Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-26-2016, 06:20 PM   #85
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGeoffGuy View Post
What is a good sub to run with the PDX-V9 in the stock location? Do most people just run a single voice coil 2 Ohm?

Thank you.

-Geoff
Any sub that's rated at 500W RMS will suffice. A single, Dual voice coils is what I'm running.

Last edited by CreeperRS; 08-26-2016 at 06:38 PM.
CreeperRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 07:59 AM   #86
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
So how do you run a mono amp into dual voice coils? Do you run it in parallel? Two full sets of wires from the amp to the sub?

Thank you for the info.

-Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 06:43 PM   #87
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
In parallel, for a 2 Ohm application, and can be adjusted at the sub with jumper cables. For a single or dual subs set up ONLY! Any more and you need to run them in series, and with a higher Ohm rating. You only need one set of single pair cable (+ and -), between the amp and sub, per channel.

Clear as mud? LOL. Makes sense?

Last edited by CreeperRS; 08-28-2016 at 02:41 AM.
CreeperRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 01:29 PM   #88
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeperRS View Post
In parallel, for a 2 Ohm application, and can be adjusted at the sub with jumper cables. For a single or dual subs set up ONLY! Any more and you need to run them in series, and with a higher Ohm rating. You only need one set of single pair cable (+ and -), between the amp and sub, per channel.

Clear as mud? LOL. Makes sense?
Yes that makes sense. Thank you.

So what specific subs have people been successful running in the verts? Any good suggestions? Should I look for something with a "free air" designation?

Thank you.

-Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 11:29 AM   #89
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentnshell View Post
But 1% THD at rated power is a little more than I am interested in... My JL 900/5 sounds great (does not fit in the stock location ) It may with more work than I was willing to do.
Where is this theoretical data from? No Alpine amp has produced 1% THD at rated power in the history of the company. Actual THD+N has historically been 0.01-0.02% at rated power and 0.05% at rated power +50%. THD+N on Frequency drops to almost immeasurable levels <0.001% while retaining S/N in ranges other manufactures can only dream of, including JL (98-120+dB). Combined with unheard of dampening levels, manufactures have been attempting to catch Alpine for decades in non-sub applications.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 11:49 AM   #90
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
Where is this theoretical data from? No Alpine amp has produced 1% THD at rated power in the history of the company. Actual THD+N has historically been 0.01-0.02% at rated power and 0.05% at rated power +50%. THD+N on Frequency drops to almost immeasurable levels <0.001% while retaining S/N in ranges other manufactures can only dream of, including JL (98-120+dB). Combined with unheard of dampening levels, manufactures have been attempting to catch Alpine for decades in non-sub applications.
+1 and my Alpine PDR-V75 does fit in the stock location.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 11:39 PM   #91
dentnshell

Drives: Black 2014 2SS
Quote:
Crutch field. Very well could be or is a typo. http://www.crutchfield.com/S-rNt0F1M...ne-PDX-V9.html
Mods: LSA Conversion 2.5" Upper Pulley, 65# injectors, GPI SS1 Cam, SP Long Tubes, ADM Race Scoop & CAI, NPP exhaust (DIY control), BMR 1" lowering springs, ZL1 Rear Differential / Axles, CF Side Strip / Hood Spear, Tint - Windows / Tails / Sidemarkers, Splash Guards, ADM Boost Gauge, ABL Dashkit, '68 Script Badges, ACS T4 Splitter, ZL1 Rockers from Gary's, Z28 Spoiler, Carbon Fiber Hood Vent, Summer - MRR FS01 Satin Black (10" Front 11" Rear) Winter, pictured-Drag DR 64's Satin Black (9" Front-10" Rear.)
dentnshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 10:26 AM   #92
Dega Man

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
+1
Dega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 11:13 AM   #93
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentnshell View Post
Crutch field. Very well could be or is a typo. http://www.crutchfield.com/S-rNt0F1M...ne-PDX-V9.html
Found it, thank you (it's a typo). I've contacted them and they should be updating next week.

The actual specs can be found here.
Old 09-08-2016, 02:55 PM   #94
BigPopa71

Drives: Dark Knight
Alpine amps dont run hot and all of them are underrated so they produce more power than they claim. My last 2 sound systems both came from Amazon dealers and I haven't had any issues with any of the equipment. Oddly enough this last system I purchased was my least expensive and best wounding I've had thus far. Quality components and matching up the watt ratings on the amps and speakers makes a huge difference. I also went to a ported box which hits much harder with my Memphis sub and 300 watt amp than my sealed box with my JL sub and 500 watts amp.
BigPopa71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 02:57 PM   #95
BigPopa71

Drives: Dark Knight
Quote:
Found it, thank you (it's a typo). I've contacted them and they should be updating next week.

The actual specs can be found here.
Crutchfield over prices everything. That amp can be purchsed for $480.00
BigPopa71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 03:05 PM   #96
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPopa71 View Post
Crutchfield over prices everything. That amp can be purchsed for $480.00
Target price on the PDX-V9 is actually $400, but you will not receive a factory warranty at this price level. Through careful research, purchasing from a reputable dealer who will stand behind their sales is always important. Be careful when sourcing products from such vendors.