Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-18-2012, 03:45 PM   #1
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

Drives: 16' 2SS, 12 ZL1, RIP Sasuke
Send a message via MSN to Heaven_is_inferno_orange Send a message via Yahoo to Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Arrow Sasuke's Awakening [COTW 7/21/14]

Edit June 27, 2014: This journey has been long and full of hard work, lessons learned, and above all else love. Sasuke is not the same car he was in August of 2011. This car has taught me that hard work and dedication pay off, being unique means taking risks, and that the most important thing is that it brings a smile to the faces of those all around Sasuke and myself. Build the car to your dreams. If you believe in it and put your entire heart in soul into it others will see that. Don't do anything just to keep up with those around you. When you don't know if your going in the right direction take a step back, relax, and keep thinking it through-let your heart guide you. You won't win every car show and not everyone is gonna like what you do. But winning isn't everything and the smiles from those that do love the car are far more precious and valuable anyway. Inspiring another is one of the greatest gifts you can give.
It has been a priviledge to be with Sasuke everyday these last -almost- three years. He is full of imperfections, but they are beautiful imperfections. They are a symbol of how much I love to drive this car and that the modifications done may not have been perfect but they were done with these two hands with pride. <3

About Sasuke:
Sasuke (sah-s-kay) is a 2011 Inferno Orange Metallic 1SS with RS package, OEM ground FX package (Dark Argent), Rally Stripes (CGM), polished rims, and a 6 speed manual. He was purchased from Big M Chevrolet brand new and given to me August 16, 2011. This thread is dedicated to his "Awakening"

Origin of his name: He was named after my cat. Yup my cat lol. My tom cat Sasuke is orange with stripes so they kinda looked alike lol. To be fair the cat was named after Sasuke Uchiha, a bad azz ninja from Naruto & Naruto Shippuden who is the last of his clan and has some pretty wicked Sharingan techniques. Also Sasuke is definitely a boy car. I say this because the first time I drove him I knew he had balls.

How I ended up with Sasuke:
First of all Im a huge Camaro enthusiast. Ive been in love since I was really little and the 3rd gens were still new on the roads. My first car was a teal 1991 RS and my second car was a black 1996 Z28 (was also my first manual). My father started me on my path to becoming an automotive tech (which I can now proudly say I am a certified GM automotive technician woo hoo!)and he was the one who purchased my first camaro. I spent alot of time in the garage with him, mostly getting yelled at haha, and I accompanied him to every car show, cruise, swap meet, and junk yard. I was one of those that cried the day the Camaro died and cried again the day it was revived. I fell in love with the hugger orange vert concept at the chicago auto show and since then Ive been building the same orange Camaro SS online for years trying to get my husband to get the hint. 2011 came around and it was a horrible year for me. No really... it was absolutely terrible. My husband managed to break my Z28 and his TA just before he was deployed to afghanistan. So I had 2 cars that didn't run. I ended up choosing my husbands TA over my Z28 and put everything I had into his car. Got it running and added a few mods. I was left with the roommate from hell, which i later kicked out and had to get the cops involved when he broke into my house. Dude was all about sexually harassing me ugh. While overseas my husband was accidently called in KIA to fort knox on valentines day, lucky me right? Had a lot of panic attacks that week. O.o' Oh and went to a rock concert, okay it was a festival with over 70,000 people in attendance, only to get in the very front row in the pit so that I could get crushed to the point of not being able to breath and starting to pass out. Took 4 guys to free me and get me to the medics. Ended up with lots of bruises and some post traumatic stress that made it hard to be in crowded places for awhile. Let's just say I won't be doing that ever again. And to top it off my best friend in the entire world and mentor, my father, lost his battle with stage 4 cancer august 15, 2011. :( Hardest moment in my life was saying goodbye to my daddy. Things were pretty rough and I was pretty heart broken and depressed. My husband Lath, god bless him, wanted to cheer me up so he takes me down to the dealership that we had just visted the morning before to look at the beautiful inferno orange SS sitting on the lot. The car was perfect of course, but I wasnt excited. Kinda hard to be excited over anything when your dad just died and you're literally waiting for the red cross to approve your husbands emergency leave so you dont have to chose between your fathers funeral and sending your husband back to Afghanistan (He was on R&R). After we looked at the car again I was ready to just go back home. Lath stopped me in the parking lot and told me we werent leaving, at least not without the camaro. He then gave me a hug and told me it was his gift to me for not only breaking my Z28 but because he would do anything to see me smile again. And so the car came home with us and now you know why this car just isnt a car to me but something alot more special. He is my reminder of what a wonderful and loving husband I have and of the father that started me on my path.

