Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 11-17-2011, 08:44 PM   #1
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Replacement Sway Bars

Ok, calling out to all vendors here..

I currently have the Eibach sway bars on my car. These things squeak like a b**** and I can't take it anymore. The only thing that makes it better is lubing their bushings, and that only works for about a week.

I need something else. What are some reasonably priced, QUIET, alternatives? Of course there are Pfadt, Pedders, Hotchkis...but I don't have a lot to spend so where are the best prices?

Thanks,
Matt
Old 11-17-2011, 08:49 PM   #2
Camaro427

Drives: 2010 SS2 Camaro
The challenge with dealing with all the sway bars out there is the ability to actually compare data. Size is not necessarily an indication of strength. Solid bars are much stronger than hollow bars, but weigh more. You will have a challenge getting this data.
Camaro427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:03 AM   #3
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro427 View Post
The challenge with dealing with all the sway bars out there is the ability to actually compare data. Size is not necessarily an indication of strength. Solid bars are much stronger than hollow bars, but weigh more. You will have a challenge getting this data.
How does this relate to the OP's question?

You'll get a million suggestions and mine is just one of them. I have the Pfadt sways and haven't heard them squeak once since the install a year or so ago. I haven't had to regrease them or anything. I may just be one of the lucky ones but that's my experience.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:09 AM   #4
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
We could definitely help get you set of sway bars without breaking your budget, shoot me an e-mail or give me a call at the shop and I am sure we can get you a set within your budget.
Attached Images

BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:12 AM   #5
emsguy

Drives: 2012 2ss convertible
are you using the stock sway bar end links? maybe that's the source of the noise. I have Pfadt sway bars and their end links. absolutley no noise. before you scrap the sway bars, you might try aftermarket sway bar end links. just a thought. good luck.
emsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:37 PM   #6
fldrummer
"Black Ace"

Drives: Supercharged 2010 SS, 2016 Golf R
I got a good deal on my LSR sway bars. I still have stock end links on them and don't have any noise/squeak issues.
Mods: Forged 416 LS3, Maggie TVS 2300 SC (~11 psi), custom cam (232/247, .630/.630, 118 LSA), 90-lb. injectors, ZL1 fuel pump & ADM controller, Alky Control meth kit, Monster LT1-SC twin-disk clutch, ZL1 drivetrain conversion w/ DSS 1000-HP axles & 1-pc. driveshaft, CAI Inc. intake w/ ADM scoop, XS Power full exhaust (1 7/8" LT headers with 3" off-road pipes), VMAX CNC-ported TB, LSR adjustable sway bars, LPE rear end-links, BMR 1" drop, BMR polyurethane bushings; UMI trailing arms & toe rods. Built & tuned by Kraftworks. 755 rwhp/708 rwtq
fldrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:41 PM   #7
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
If you're looking at replacing your sway bars ours have an excellent track record for quiet operation. All of our sway bar bushings are graphite impregnated polyurethane which coupled with the supplied high quality marine grade grease have proven themselves to be extremely quiet. The road conditions in Michigan may require more periodic maintenance than in other areas of the country due to salt and snow, but our customers here in Salt Lake City are extremely happy with the quiet performance of their sway bar systems.

As far as rates go, we do not publish or attempt to speculate our rates versus the rates of another manufacturer. What we do publish are direct comparisons of our sway bar stiffnesses to the OEM bars. FE3 being the V6 and FE4 being the 2010/2011 V8. You can see our rates here:

FRONT:

REAR:

What you see there are relative stiffness for all of our sway bar products, including each position on the adjustable bars. You'll notice that we dial in quite a bit more rear roll stiffness in the rear in comparison to the front, because the Camaro by design from the factory is pretty Front bar heavy... that's a major contributing factor to the understeer present in the stock suspension. We don't have this information to compare to Eibach, but if you remember how the car felt stock that's a great baseline.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:25 PM   #8
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Matt

I had Hotchkis on my 2LT a year and no squeeks. Never had to lube them either. Cornered flat as heck to.
VR Baron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:32 PM   #9
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
I have Eibach Springs/Sways for a couple of years and never had an issue with squeeking, brakes yes, sway bars no....
Old 11-18-2011, 07:47 PM   #10
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
New anti-sway bars because your bushings might be noisy? Seriously? I'd get someone elses 29mm bushings first at least. Just got the eibachs a few days ago, no squeaks, but if there were there are also lots of solutions that can be tried, waxes, lubes, roughen surface, etc. These vendors are lining up like wolves...
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:28 PM   #11
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Ok, calling out to all vendors here..

I currently have the Eibach sway bars on my car. These things squeak like a b**** and I can't take it anymore. The only thing that makes it better is lubing their bushings, and that only works for about a week.

I need something else. What are some reasonably priced, QUIET, alternatives? Of course there are Pfadt, Pedders, Hotchkis...but I don't have a lot to spend so where are the best prices?

Thanks,
Matt
Hi Matt,

When you re-lube your bushings what grease are you using? It is important to use specific grease as standard moly grease isn't going to stay in place for a very long time. We offer 14 oz. tubes of grease but I also have some small 3 oz. tubes here. PM me your address and I'll send some out to you to try. I'm positive with the bushings greased properly you shouldn't have any issues.

If you feel like spending money give me a call or shoot me a PM. We have excellent prices on BMR, Hotchkis and Pfadt products as well. Good luck and please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions.

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley

Last edited by JDP Motorsports; 11-18-2011 at 09:34 PM.
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:35 PM   #12
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro427 View Post

Some people only read the title.

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:16 AM   #13
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson View Post
New anti-sway bars because your bushings might be noisy? Seriously? I'd get someone elses 29mm bushings first at least. Just got the eibachs a few days ago, no squeaks, but if there were there are also lots of solutions that can be tried, waxes, lubes, roughen surface, etc. These vendors are lining up like wolves...
I didn't know that other bushings would be compatible. I'm pretty novice at this stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Motorsports View Post
Hi Matt,

When you re-lube your bushings what grease are you using? It is important to use specific grease as standard moly grease isn't going to stay in place for a very long time. We offer 14 oz. tubes of grease but I also have some small 3 oz. tubes here. PM me your address and I'll send some out to you to try. I'm positive with the bushings greased properly you shouldn't have any issues.

If you feel like spending money give me a call or shoot me a PM. We have excellent prices on BMR, Hotchkis and Pfadt products as well. Good luck and please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions.

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
Unfortunately, my apartment complex doesn't let me work on my car, so I have been just asking the dealership to grease them when they are doing my oil change. I really don't know what grease they use.

Are there any which DON'T require greasing? It's just one less step to worry about.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:59 AM   #14
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
By it's nature polyurethane will squeak when not properly lubricated. There are construction measures you can take to minimize the squeak when not properly lubricated, like our graphite impregnation, but ultimately it's a material that needs proper attention paid to it.

If you're looking to keep the bars you have on the car we would suggest trying to track down the same lube that we package with all of our kits. It's super tacky and resists break down due to water and road grime. You might be able to find it locally from an Energy Suspension dealer, it's the Energy Suspension Formula #5. It will require you to remove the bar from the car for proper application though. If you can get your hands on the proper grease the next time you head to the dealership tell the tech to use the grease you bought him instead of the grease they may be using.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote