Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 08-02-2012, 05:04 PM   #1
Fitz14

Drives: 1LE hopefully in a few months
2013 1LE with GFX possible?

Hey guys. New member here, although I've been lurking around and finally signed up. I'm planning on joining your ranks at the end of this year lol. I've been waiting for the configurator on the chevy website to update with 2013 model specs and pricing, but I'm getting pretty impatient lol. I won't be ordering till' closer to the end of the year, so I'd prefer not go into a dealership and have them calling me and sending me emails till' I finally order. Anyway, I made this thread to ask the following few questions:

1. Is it possible to order the non painted GFX with the 1LE package? So get an SS with the 1LE box checked off, and add the GFX to that? I know the 1LE has the package specific front spoiler which is why I'm asking. I really like the GFX look and was hoping I can just replace that chin spoiler with the GFX package from the factory?

2. In the .pdf equipment list for the 2013's I found somewhere on here, it says that the 1LE hood is "wrapped" matte black. I'm going to assume it's a vinyl wrap. I'm not a fan of the flat black hood at all, and was wondering if indeed it is wrapped, is the hood still painted, so if I took off the matte wrap, it'd be the color I ordered the car in? Say Ashen Grey Metallic underneath the wrap? I'd just do that then after I've gotten it.

In regards to the second question, I wish they could just do the dual stripe package. I know the flat black hood (besides the wheels and some other pieces) is was differentiates it as a 1LE from say stock SS's. I just can't stand the ENTIRE hood being flat black.

I tried searching, but these questions are pretty out there I suppose lol. I know I'll get a few "why would you want to take off the wrap" and "I don't like the GFX, it's ugly anyway".... so before anyone tells me I shouldn't do that stuff or anything like that, I'm going to do it to my own car. No disrespect.

Any answers are appreciated, so thanks very much in advance guys. I look forward to ordering and joining this community!

- Fitz
Fitz14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:08 PM   #2
zogster

Drives: 2014 RRM ZL1 M6
I would think you could buy just the side skirts and/or rear fascia GFX and keep the 1LE front splitter.

As for the painted hood question, I would think it is painted underneath, but we will have to wait to find out I guess. If not, people sell their hoods for pretty cheap on here, and you may find someone to swap with that does want a matte black hood but doesn't want to buy a 1LE just to get it.
zogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:45 PM   #3
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Yes, the ground effects are available to order as an LPO with 1LE. You will not be able to order NPP Dual Mode Exhaust if you order the ground effects though. The NPP will not work with the rear ground effect.

The hood should be the color of the rest of the car. An easy way to tell is to just see what color the hood is underneat because the bottom side of the hood will not be wrapped.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:15 PM   #4
red70tvhs
Red

Drives: 2018 Mosaic Black 2ss M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Yes, the ground effects are available to order as an LPO with 1LE. You will not be able to order NPP Dual Mode Exhaust if you order the ground effects though. The NPP will not work with the rear ground effect.

The hood should be the color of the rest of the car. An easy way to tell is to just see what color the hood is underneat because the bottom side of the hood will not be wrapped.
I thought the NPP exhaust was standard on the 1LE?
red70tvhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:10 PM   #5
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by red70tvhs View Post
It's another option. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...&highlight=1le
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:24 PM   #6
Fitz14

Drives: 1LE hopefully in a few months
Gearheadss, thanks a lot! Answers everything I was wondering. I plan on getting that then. I won't touch the matte hood for a while and who knows, in person I may love it. On the Internet and in person cars seem have different impressions. Thanks again
Fitz14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:30 PM   #7
GearheadSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by red70tvhs View Post
Nope, it's an option, even on 1LE. ZL1 is the only Camaro that gets NPP standard.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:36 PM   #8
GearheadSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz14 View Post
Gearheadss, thanks a lot! Answers everything I was wondering. I plan on getting that then. I won't touch the matte hood for a while and who knows, in person I may love it. On the Internet and in person cars seem have different impressions. Thanks again
You're welcome. You're right about cars in person having different impressions. In 2002, I ordered a Collector's Edition Trans Am. The yellow color was really pale and didn't look as bright as it did in the pictures. I ended not buying that car and instead ordered a Sunset Orange Metallic WS6.