Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-26-2016, 02:25 PM   #1
Mphouston

Drives: 2014 LS
Drunk driver got me good

So, I was on my way home a few months ago and while I was stopped at a light, a drunk driver rear ended me. This wasn't a tap, I was stopped at a light and the PD estimates the driver was doing 45mph and there where no skid marks. My saving grace... My car was a standard and thankfully I was out of gear at time of impact..... Just so happens that my passengers brother is an attorney and he ran with it. I should be settled by the end of next month and I'm gonna pay cash for this one. I will definitely buy another camaro. I am so impressed with the way the car held up. Thanks chevrolet, my back is hurtin but, it could have been worse.
Attached Images

Mphouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 02:34 PM   #2
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Ouch! Do you have tort limits in Texas? I pay extra for full tort hear because I got burnt one time with a limited tort policy.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 02:39 PM   #3
Irace16

Drives: 2010 1SS RS M6
If that ever happened to me.... I'd probably be in jail with the a hole who drove drunk, after the hospital
Old 01-26-2016, 02:54 PM   #4
Backspin9

Drives: The red one
Hope their insurance covers everything and lucky nobody was hurt.

Back in the early 90's my wife had a Cavalier wagon and was rear-ended at 40 mph by a bunch of illegals. The car was totaled and was hit so hard it blew out the side windows. Of course, they had no insurance and ours would not cover the replacement cost of a new vehicle. I did manage to get the deductible and some other costs out of them, but that was about it. It was a miracle that nobody got hurt in that one.
Backspin9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 04:11 PM   #5
sdynak

Drives: 2010 1SS
Where is he/her!

Really.. sorry man.. such a shame.. Hope it all works out.
2010 1SS LS3, Black, 235/250, .621/.615, 114 + 4, Kooks Stepped Headers, 3.91's, Bo White PTB, Flowmaster Mufflers, Cold Air Industries CAI, Apex Scoop & Windshield Washer Relocate, SLP Wheels, Skip Shift Eliminate, Barton Flat Stick, OEM HID/Halos, Dyno Tuned by ECS
sdynak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 04:15 PM   #6
Shinebrightx

Drives: 2010 Camaro Z/LT RS
Sorry to hear!
Shinebrightx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 04:20 PM   #7
Mphouston

I have full coverage through USAA. One of the perks of being in the Corps... It was a she and the woman who hit me, didn't even realize it. Needless to say, I went to the hospital and she went to jail. Things have a way of working out and there's a light at the end of the tunnel. I don't know what torts are, but, I'm covered and her ins co even sent a letter claiming liability.
Old 01-26-2016, 04:52 PM   #8
nosmr2

Drives: 2011 L99 SS
Where in Houston was the accident?

nosmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 04:59 PM   #9
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mphouston View Post
I have full coverage through USAA. One of the perks of being in the Corps... It was a she and the woman who hit me, didn't even realize it. Needless to say, I went to the hospital and she went to jail. Things have a way of working out and there's a light at the end of the tunnel. I don't know what torts are, but, I'm covered and her ins co even sent a letter claiming liability.
In Pa, we have what is called limited tort and full tort. If you have limited tort, it greatly reduces what you can sue someone for after a car accident. Full tort retains all of your rights to sue. It was a cost reducing measure that was put in place years ago to try and lower insurance premiums by limiting what one can sue for. It cost more to have full tort. I was just curious because you said about your back hurting after the crash.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 05:11 PM   #10
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
That's a shame for everyone involved. Hope it works out for ya.
Old 01-26-2016, 08:01 PM   #11
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Damn, glad everyone is ok.

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 08:03 PM   #12
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
If you have back pains, it might be good to call a personal injury attorney. I heard that if you try and go at it with the insurance company, you will get screwed. Most PI attorneys take 30% of the suit.
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 08:06 PM   #13
Mphouston

It happened in Sugarland. I was on the 59 feeder stopped at the rt 6 light. I was lucky there weren't cars coming through the intersection.
Old 01-26-2016, 11:11 PM   #14
My 5th

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black on Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspin9 View Post
Hope their insurance covers everything and lucky nobody was hurt.

Back in the early 90's my wife had a Cavalier wagon and was rear-ended at 40 mph by a bunch of illegals. The car was totaled and was hit so hard it blew out the side windows. Of course, they had no insurance and ours would not cover the replacement cost of a new vehicle. I did manage to get the deductible and some other costs out of them, but that was about it. It was a miracle that nobody got hurt in that one.
Yeah, but look how much they add to the economy.