Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 09-30-2009, 02:12 PM   #43
2SSOrgKrate

Drives: 2010 IOM LS3 2SS/RS
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolteon593 View Post
guess who's bringing some of these....?

:-)

Does my first guess count?

Racing school, complete with in/on car video of Tribone getting smoked through the corners? Oh yeah, life is good! He, he, he.....
2SSOrgKrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:20 PM   #44
tribone
Searchin' ....

Drives: Powered by Bowtie
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSOrgKrate View Post
Does my first guess count?

Racing school, complete with in/on car video of Tribone getting smoked through the corners? Oh yeah, life is good! He, he, he.....
Hahaha. That would be cool whether I got smoked or did the smoking myself. I don't think my Sport Sway Bars would back down though.

-Guillermo
My Pictures
tribone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 03:57 PM   #45
2SSOrgKrate

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribone View Post
Hahaha. That would be cool whether I got smoked or did the smoking myself. I don't think my Sport Sway Bars would back down though.
Howdy pardner. I knew that you'd be watching, so I just wanted to dog you a bit.

I bet we don't even get to be on the track at the same time. I know that I won't be driving in a way that might even remotely cause any harm to Gretchen. It's all about the clock, anyway. No points are given for "Flair" and "Panache", just ooohs and ahhhs. Oh man, this is going to be a great time!
Old 09-30-2009, 04:51 PM   #46
tribone
Searchin' ....

Drives: Powered by Bowtie
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSOrgKrate View Post
Howdy pardner. I knew that you'd be watching, so I just wanted to dog you a bit.

I bet we don't even get to be on the track at the same time. I know that I won't be driving in a way that might even remotely cause any harm to Gretchen. It's all about the clock, anyway. No points are given for "Flair" and "Panache", just ooohs and ahhhs. Oh man, this is going to be a great time!
Hahaha. I know you were. No worries. I get that a lot.

And there's no way I'm hurting Heather either so for the record: Gretchen and Heather will not be going for "Flair" and "Panache".

I can't wait. I have $300 on side jobs i did this weekend. $300 more.

-Guillermo
My Pictures
tribone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 05:36 PM   #47
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
No, everyone needs to register & pay on their own. Attached is the special registration form for us to get our 10% discount.

Fill this one out and send it in! If you've already called them, just send this in and let them know you've called - so you don't get charged twice

APPLICATION HP.10%.09.docx.pdf

2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:45 PM   #48
bolteon593

Drives: 2011 GT500
sweet thanks for the link...
bolteon593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:59 PM   #49
d69chris
Florida C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
Ok, has anybody been to one of these events and can explain it to me?

Willow Springs is by Palmdale, All Day Driving skills improvement course, $495 - I think it includes lunch.

Button Willow is by Bakerfield, All Day Driving skills improvement course, $225- includes lunch and a $15 gift shop credit.

Both require an overnighter and food. Button Willow is what, 1.5 hours further. Is Wilow Springs twice as good? I think someone posted that Willow Springs will eat your quarter pannels or was that button. Is the track at Button that much better or will it eat your car as well.

Do either limit the number of partiscipant = more track time?

I am in for one of these, just want to max out the fun.

Don't Shoot
Old 09-30-2009, 11:46 PM   #50
2SSOrgKrate

Quote:
Originally Posted by d69chris View Post
Ok, has anybody been to one of these events and can explain it to me?

Willow Springs is by Palmdale, All Day Driving skills improvement course, $495 - I think it includes lunch.

Button Willow is by Bakerfield, All Day Driving skills improvement course, $225- includes lunch and a $15 gift shop credit.

Both require an overnighter and food. Button Willow is what, 1.5 hours further. Is Wilow Springs twice as good? I think someone posted that Willow Springs will eat your quarter pannels or was that button. Is the track at Button that much better or will it eat your car as well.

Do either limit the number of partiscipant = more track time?

I am in for one of these, just want to max out the fun.

Don't Shoot
I'll get all of the details tomorrow morning. I'll also talk to my Sister's husband. He took the two day class, used his new 350Z and I didn't hear anything from him about the track surface tearing up quarter panels. All I heard was how much fun he had. More to follow.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:23 AM   #51
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Who puts on the Button Willow Course?
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Old 10-01-2009, 09:10 AM   #52
d69chris
Florida C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
This is off the website.

Taught on Buttonwillow's Challenging Race Track, Not in a Classroom

Our instructors will take you through a short ground school session focusing on safety & performance driving techniques.
In the controlled environment of the track, without the distraction of opposing traffic, practice...

Controlled stopping and cornering techniques

Skid recovery

Skid pad exercises emphasising car control and braking skills
8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Saturday, February 28
Saturday, April 11
Saturday, August 22
Saturday, December 19

Registration Fee - only $225
Includes Lunch and $15
Buttonwillow Gift Shop Credit

Gates open at 8:00 am for sign-in and safety inspection

Helmet Required

Participants welcome to bring family, friends and a picnic
Old 10-01-2009, 09:39 AM   #53
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

I know, I read that also. Not sure if it's all on the skid pad or what. It is Much cheaper! Not sure how much of that track is used either...never been to Buttonwillow...been to Willow Springs many many times though...Love the Streets course!

If anyone else can find more info let me know...as of right now, I'm already signed up and 50% paid down for the Fast Lane course @Willow Springs...
Old 10-26-2009, 09:57 AM   #54
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Ok, setup my lodging for Friday, 12/18: Devonshire Inn - (661) 256-3454,
no smoking, $74.20 - all taxes including. They have plenty of rooms with 2 Queen beds for sharing if you guys want. Mention Willow Springs for this rate - like it's such a deal :( Oh well...they are right down the street (about 10 minutes) from the track.

http://www.devonshireinn.com
Old 11-17-2009, 02:35 PM   #55
bolteon593

Drives: 2011 GT500
only a few weeks left.... whats our final list of people attending? everyone paid up and set?
bolteon593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:40 PM   #56
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

I'm not fully paid, but all set. Not sure of the final list. They are deducting the 10% off your final payment since we had 5 people at the time. My lodging is set and listed above.

I can't wait! Then, I'll probably be doing some other track days with http://www.speedventures.com/