Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2014 Camaro5 Fest (V)

Old 05-04-2014, 06:10 PM   #15
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Correction from Casey via FB.....

No one screwed up when I registered the car it was going to have a lot more mods done. But did not get here in time and that is what moved me up. They did a great job and asked me if I was on with it and I agreed. I think it was done right and fair. Thanks to everyone on the congrats and for all the volunteers that help put on a great event.

Great Job by a great competitor!!!!!

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:09 PM   #16
SNSSTR
All About That Speed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Glad to hear it was ok with him! I am curious about my placement though.

If I look at those sheets, I actually qualified saturday for the C4 finals (didn't attend the finals) and also would have made it into the C3 finals with that time from saturday as well....Being my first time auto x'ing I didn't know how everything worked, so I was just having a good time and enjoying the day!

Congrats to all the winners!

2010 SS M6 | 416 CI | H/C/I | GPI TUNED | SNSSTR
SNSSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:35 PM   #17
woodside783
Casey Woodside

Drives: a very fun car
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Why in the heck did you guys make Casey run in a higher class than his modifications indicated? Clearly he should have been in the same class he ran in last year. Here is a quote from his girlfriend.

Ok here's what went down in this C5 Fest Camaro-cross... there are 5 classes....c1 is stock v6, c2 is stock v8, c3 is v8 modified (youve put some after market s...tuff on) c4 is super modified like you put a super charger on and basically nothing is left stock and c5 is for shop cars like built for racing only..... Casey's is c3, its what he was last year and what he won first place for last year and nothing has been added....he has some aftermarket stuff but no super charger. ... well they decided to put him in c4 against all the super modified Camaros....well he won 3rd place in that class.. AND he was only .400/sec (400th of a second) behind the first place car in the c4 class so he did amazing but they shafted him a first place win by putting him in the wrong class.

I was not there but it sure sounds unfair. Yeah, he is good but isn't that the point of competition? Classifications are supposed to be based on modifications so what gives here? Regardless, you did great Casey & we are very proud of you.
Every thing got worked out and Pete asked me if they messed up and I told them no everything is ok. The staff of the camaro cross did a great job, and put on a great event year after year. Thanks to everyone that support me thanks.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:17 PM   #18
X-Factor
Chick Racer

Drives: 2017 50th 2SS
I had an absolute blast! Thanks again to everyone who put the CamaroCross event together, it was a super great time! And thanks to Jordan with JDP as well for the awesome caoching and for taking my ride for a spin, showing me my car could make it into the 25's!

Sent from my New and Improved Phablet!
Old 05-04-2014, 08:30 PM   #19
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodside783 View Post
Every thing got worked out and Pete asked me if they messed up and I told them no everything is ok. The staff of the camaro cross did a great job, and put on a great event year after year. Thanks to everyone that support me thanks.
Casey,

You are a class act with a fantastic well driven Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
I had an absolute blast! Thanks again to everyone who put the CamaroCross event together, it was a super great time! And thanks to Jordan with JDP as well for the awesome coaching and for taking my ride for a spin, showing me my car could make it into the 25's!

Sent from my New and Improved Phablet!
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:32 PM   #20
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
...I had an absolute blast! So much so that I didn't even bother with the car show OR drag racing. It was really fun to watch and ride with Jordan @ JDP. What an amazing car & driver!
Old 05-04-2014, 09:51 PM   #21
yellow69z28rs

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Convertible Black
Send a message via AIM to yellow69z28rs
had a freakin blast!!!!
Thanks to all who made it happen, you did an amazing job!

Rag Top Rob
yellow69z28rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:47 PM   #22
solo40oz

Drives: My wife crazy
I had a blast driving in the CamaroCross. I also had a blast riding with Joe in the Stingray and with Jordan in the JDP Camaro BEAST! I want to thank all of the organizers and general CamaroCross team one more time - y'all did a hell of a job.