So let the modding begin! I didnt even have the car a month before the exhaust came off lol. Also most of my mods are cosmetic. Husband said no breaking warranty, So that supercharger Im dreaming of will just have to wait.
Modification list Current:
SLP Loudmouth Axle Back exhaust- because it just needed that loud mean growl
Hurst Skip Shift eliminator- because we all know skip shift is super annoying
15% window Tint
CAI Inc. CAI
Blacked out Tail lights- Taken off and replaced with Technostalgias
Black decals for the vents to make them stand out
AAC Dual color orange and white halo head lights and fog lights
AAC orange footwells
AAC orange LED dome and trunk light
Custom hoodliner by Corrado Mallia with cars mural in an inferno of flames saying "Legends Never Die"
Custom IOM fuse box lid cover with CFM "LS3" and bowtie (painted by me)
Ground FX have been repainted to CFM
IOM bow ties on rim center caps
IOM and Red "Camaro SS" On rim spokes
Custom IOM and CFM front and rear bow ties (painted by me)
AAC Red Dual scanners in grill
Orange Billet "SS" Radiator Cap Cover
"SS" Valve Stem Caps
Both Strut Towers Autographed by Team Camaro
Custom Engine Cover with lighted "Camaro"- all done by me
Technostalgia Tail Lights
Interior "Silver" pieces all painted IOM by me
Interior dash and door panels stripped of the cloth, painted CFM, and then hand painted with Sasuke Uchiha and his Brother Itachi Uchiha all by me.
Stitching on steering wheel, shifter, and boot dyed orange by me
Rear bezels painted CFM by me
Upper and Lower Grills painted CFM by me
Front Fog Bezels painted CFM by me
Door panels painted IOM by me
Lower interior trim along door painted IOM by me
Orange AAC lighting added under the car, inside engine bay, and inside CAI
Orange AAC scanner light in mail slot
Orange and billet "SS" Trunk Latch piece
Orange "SS" Master cylinder reservoir and cap covers
Camaro Emblem Trunk Light up display piece done by me
4th Gen SS Style Spoiler
Orange Carpet
Custom black and orange 'Camaro SS' Floormats
Custom black and orange 'Camaro SS' license plate frame with black with tiny bowtie covers for the screws
IOM strut tower "SS" covers
Black and orange "Camaro SS" trunk mat
VDI Lambo Doors!!!!!
LG Motorsports ZR28 Rims Custom painted in gloss black spokes with IOM ring and drum with Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar G:2 285 front & 305 rear tires

Black OEM style Gorilla Lugs -thanks Apex Motorsports!
Orange lighted Camaro door sills
AAC Orange Wheel ring lights
GoPro Hero 3 mounted for tons of racing fun!
IOM "Camaro" plate near ignition
Eibach Rear Sway Bar
Barton Short Throw Shifter with stock shift knob option
IOM Oil Dipstick by RPI Designs
CFM Camaro Emblems by RPI Designs
Trunk panels
Custom Stripes Painted on in CFM- special 35th anniversary edition striping by Kenneth Doty
Stainless Works Long Tube Headers & High Flow Cats
#037 Cam registry decal on CAI lid

Currently working on: Interior- Seats!!!

Future Modifications:
Interior over haul- half done!
T-Top Conversion
Trunk liner from corrado
Scoop for my CAI
Bottle relocation
Rest of the Orange Billet "SS" Under the Hood Accessories
Showstoppers IOM Ghosted Sidemarkers
AAC Back up Lights
Lingenfelter GT12 Cam & Tune
Procharger Supercharger - because someday that warranty will run out!

Sasuke's Most recent picture:

Sasuke is a proud member of the Derby City Camaro Club in Louisville, KY!

Last edited by Heaven_is_inferno_orange; 12-06-2014 at 04:24 PM.
Heaven_is_inferno_orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:49 PM   #2
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

Send a message via MSN to Heaven_is_inferno_orange Send a message via Yahoo to Heaven_is_inferno_orange
First Pictures taken of Sasuke. I think this was the first day we actually had him.

A couple random pictures of me and my daddy together doing what we both do best.

Last edited by Heaven_is_inferno_orange; 08-30-2012 at 02:03 AM. Reason: added pictures
Old 07-27-2012, 01:33 AM   #3
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

Here's some more pics of it changing over the 11 monthes Ive had Sasuke. Will have to hunt down some more of the pics of the work being done when im not so lazy.

At school with me parked next to my buddy Will and his "pooh" mobile.

This one was right after it came home fromt he body shop the first time. October 8, 2011 (my birthday) someone egged it and did damage to the drivers side door. Swope Collision Center did a great job fixing it.

Still pretty stock. My first show with Music City Camaro Club

Sitting at home.

First mod! Exhaust coming off! Replaced by SLP Loudmouth Axle Back
Old 07-27-2012, 01:39 AM   #4
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

Honor and Valore badging added in honor of my husband Lath (SSG Army 12 1/2 yrs-retired disabled veteran as of 12/28/13), brother Rick (Command Master Chief Navy 28 Yrs), and everyone that has ever served our great nation.

Added the vinyls to the side vents in this pic.

Tinted tail lights.

Halo's changed and added to fogs

Last edited by Heaven_is_inferno_orange; 06-27-2014 at 10:02 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:44 AM   #5
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

"Legends Never Die" Hoodliner by Corrado mallia

First trophey!

First Track Day! Sasuke looked mean on the strip with just his orange halos on.

Old 07-27-2012, 01:47 AM   #6
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

My Trunk display at show.

Ground FX color changed! Carbon Flash Metallic. Also repaired after my husband backed it into a pole. Swope Collision center really are awesome btw. Also you can see my rim decals in these pics a little bit.

Old 07-27-2012, 01:52 AM   #7
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

A few pictures of it sitting at the body shop before the repairs to the rear and the repaint to the ground FX

Fuse box cover I painted

Bowties i painted. IOM and CFM

Old 07-27-2012, 02:00 AM   #8
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

Picture of my Camaro and the husbands Trans Am I edited for our anniversary.

My custom air freshener Mini sasuke!

A few of me tinting the taillights

The headlight assemblies in the kitchen right after I had just put them back together with the new halos in them.

Picture of the Egg damage :(

And the same area after the fix

Lol the beer that took off my dealership decal

Halloween camaro

Old 07-27-2012, 02:16 AM   #9
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

Sorry these are so out of order.

More of my Halo install

my CAI

Side vent decals
Old 07-27-2012, 02:22 AM   #10
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

Rim decals

Bowties as I was working on them

Dome Light changed

Footwells installed

Original window sticker

Day my hoodliner arrived. This is probably my favorite mod.

Sitting outside my husbands place of work on Fort Knox

Latest mod. Grill lighting done using dual 15" scanners

Last edited by Heaven_is_inferno_orange; 07-27-2012 at 02:49 AM.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:35 AM   #11
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

This is what Im working on right now. Hoping to finish it before CFest. It's an idea I had come up with one night all on my own and have been working on for awhile now trying to figure out how to do it. It's not perfect but for a trial run Im pretty happy with it so far. Thinking about making another one over winter and perfecting it a bit more. Havent shown this to a whole lot of people yet.
My fabrication creation. My custom Engine Cover

Old 07-27-2012, 04:58 AM   #12
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
wow great thread op , never seen a woman do her own engine cover project , looks very promising i like the idea of plexy you can use it as a light difusser on the cover, i also like the hood liner looks awesome great work all together ,keep it up .
p.s. i see a COTW coming your way .
Old 07-31-2012, 02:26 AM   #13
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

Updated pics of the Engine Cover. its almost finished. Just need to clear coat it, add the bolts, and wire it up.

Old 07-31-2012, 02:50 AM   #14
DPerry

Drives: 2010 Black LT
Subscribed