Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-31-2008, 10:29 AM   #169
bobscogin

Drives: 2016 Challenger R/T, 1965 Impala SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Is it possible that this company is the one making the ABL? And that is why GM is not talking about ABL?
Cadence makes (made?) interior trim parts, so you can be pretty sure that they were involved in the ambient lighting. If not the vendor, they would have to at least been involved in it's incorporation into the dash / instrument panel they had a contract to build for the Camaro. Despite all the "think positive" opinions being expressed, I'm anything but optimistic about the outcome of the Cadence debacle. Damit, I want my Camaro!!

Bob
bobscogin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 12:25 PM   #170
Rallyman6

Drives: '10 2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, Roof
I read somewhere that GM is trying to get into the Cadence fatory to get their tooling. I guess the tooling to make the door panels and trim belong to GM?

I will try to re-find it from last night.

2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, 6MT, IO Interior, Roof, Eibach Sways, BC Coilovers, BMR Swing arms,Barton Short Shift, BBK LT's, GMPP exhaust, Hi-Flow Cats, MAST Stage 2 Cam, CAI = 470RWHP
Rallyman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:02 PM   #171
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstLSK View Post
That is exactly what I was thinking when I read it.... "door trim and instrument panels..."

TIME TO ROLL IN THE BLACK SUBURBANS.......

Need more Burbans

Old 12-31-2008, 01:17 PM   #172
tsg1391

Drives: 79 formula 'bird, 5th gen soon
so if i only have a 1ss without ABL does that mean i lucked out?
tsg1391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:21 PM   #173
Dan

Drives: 2004 GTO
A 1SS wouldn't come with ABL anyway.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:32 PM   #174
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsg1391 View Post
so if i only have a 1ss without ABL does that mean i lucked out?
Sort of....you won't be missing the ABL, only your instrument panel and console.

Doubt any ABL problem there may be has anything to do with Cadence. Sounds too techy for them. They install the gauges but don't mfr. them, and it's probably the same with the ABL, if they do indeed install it.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:52 PM   #175
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Need more Burbans
The best way to deal with Burbans is to talk about the problems with suppliers or ABL. Then, almost magically, they dissapear, and instead go to less important threads such as car shows.

- "Negative topics scare me, I will avoid them!"
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 05:10 PM   #176
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
The best way to deal with Burbans is to talk about the problems with suppliers or ABL. Then, almost magically, they dissapear, and instead go to less important threads such as car shows.

- "Negative topics scare me, I will avoid them!"
That isn't fair one bit. I am personally offended at this post.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 06:16 PM   #177
BryGo
Moving up in the world...

Drives: 2009 Cadillac CTS, 2010 Camaro
Did someone say bourbon?
3300 - 6/5/09
3400 - 6/19/09
3800 - 6/19/09
4000 - 6/24/09
4104 - 6/28/09
4B00 - 7/1/09
4200 - 7/20/09
5000 - 7/30/09
6000 - 7/31/09

IT'S HOME!!!!
BryGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 06:26 PM   #178
leatherneck

Drives: yellow/bl. hood stripes-ss/rs
this is an " I told you so " post--lolol

No one lokes an " Itold you so" But I told ya so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!--lololol

im just joking guys put down your guns--lolol--but i said the other night taking all kinds of crap!!! It teed me of so much I thought the mods would kick me off the site for good. I know now that most of it was in jest and good fun. And i thank the mods for their understanding!!

But i gotta rub it in just a little--lolol-I made a point that night that no us government-- no federal reserve would ever let the american auto industry go under!!! My exact words were "nooooooooo wayyyyyyy---no howwwwwww". lololol--

My basis for saying that was that we are in a deep recession that will take some time to get out of. An i said that no one was gonna let that happen, cuz a million people would lose their jobs an a deep recession would become a deeper depression that would make 1929 look like childs play!!!!!!---Boy did some of you neysayers jump on me-- while others were just having fun.

Well since then the Treasury department gave GMAC financing arm 5 billion dollars- and gave GM 1 billion dollars!! And as of tonight GMAC has completed its debt for equity deal with the federal reserve!!! They are now a bank holding compant that will have access to the 750 billion bank bailout cash!!!---believe me im not gloating, Im as happy as i can be!!!

withg all this financial stuff out of the way GMAC can now concentrate on this parts issue --hopefully getting it done by jan. 12th
leatherneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 06:30 PM   #179
leatherneck

i left out an important fact

GMAC did nottttttttt come up with the total 30 billion dollares that was asked for by the federal reserve!!!!! But evidently made a good enough effort for the feds to grant GMAC bank holding status> This does not however get GMAC off the hok for the rest. they will still have more work to do
Old 12-31-2008, 06:33 PM   #180
dieseldave24v
PowerStroke this Ford boy

Drives: Like Don Garlits "Big Daddy"
Quote:
Originally Posted by leatherneck View Post
No one lokes an " Itold you so" But I told ya so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!--lololol

im just joking guys put down your guns--lolol--but i said the other night taking all kinds of crap!!! It teed me of so much I thought the mods would kick me off the site for good. I know now that most of it was in jest and good fun. And i thank the mods for their understanding!!

But i gotta rub it in just a little--lolol-I made a point that night that no us government-- no federal reserve would ever let the american auto industry go under!!! My exact words were "nooooooooo wayyyyyyy---no howwwwwww". lololol--

My basis for saying that was that we are in a deep recession that will take some time to get out of. An i said that no one was gonna let that happen, cuz a million people would lose their jobs an a deep recession would become a deeper depression that would make 1929 look like childs play!!!!!!---Boy did some of you neysayers jump on me-- while others were just having fun.

Well since then the Treasury department gave GMAC financing arm 5 billion dollars- and gave GM 1 billion dollars!! And as of tonight GMAC has completed its debt for equity deal with the federal reserve!!! They are now a bank holding compant that will have access to the 750 billion bank bailout cash!!!---believe me im not gloating, Im as happy as i can be!!!

withg all this financial stuff out of the way GMAC can now concentrate on this parts issue --hopefully getting it done by jan. 12th

WTF are you talking about? I understand the points you are making, but this in no way that I see relates to " GM sues bankrupt supplier Cadence over parts".

Hey big man let me hold a dollar
dieseldave24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 06:38 PM   #181
leatherneck

ummm scroll up

T his whole conversation took place two nigts ago on this ver pay-- scroll up and read the posts from the page and the last one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! duhhhhhhh
Old 12-31-2008, 06:40 PM   #182
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
I for one am glad you were right, leatherneck! And I'm sure in your broad life experiences, you've come to realize theres all kinds of people out there. And many of them are right here at Camaro5 too. So, we all eat a little s**t at times for what we say. Oh, well. Hang in there, buddy!