Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 12:44 PM   #113
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Random pic @Trader Joe's in KC. The SS has a KC Trends Logo on the C-pillar. Car club? Anybody familiar with it.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:18 PM   #114
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
You got it boss. However I'm concerned that this 4" pipe isn't long enough.. It's a good 2-3 inches shorter than my current one and I already have to have a second person push the elbow while I tighten it.

Will send a longer one....you got one of the prototypes.
Old 07-14-2012, 03:33 PM   #115
SIXJAK

Just got walked by a preppie in a CLS 550. Those things move along pretty well. SC can't come fast enough. Screw overpriced German crap. Would have been fun to be in the SC'd SS for that little game.

Edit: just looked up the specs. 382 HP doesn't stack up. His car would have walked an SS. He raped me pretty good.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.

Last edited by SIXJAK; 07-14-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Old 07-14-2012, 03:41 PM   #116
Atlas
Would you kindly...

Drives: Destitute
Can't wait to see you start your FI build Sixjak! Congrats! I'll be watching this thread for sure. Damn, I can't seem to stay out of the FI forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
or worse... mod the wife's v6!

This is one of the reasons I love being a V6 enthusiast... some of the post are pretty funny...

http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78437
You are my Hero
Old 07-14-2012, 04:18 PM   #117
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
Can't wait to see you start your FI build Sixjak! Congrats! I'll be watching this thread for sure. Damn, I can't seem to stay out of the FI forums

You are my Hero
Thanks. Fun begins tomorrow morning.
Old 07-14-2012, 04:27 PM   #118
SC2150
Account Suspended

Wish there was a cooler T-stat for the LLT/LFX. It is installed on the rear of the center of the engine block and only accesable from underneath toward the pass side....hours of work to remove and get back on properly....horrible design!

Old 07-14-2012, 04:52 PM   #119
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
six jack you are going to have some trouble sleeping tonight.
Cant wait to see you SC build complete. Your car is going to be a beast and i am going to be over the whine that SC makes
Old 07-14-2012, 05:18 PM   #120
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
Wish there was a cooler T-stat for the LLT/LFX. It is installed on the rear of the center of the engine block and only accesable from underneath toward the pass side....hours of work to remove and get back on properly....horrible design!

Good to know. I know that was one of Jon's ?'s
Old 07-15-2012, 01:31 AM   #121
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
six jack you are going to have some trouble sleeping tonight.
Cant wait to see you SC build complete. Your car is going to be a beast and i am going to be over the whine that SC makes
Thanks. Took one last pic of her as a fully operational NA car.
She's at the shop now cooling down getting ready for the RX kit.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:17 AM   #122
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Are we done yet? How about now? And now? Now?
Old 07-15-2012, 12:35 PM   #123
SIXJAK

Installer's going full bore. Gonna be taking his plasma cutter to that crash bar to free up some airflow. Working on getting the fans all squared away right now.

Look at that poor nose clip sitting over in the corner with nothing to do.

Old 07-15-2012, 12:47 PM   #124
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
Are we done yet? How about now? And now? Now?
I know right? A ported TB only takes like 20 mins to install....how hard can this be right? All mods should only take a half an hour or less.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:50 PM   #125
SC2150
Account Suspended

Man, he is going to town!!! Any questions, have him call me.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:34 PM   #126
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
Man, he is going to town!!! Any questions, have him call me.
Hopefully he'll call you today. I left him as he was running to ACE for a few bolts to mount IC. He's doing a few different things to mount it particularly at the top. As i mentioned, he's cutting a breathe-through slot in the crash bar to free up airflow. I'm curious to see how that fabrication turns out because his work is generally very clean and factory looking.

Closed Thread

Tags
lol