Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 01-27-2010, 08:04 PM   #85
nalinc23

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lineman View Post
I did this - twice. There's been no change to the sound. The one way valve DID NOT change the sound in any way. It's like having a girlfriend who has a laugh that you can't stand, but she's so much fun that you can't give her up.
That's a great analogy, actually been there before...

But anyway it sounds like you might have another issue if the valve did not fix it because the noisy heater core is isolated to that faulty or incorrect valve. When does the noise happen? Under a load and at idle?

nalinc23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:41 AM   #86
Lineman

Drives: 04 Tahoe and 2010 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalinc23 View Post
That's a great analogy, actually been there before...

But anyway it sounds like you might have another issue if the valve did not fix it because the noisy heater core is isolated to that faulty or incorrect valve. When does the noise happen? Under a load and at idle?
Happens under load - not at idle. When I start driving from a stone cold start (over night) there's no sound at all. As the engine temp comes up the girl friend starts laughing. At operating temp, she's laughing at a knee slapper joke. I'm thinking it can't be the valve - or lack of. I don't think that the valve has anything to do with it and that's why I wonder if we're talking about two different sounds. Wish a bunch of us could get together and compare. I've had two different SS owners in my car and neither one of them have heard the sound in their cars. I've asked three other SS owners and they don't know what I'm talking about. Ready to trade it in on a Z28 (when will they start building those?).
Lineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:47 PM   #87
nalinc23

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 6MT
Yeah, see mine was ALL THE TIME, cold/warm, you name it. As long as I was over 3000 rpms or something it was there. I wish I knew what to tell you. On my old car the shifter rubbed against the heatshield and made a similar friction/rubbing noise possibly that could be it??

nalinc23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:57 AM   #88
don0fthedead

Drives: Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lineman View Post
Happens under load - not at idle. When I start driving from a stone cold start (over night) there's no sound at all. As the engine temp comes up the girl friend starts laughing. At operating temp, she's laughing at a knee slapper joke. I'm thinking it can't be the valve - or lack of. I don't think that the valve has anything to do with it and that's why I wonder if we're talking about two different sounds. Wish a bunch of us could get together and compare. I've had two different SS owners in my car and neither one of them have heard the sound in their cars. I've asked three other SS owners and they don't know what I'm talking about. Ready to trade it in on a Z28 (when will they start building those?).
Yeah, this sounds about how mine does. I'm still trying to figure out what my noise is actually coming from. I'd record my sound and put it on youtube or something, but I don't have anything to record with, doh.
don0fthedead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 02:24 PM   #89
jacques

Drives: Summit White 2SS RS
I had the same noise - sounded like it was coming from under the glove gox. The dealer did the TSB - NO MORE NOISE
jacques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:03 PM   #90
Lineman

Quote:
Originally Posted by don0fthedead View Post
Yeah, this sounds about how mine does. I'm still trying to figure out what my noise is actually coming from. I'd record my sound and put it on youtube or something, but I don't have anything to record with, doh.
That's a really good idea. Wonder if I can figure out how to do a youtube clip and post it here. Thinking, thinking. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/images/smilies/bonk.gif
Old 02-08-2010, 07:05 PM   #91
Lineman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques View Post
I had the same noise - sounded like it was coming from under the glove gox. The dealer did the TSB - NO MORE NOISE
Congrats - really. Hope it lasts. Let us know if it comes back.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:54 PM   #92
fieldgoal00
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS
My fiancee's car is at the dealership right now with the "Engine Power Reduced" problem, so while it's there we were having them do all the other TSB's. The dealer won't do the noisy heater core TSB b/c they said they can't hear it.
fieldgoal00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 02:16 PM   #93
Ksb2010ss

Drives: Aqua Blue SS,White Stripes,Borla Ex
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_Gixxer1000 View Post
I took mine to the dealer after the first week. (Middle of Dec.) The service advisor looked at me like I had two heads. Then I said, “Hop in I’ll show you”….

And wouldn’t you know it, it wouldn’t do it!!!! :upset:

It has come and gone ever since. In the end, and after reading some of the post here, I have decided to just live with it. I guess some are worse than others. But mines not to bad… yet.

My gripe is in that the bulletin that came out in JUNE. My car was built in November. Why wasn’t this update done in the original build and moreover why didn’t the service advisor know about it? 6 months is long enough that I doubt mine was the first one they dealer I took it to had seen.
My car was built in october,wondering the same thing. it should have been fixed then,I also have the noise only for a minute until engine gets to operating temp.,and would rather not have the dealership (butchers) mechanics touch my car. I already fixed the a/c evaporator drain that was leaking on to the pass. floor
Ksb2010ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 05:37 PM   #94
nachocheese

Drives: 1LT RS, SIM
I took my car in to get the "rice crispies" out of the dash. They told me that since the TSB is just for the V8, it doesn't apply to my car. They said their tech couldn't hear the noise. I guess they figure I am hallucinating. I dropped it off to get them to change the oil and address 3 issues including this one. They were calling me to pick up the car in less than an hour. I guess they don't make money off finding noises, so they will just lie about trying to fix it. I'm getting pretty tired of all the rattles and gurgles in this car!
nachocheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:12 PM   #95
trickortreat

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black, IOI
Took the car back into the dealer where I purchased the car. A long drive, but a free first oil change was hard to pass up. Heard the noise a couple of times on the long drive in. 2nd and 3rd gear, rice crispies, gurgling, etc...

Described the problem to the service guy. Didn't go for a ride with his tech guy. Mentioned a TSB for it. He said, "Camaro doesn't have any TSB's". Amazing. Oil changed, service guy says his tech couldn't hear it. Whatever. Get in the car, drive out of the parking lot and the sound is clear as day. Rather than go back, I drive to another dealer. Service manager offers to ride with me. We pull out, he hears it before I do. Mentions the TSB, explains why it's happening and the fix. Part ordered. Sound be fixed in a week or so. Can't wait until the sound is gone.

Wish I had bought my car from his dealership. So glad I checked this place to gain some knowledge before I went into the dealer. Thanks Camaro5.
trickortreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:28 PM   #96
Grinder19

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8/2010 2SSCamaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickortreat View Post
Took the car back into the dealer where I purchased the car. A long drive, but a free first oil change was hard to pass up. Heard the noise a couple of times on the long drive in. 2nd and 3rd gear, rice crispies, gurgling, etc...

Described the problem to the service guy. Didn't go for a ride with his tech guy. Mentioned a TSB for it. He said, "Camaro doesn't have any TSB's". Amazing. Oil changed, service guy says his tech couldn't hear it. Whatever. Get in the car, drive out of the parking lot and the sound is clear as day. Rather than go back, I drive to another dealer. Service manager offers to ride with me. We pull out, he hears it before I do. Mentions the TSB, explains why it's happening and the fix. Part ordered. Sound be fixed in a week or so. Can't wait until the sound is gone.

Wish I had bought my car from his dealership. So glad I checked this place to gain some knowledge before I went into the dealer. Thanks Camaro5.
What dealership do you go to? I've been to my local one in Williamsburg twice for this...even gave them the TSB # the second visit and they didn't perform the work....long story there.
Grinder19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:36 PM   #97
asmith10

Drives: Camaro 2LT/RS IBM
Do they happen to have the same TSB for the v6s? Mine does the exact same thing.
asmith10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:39 PM   #98
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
I can hear it in my car too... it starts to get pretty loud around 4K rpm. Haven't tried bringing it in to the dealership yet. Mostly because I don't keep the RPM's up that high enough to bother me that much. Don't understand why this wouldn't be covered in the V6... it's not an engine issue, don't they share the same heater core?
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote