Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-14-2008, 12:46 PM   #29
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTurtle View Post
center console USB port and aux jack in IVER car

Well, THERE it is!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 06:56 PM   #30
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF2010SSMANUAL View Post
You mean butyl rubber surrounds, which last 10x longer then foam.

I hope so.

Yes. That's what I meant.

They also make for tighter bass and just better overall sound quality.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 07:44 PM   #31
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Where'd you get that pic silver?
Old 08-15-2008, 01:11 AM   #32
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post

(Mission Impossible Theme Plays in the background)

"I could tell you, but then I'd have to KILL you."

http://www.epinions.com/content_113433611908

BA produces components that satisfy many audiophiles. Let's hope that the Visteon DSP amp components are worthy of the BA brand.

I think they will be.

Visteon -- give us more details please!
Old 08-15-2008, 02:09 AM   #33
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
I could tell you...but my names not "silver."
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 07:10 AM   #34
Mike C

Drives: 2014 Buick Regal GS AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KZ28_For_Now View Post
Visteon -- give us more details please!
That's all I know right now. I'll keep my a lookout for more info. My audio contact is out until Monday. But remember, I can't say anything until it is publicly released. Don't want any coming after me....
Mike C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 07:21 AM   #35
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I could tell you...but my names not "silver."
Hey TAG where did silver get that pic?
Old 08-15-2008, 08:37 AM   #36
JEFF2010SSMANUAL
JEFF2010SSMANUAL

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
Yes. That's what I meant.

They also make for tighter bass and just better overall sound quality.
Cool. They are much better. I have replaced foam surrounds and its NO fun.
I have a pair of 1990 HUGE Polk Audio $2000 home speakers that sound and look new. When Polk made SDA MONSTERS.
JEFF2010SSMANUAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 08:44 AM   #37
RCowan

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
Hmmmm those jack locations are perfect....if your center console is always empty.
RCowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 12:56 AM   #38
camaros and vettes
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2008 Corvette
Both are good in different areas. Bose is close to the top of the line in home audio. I have a Bose surround sound in my house, it sounds amazing. I also have the Bose system in my vette, and it sounds ok, but BA sounds better in the car world. i have a truck with all after market BA speakers in it, and the Bose system in my car cant touch it.
camaros and vettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 09:18 AM   #39
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Bose isn't crap...
I am an electronic technician and worked for Best Buy for 13 years (not in Geek Squad - I have an associates degree in electronics, and I worked in a regional service center, not a store - I am factory authorized and trained to repair to component level, read and understand schematics, use oscilloscopes and volt meters, and replace 500 pin surface mount microprocessors as well as any other electronic component on a circuit board).

Bose was one of the manufacturers we laughed at, because their marketing is about the best in the world. There is no doubt they do an excellent job in making people believe they engineer high end, high quality stuff. But when you actually take their stuff appart, and see how it's made, it will make you laugh.

Their systems are waaaaaay overpriced - the 3-2-1 system is over 1500 bucks and a Yamaha theater system is twice as nice for half the price. But the kicker is Bose doesn't even use discrete outputs - they use the PAL7001 amplifier IC you will find in a 150.00 Pioneer car CD head unit!!!! Their circuit boards are cheap, thin, and flimsy, they don't use any high current B+ rails (just the thin circuit board traces - real amps use solid copper or even gold bars soldered in to the circuit board for high current and low signal loss).

Bose does a great job with their marketing, and telling people how the "wave radio" and "virtual surround" works with only two little speakers and a sub.

But true high end home theater really starts with McIntosh like Tag said. I saw a demo from one of their factory engineers where he ran a 60 Hz sine wave into the amp, hooked a regular home vaccum cleaner into the outputs of the amp, and turned up the amp and ran the 6 amp vaccum off the outputs! Try that with a Bose

As for my home theater, I use an Adcom GTP-830 pre-amp, 4 AudioSource power amps (the two fronts and center are each briged mono at 50 watts rms, 200 pk per channel and the rears are run with a larger 400 watt amp, 200/channel stereo), Pinnacle speakers and a BCI 10" 200 watt sub.

All in all its about 1200 watts pk, 300 rms.

Yeah, it gets the job done
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 10:33 AM   #40
JEFF2010SSMANUAL
JEFF2010SSMANUAL

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
I am an electronic technician and worked for Best Buy for 13 years (not in Geek Squad - I have an associates degree in electronics, and I worked in a regional service center, not a store - I am factory authorized and trained to repair to component level, read and understand schematics, use oscilloscopes and volt meters, and replace 500 pin surface mount microprocessors as well as any other electronic component on a circuit board).

Bose was one of the manufacturers we laughed at, because their marketing is about the best in the world. There is no doubt they do an excellent job in making people believe they engineer high end, high quality stuff. But when you actually take their stuff appart, and see how it's made, it will make you laugh.

Their systems are waaaaaay overpriced - the 3-2-1 system is over 1500 bucks and a Yamaha theater system is twice as nice for half the price. But the kicker is Bose doesn't even use discrete outputs - they use the PAL7001 amplifier IC you will find in a 150.00 Pioneer car CD head unit!!!! Their circuit boards are cheap, thin, and flimsy, they don't use any high current B+ rails (just the thin circuit board traces - real amps use solid copper or even gold bars soldered in to the circuit board for high current and low signal loss).

Bose does a great job with their marketing, and telling people how the "wave radio" and "virtual surround" works with only two little speakers and a sub.

But true high end home theater really starts with McIntosh like Tag said. I saw a demo from one of their factory engineers where he ran a 60 Hz sine wave into the amp, hooked a regular home vaccum cleaner into the outputs of the amp, and turned up the amp and ran the 6 amp vaccum off the outputs! Try that with a Bose

As for my home theater, I use an Adcom GTP-830 pre-amp, 4 AudioSource power amps (the two fronts and center are each briged mono at 50 watts rms, 200 pk per channel and the rears are run with a larger 400 watt amp, 200/channel stereo), Pinnacle speakers and a BCI 10" 200 watt sub.

All in all its about 1200 watts pk, 300 rms.

Yeah, it gets the job done

You know your stuff.

I have always told people that BOSE SUCK. 3" paper cone mid-ranges and cheap tweeters. A JOKE IMHO.
JEFF2010SSMANUAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 10:50 AM   #41
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Well, THERE it is!
It's a good thing you can control it through the car's audio controls...having to reach in there to change the song every few minutes would be insanely annoying.
Old 08-16-2008, 06:04 PM   #42
pruettfan

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS / 2011 Z28
I believe they will also have a USB near the area of the 4 gauges in the console. I like the idea of having ability to store my ipod in the console for and host of reasons and since they have bluetooth my iphone should integrate nicely. Can't wait
pruettfan is offline   Reply With Quote