

Challenger less than 2k cars a month...i don't see much future for that car, and i'm not suprised.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote