Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-05-2013, 10:13 PM   #43
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGator75 View Post
What is the 1\4 time of a 2013 2LT/RS?
It's in the first post in this thread. Per Chevy, it's either 14.4 sec (auto) or 14.3 sec (manual).
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:36 PM   #44
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Wow, just went out and took a look at my lower grille. It's the same as the pics (the closed off one)... Now wondering if the 1LS grille is the same myself, as it might make sense that they wanted to keep the engine hotter for emissions/fuel economy reasons on the 2LS?

Never thought they would have changed that from LT to LS... Surely there must be a "reason"?
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:28 AM   #45
911medic

Do you think it's to adjust the under hood temp, or for aerodynamic reasons?

Hopefully someone with a 1LS will chime in and let us know if that lower grille is open or closed. If I had to guess, I'd say the 2LS is the only one with the modified grille. If the 1LS has it, then it would seem more like cosmetic product/trim level differentiation than a performance change.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
Old 08-14-2013, 06:48 AM   #46
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
Finally took the time to throw the car into "M" and run the car in "Tapshift" mode.

Car runs all 6 gears up and down in that mode.
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:42 AM   #47
911medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LStick View Post
Finally took the time to throw the car into "M" and run the car in "Tapshift" mode.

Car runs all 6 gears up and down in that mode.
I'm confused by what you're saying. Are you saying tapshift works in your 2LS like in the LTs?
When you shift to M, what gear does it default to (may depend on the speed your at at the time)?
If you shift to M at a relatively low speed, and hit the plus paddle to increase the gearing level to 6, does the car upshift with each paddle press, or does it upshift as your speed increases?
What does the DIC show as you hit the plus paddle?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to understand.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:58 AM   #48
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911medic View Post
I'm confused by what you're saying. Are you saying tapshift works in your 2LS like in the LTs?
When you shift to M, what gear does it default to (may depend on the speed your at at the time)?
If you shift to M at a relatively low speed, and hit the plus paddle to increase the gearing level to 6, does the car upshift with each paddle press, or does it upshift as your speed increases?
What does the DIC show as you hit the plus paddle?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to understand.
No problems with the questions- I bought this thing, and wanted to understand what I was getting for my hard earned buck.

When shifting to M at a stop....I got a 1 on the DIC, which I confirmed by running that out for a short bit....then up paddle press...to 2-3-4-5-and finally 6. I could feel each shift. I then did the reverse....neg paddle press......and again.....could feel each different gear pull in. Each time I made a change.....the display on the DIC changed to indicate what gear I was in. Simple.

I have no grand plan to do this on a regular basis, but just wanted to confirm on a 2013 2LS, as an owner, that it does indeed "tapshift".
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:53 AM   #49
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by LStick View Post
No problems with the questions- I bought this thing, and wanted to understand what I was getting for my hard earned buck.

When shifting to M at a stop....I got a 1 on the DIC, which I confirmed by running that out for a short bit....then up paddle press...to 2-3-4-5-and finally 6. I could feel each shift. I then did the reverse....neg paddle press......and again.....could feel each different gear pull in. Each time I made a change.....the display on the DIC changed to indicate what gear I was in. Simple.

I have no grand plan to do this on a regular basis, but just wanted to confirm on a 2013 2LS, as an owner, that it does indeed "tapshift".
You were probably at the shift point when shifting up, and it should shift down as long as you are not going to put it over the rev limit by shifting. To know for sure if yours is like the LT's, while sitting still tap the up shift paddle and see if the numbers go up (2,3,4,etc), if they do then all you are selecting is the top gear it will shift to automatically. If it does select other gears other than 2nd, put it in 4th and drive, it should shift normally until you get to 4th gear then not shift again until you press the upshifting paddle..
Old 08-14-2013, 09:58 AM   #50
SgtPickles69
Team LFX

Drives: Fast
Love my 2LS
Old 08-14-2013, 10:33 AM   #51
911medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
You were probably at the shift point when shifting up, and it should shift down as long as you are not going to put it over the rev limit by shifting. To know for sure if yours is like the LT's, while sitting still tap the up shift paddle and see if the numbers go up (2,3,4,etc), if they do then all you are selecting is the top gear it will shift to automatically. If it does select other gears other than 2nd, put it in 4th and drive, it should shift normally until you get to 4th gear then not shift again until you press the upshifting paddle..
I wonder if this is what is happening, but need further clarification.

ERS can mimic TapShift, depending on how/when you use the paddles.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:33 AM   #52
911medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtPickles69 View Post
Love my 2LS
Old 08-15-2013, 01:06 AM   #53
Jason@JacFab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Quote:
I wonder if this is what is happening, but need further clarification.

ERS can mimic TapShift, depending on how/when you use the paddles.
+1

Although mostly useless, I have found a couple situations that it can be fun in even though it's not really "TapShift"...
Old 08-15-2013, 08:34 AM   #54
2fullgarage
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2018 SS Vert
All you are doing is setting the max gear that the car will automatically shift to, yes this allows you a little fun holding a gear or downshifting.

But Let's be ABSOLUTELY clear folks.......

At a stop light, you could shift the 2LS to "M", click the + paddle until it says 6 and drive all day just like you were in "D"

2fullgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:28 PM   #55
maxcamaro

Drives: 2013 2ls
Quote:
It's not just the 2LS that has a different differential housing and no LSD. That's true for all V6 autos, unfortunately. That's why I didn't include that in my post, as I'm addressing 2LS specific differences only.

Same for the limited gear options. You have to swap axles and part of the drive shaft, etc., just to swap a V8 differential into any V6 auto. The V6 manuals have the same housing as the SS, so things are easier (and they have LSD).

I bought my 2013 2LS a few months ago. Is there any way I can get the original 6.0 second 0-60 time just by taking it to a dyno and freeing up the remaining HP? I know they don't make tuners for the V6 models.
maxcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:09 PM   #56
Jason@JacFab

Not that it matters too much, but my local dealer just got in a 2014 1LS and 2LS... The lower grilles are the same. I see no difference in the appearance in the cars except the MPG rating on the window sticker, so I'm thinking the 2.92 rear end gear has carried over from the 2012-2013 cars.