I was only able to match up a few people to screen names....I was in the IOM SS in C2, #129, Aaron
solo40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:54 PM   #23
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
If I learned anything over this weekend it was how important driver skill is over anything else. Very impressive times being laid down by V6s out there. I was thrilled just to be able to compete and progressively improved my times with help from Brad and Jordan. This was my first time Camarocrossing and my first time driving at all in competitive mode. I didn't trophy but I cracked into the 25s and survived the weekend with some wild and wooly runs without clipping a cone. I thought the whole event was set up as well as could be expected and all was done safely and to my knowledge no cars were damaged. I had a blast and couldn't imagine attending a fest without participating in this event. Great job done by all.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:59 PM   #24
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow69z28rs View Post
had a freakin blast!!!!
Thanks to all who made it happen, you did an amazing job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo40oz View Post
I had a blast driving in the CamaroCross. I also had a blast riding with Joe in the Stingray and with Jordan in the JDP Camaro BEAST! I want to thank all of the organizers and general CamaroCross team one more time - y'all did a hell of a job.

I was only able to match up a few people to screen names....I was in the IOM SS in C2, #129, Aaron
I was the guy in the rental Malibu

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
If I learned anything over this weekend it was how important driver skill is over anything else. Very impressive times being laid down by V6s out there. I was thrilled just to be able to compete and progressively improved my times with help from Brad and Jordan. This was my first time Camarocrossing and my first time driving at all in competitive mode. I didn't trophy but I cracked into the 25s and survived the weekend with some wild and wooly runs without clipping a cone. I thought the whole event was set up as well as could be expected and all was done safely and to my knowledge no cars were damaged. I had a blast and couldn't imagine attending a fest without participating in this event. Great job done by all.

After five years in Shno's house we get five minutes at the CamaroCross. I was so tired when we met I was as much fun as a flat tire. It was GREAT to meet you!
Old 05-04-2014, 11:10 PM   #25
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post

I was the guy in the rental Malibu

After five years in Shno's house we get five minutes at the CamaroCross. I was so tired when we met I was as much fun as a flat tire. It was GREAT to meet you!
Same here. It was a fun but hectic weekend so it's all good. I might not have ended up with the car I have without all the knowledge and hospitality you and others shared in the house so I'm grateful. Also glad to be home safe after a long drive home.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:15 AM   #26
nrr8865

Drives: '10 RJT-2LT/RS & '10 Buick LaCrosse
I'd just like to give Jordan at standing ovation. Not for his driving (he is a great driver) but for taking the time to spend all day at the CAMAROCROSS event. He took the time to talk to everyone that came up to him or wanted him to ride or drive.
I don't think Jordan ever stopped smiling.
nrr8865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:02 AM   #27
IOM NEMESIS

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Congrats to Chris Lee for taking 1st in C3! We are very happy that we were able to work together to build a full RideTech/BMR package to help bring home the trophy.

Thank you Chase. Can't say thanks enough on how great you guys are from the purchase to the customer service and helping walk me thru it all. Hopefully we can keep those wins coming.
IOM NEMESIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:25 AM   #28
Dark Helmet

Drives: 2013 Black Camaro 1le
DARK HELMET RULES

I would like to thank the Silvins for inviting me out to the Camaro Fest 5 CAMAROCROSS Next yes there is always controversy but it usually evens out in the end 3rd I had a blast meeting everyone, helping everyone get better with their lines and speed through the course. Yes I drive a "bone stock" 1le but they put me in C4 too. (even though there is nothing done to my car) However, I was less than a tenth out of first on Sat and during my 2nd fun run I dipped a 23.3...The biggest thing about the fest is NOT the competition but the camaraderie and the new people and connections we make and build. The competition is fun (don't get me wrong) and Me Mark and Jordan were pushing each other to the limits. But the meet is the most important. I'm trying to post the vids of my runs but having some problems (if anyone can help would be appreciated)... I would also like to thank the rest of the Camaro Cross Staff Ray Jerimiah, Pete, and the ladies working timing and scoring and of course Safety Joe and All the rest (I'm never good with names but ya'll know who you are). Without ya'll the Cross would not have happened. I'm just glad I had the opportunity to meet ya'll and everyone else... If I rode with you or gave you pointers, keep practicing, practice will make you better.. I was only a half second behind Jordan's best time and less than a tenth behind Mark....They're going to have to get better cause I'll have a race alignment done for the next one Brad Walker aka Dark Helmet
Dark Helmet is offline   Reply With Quote