Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 03-19-2013, 04:55 PM   #15
Risky guy

Drives: 2012 mitsubishi evolution mr
^this.
Bahaha
Risky guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:57 PM   #16
jiggs420

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS (sold)
Back in highschool my friends brother had a built turbo civic that ran 10's. Full interior, can't remember if he was running slicks but I'm assuming he was. A civic done right will fly, just not my first choice of cars.

Last edited by jiggs420; 03-19-2013 at 04:58 PM. Reason: spelling
jiggs420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:38 PM   #17
08-G35s/6MT

Drives: racecars
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt View Post
No doubt a built civic will fly. But your talking gutted, motor swapped, big turbo and or nitrous cars.
Look up Yonkers Racing, he just has bolt ons and tune. Runs with BMW M5's and 335i's and full bolt on tuned 350Z's. It's an RSX Type S, which is same thing as Civic Si but has no lsd.
08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:06 AM   #18
Risky guy

Drives: 2012 mitsubishi evolution mr
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt View Post
No doubt a built civic will fly. But your talking gutted, motor swapped, big turbo and or nitrous cars.
No, I've seen civics with full interiors pulling 10s with a built motor & turbo swap.

For the record, why does it matter if its a big turbo, you have a big block v8.

Also the majority of imports do not run nitrous, only some of the drift cars.

Otherwise it's turbos & built motors, just remember its also hp to wt ratio.

If he's built, (alot are I've seen first hand) just don't be ****y.

Your giving up almost a half a ton, if he's boosted forget it.

Op, personally hope you whip him but, dont be closed minded.

You can't always judge a book by its cover, sometimes it's the little guys you have to watch out.
Risky guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:35 PM   #19
Deki

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
A newer Si with bolt ons is good for high 13s. Stock, when well driven, they are 14 second cars.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:08 PM   #20
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risky guy View Post
No, I've seen civics with full interiors pulling 10s with a built motor & turbo swap.

For the record, why does it matter if its a big turbo, you have a big block v8.

Also the majority of imports do not run nitrous, only some of the drift cars.

Otherwise it's turbos & built motors, just remember its also hp to wt ratio.

If he's built, (alot are I've seen first hand) just don't be ****y.

Your giving up almost a half a ton, if he's boosted forget it.

Op, personally hope you whip him but, dont be closed minded.

You can't always judge a book by its cover, sometimes it's the little guys you have to watch out.
Who has a big block? My SS came with a small block. Is this a member who doesn't know anything about the car and should probably educate themselves before sticking foot in mouth?

I am usually one of the few members on this forum who gives imports a solid view (hell, I almost picked up an IS-F over the camaro) and defends them from the 'murican bias, but most of your comments...are very off base.

As for the V6 camaro vs. a SI...several factors here. What year are we talking? Are we talking original VTEC or that sad version of VTEC called i-VTEC? Also, the civic just went up .2 liters and got a little bit of improvement on the low end in the last 2 model years. Need more information before judgement can be made.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:56 PM   #21
Decepticon21

Drives: 2010 Camaro v6
It has I-Vtech an is a 2.0 I believe?
Decepticon21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:18 AM   #22
Vizy

Drives: 07 civic
Hey guys, first post on this forum, my best friend has a v6 camaro (11) and I have a 07 si, I thought I'd be able to possibly add some insight...I got my butt handed to me lol. Granted I wasn't used to my car, it was on a street (which was stupid I know), we went from a dig and I didn't launch (he has an automatic), but I think by time we got to 80 he was probably 2.5 cars ahead of me. I expected to lose in all honesty since the p/w ratio for the 5th gen is 15.2 and for the civic is 16.1 that's just hp, not even torque (which is like a 100 ft'lb more) The only place the civic shines (stock) against the camaro (stock) would be the twistys. Not necessarily because it's is a better handling machine but because you can really feel the difference in weight and the throw-ability of the si. Even the skidpads are similair (.86 for the camaro i believe, and .9 for the si).

I just threw some minor bolt-ons (i/h/e) and want to see where I stack up now (i want to try from a roll now lol)
Vizy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:17 AM   #23
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizy View Post
Hey guys, first post on this forum, my best friend has a v6 camaro (11) and I have a 07 si, I thought I'd be able to possibly add some insight...I got my butt handed to me lol. Granted I wasn't used to my car, it was on a street (which was stupid I know), we went from a dig and I didn't launch (he has an automatic), but I think by time we got to 80 he was probably 2.5 cars ahead of me. I expected to lose in all honesty since the p/w ratio for the 5th gen is 15.2 and for the civic is 16.1 that's just hp, not even torque (which is like a 100 ft'lb more) The only place the civic shines (stock) against the camaro (stock) would be the twistys. Not necessarily because it's is a better handling machine but because you can really feel the difference in weight and the throw-ability of the si. Even the skidpads are similair (.86 for the camaro i believe, and .9 for the si).

I just threw some minor bolt-ons (i/h/e) and want to see where I stack up now (i want to try from a roll now lol)
Welcome!

Let us know how it goes.
Old 08-09-2016, 11:58 PM   #24
Vizy

Drives: 07 civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Welcome!

Let us know how it goes.
I'm back haha. I actually sold the Si already but with the bolt-ons I edged out the v6 camaro. The bolt-ons were a CT-E intake, Vibrant race header, and a q300 exhaust. I did have a tune (flashpro). Whether it was a roll or from a dig I consistently would edge him out.

You really shouldn't compare a modded car to a stock one but there you go.

Also, in hindsight I would have just picked up a wrx over both of these cars but yea, you guys have some beautiful cars!
Vizy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 12:34 PM   #25
BeastMode

Drives: 2011 SGM 1SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
A newer Si with bolt ons is good for high 13s. Stock, when well driven, they are 14 second cars.
This.

I had a 2012 Civic Si before my current Camaro and spent some time on the forums. 2012 and up has around 40 ft-lb mlne than the prior gens and you feel it. Stock people would run low 15s to high 14s. A few people with full bolt ons and tires were 13.5 and under, pretty good for a NA 4 banger.