Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-03-2011, 02:11 PM   #1
Illini

Drives: 2012 Camaro Ashen Grey 2LT Vert
Paint Availability

I've read about the impact that the earthquake in Japan had on the ONE factory that supplies the metallic paint pigment to many automobile manufacturers.
Last week my dealer called and said that the vert I ordered 3-25-11 will not be available in Cyber Gray Metallic, due to the issue in Japan.
Has anyone had a similar phone call, and have an idea when the color may be available again?
Illini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:24 PM   #2
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
I heard that colors on constraint due to the supply of materials were greater than 4 weeks.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:47 PM   #3
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illini View Post
I've read about the impact that the earthquake in Japan had on the ONE factory that supplies the metallic paint pigment to many automobile manufacturers.
Last week my dealer called and said that the vert I ordered 3-25-11 will not be available in Cyber Gray Metallic, due to the issue in Japan.
Has anyone had a similar phone call, and have an idea when the color may be available again?
Yours shoudl have slipped through though. I had placed my order on 3-24 for IBM which was subject to the same paint contraint and it made it through fine. Do you have the status codes for your order? Did they have an allocation at the time of your order placement. This might be the reason it didnt get through.
irocnroll is offline   Reply With Quote