Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 12-23-2010, 04:21 PM   #57
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth411 View Post
Twisted Metal has been confirmed to come out in 2011 according to David Jaffe (God of War and Twisted metal creator) he has been working on it since late 2007, the final relase date has not been anounce yet but rumor is around October 2011. Also Sony owns the Twisted metal I.P. Like Gran turismo, so it will always be a playstation exclusive.
I hope its good. Twisted metal 2 was one of my favorite games of all time. Twisted metal black was pretty good also. They could really make it something on ps3 if they take their time with it etc.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:22 PM   #58
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entaille View Post
I have an awd r33 skyline engine swapped datsun 510 on forza 3 that nearly traps 170 in the quarter mile. car is absolutely nuts.

the drag racing is kind of poorly created. if you are doing test and tune, it loads and the clocks already ticking. there's no prep, there's no launch, you have to be on the gas before it's done loading. pretty boring. cool feature, just not done well.
The drag racing sucks. All I do is spin my tires off the launch. Hopefully thats fixed for Forza 4. They need to do something similar to NFS Prostreets drag racing.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 05:31 PM   #59
knowitman
Camaro fan since birth

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post
The drag racing sucks. All I do is spin my tires off the launch. Hopefully thats fixed for Forza 4. They need to do something similar to NFS Prostreets drag racing.
Don't give it a full throttle launch from redline.
knowitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:23 AM   #60
carsismeZ06
Corvette and Camaro lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro...some day...
How does the throttle work on Kinect...
Old 12-27-2010, 11:36 AM   #61
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsismeZ06 View Post
How does the throttle work on Kinect...
They did an example at E3 6 months back, there is no throttle, the game will Auto gas and Auto Brake for you. Which means all you do is steer, your basicly almost on rails with no force feedback and poor A.I. cars to accomodate slow imput steering. I think thats lame, a racing game is a game you need a controller or a wheel, when people race at Lemans or Nascar they don't have imaginary steering wheels. But to each there own.
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:41 PM   #62
n!ght r!der
That Guy

Drives: really good
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigted83 View Post
How do u get to the drag racing in forza 3 ?
go to the event list in career mode they're over on the right side somewhere or go to the benchmark track in free play.
n!ght r!der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:49 AM   #63
Sax1031

Drives: 2000 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Ignorance? So you are saying that I just dreamt it up or what? Did I say it wasnt an arcade unit? Did I ever make such a claim? Give me a break dude....

It wasnt called an arcade model at that time anyway...it was called a CORE model...dont be so ignorant.

Yes non-auto feed is a negative. Failures? LOL...dont even talk about that. 360 had an over 30% failure rate at its peak (absolute trash). EVERY person I knew with an earlier model got a red ring eventually.

Dont be so IGNORANT...and read my posts before you post IGNORANCE
I have had both a 360 and a PS3 fail on me.

RROD and YLOD

only difference was that Microsoft actually fixed my console. Sony wanted $180 dollars to fix it, and then they still fail after the fix.
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:50 AM   #64
Sax1031

Quote:
when people race at Lemans or Nascar they don't have imaginary steering wheels. But to each there own.
did you seriously just make this statement.

they don't have game discs either when they race
Old 01-04-2011, 08:25 PM   #65
truth411

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sax1031 View Post
did you seriously just make this statement.

they don't have game discs either when they race
Umm your making no sense Forza is suppose to be racing simulation game, useing an imagination steering wheel with obviously no force feedback and not controling throtle or braking makes no sense . Though from what I am playing of Forza and looking at how they are moving foward it apears Forza is more of a Arcade/Sim hybrid game now.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:53 PM   #66
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Umm your making no sense Forza is suppose to be racing simulation game, useing an imagination steering wheel with obviously no force feedback and not controling throtle or braking makes no sense . Though from what I am playing of Forza and looking at how they are moving foward it apears Forza is more of a Arcade/Sim hybrid game now.
They do not use controllers either when they race

You do not have to use kinect for this game to work. You can still use a controller... they just added kinect as an option since it is the new thing from xbox.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:32 AM   #67
Sax1031

Quote:
I think the point went over your head.

like mentioned using kinect is just an option.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:23 AM   #68
truth411

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post
They do not use controllers either when they race

You do not have to use kinect for this game to work. You can still use a controller... they just added kinect as an option since it is the new thing from xbox.
Acualy kinect is not an option for forza 4 but a mode, since your not able to control the car with the exception of veeeeeerrrrryyyyy slow steering response. Campain is off limits but there is kind of like a dealership mode that you look at the cars with kinect to. BTW I think you misunderstand me, I wasn't talking about a hand controller but a wheel with gas and break pedals, last time I check they still use those in raceing. But even if you use a hand controller you still have the ability to control steering, acceleration, braking and fast response time. Thats not possible with kinect, heck thats not what its designed for either. They already showed how they are going to use it.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:39 PM   #69
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
That looks so friggin' cool!!!!

I might go out and buy Kinect just for this game!!!
Old 01-08-2011, 11:51 AM   #70
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Mustang vs. Camaro like XBox 360 vs. PS3.

I have both game systems. Now I need both cars.