Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 10-04-2012, 04:02 PM   #463
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Considering Alabama is prime stereotypical mullet Camaro country, it's odd that there are not more members.

I've seen 3 others on here that are from down here in the Mobile area. One of them is only here once a month. I've done work on a few members cars but there just isn't a lot of members here. I have placed probably 10 or so camaro5 cards on windshields.

Problem is that the main get together time is usually Saturday mornings. I work Tuesday thru Saturday. I rarely can even make it to car shows. I'll catch a cruise in every once in a while. I park in general parking though.
Funny how those stereotypes work huh...

There are a few people locally here that have them but they are mostly people who seem to have missed the enthusiast wagon.
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:14 PM   #464
Vindicated Jew

Drives: 2006 Honda civic
Quote:
Considering Alabama is prime stereotypical mullet Camaro country, it's odd that there are not more members.

I've seen 3 others on here that are from down here in the Mobile area. One of them is only here once a month. I've done work on a few members cars but there just isn't a lot of members here. I have placed probably 10 or so camaro5 cards on windshields.

Problem is that the main get together time is usually Saturday mornings. I work Tuesday thru Saturday. I rarely can even make it to car shows. I'll catch a cruise in every once in a while. I park in general parking though.
yeah, i basically started the bama section for the 8th gen civics. but i think it was a bit easier since civics are half the price so there are more people, just give it time it will pick up!

Quote:
How did you hydrolock it?
my cai was like 3 inches off the ground, went through a small puddle during a downpour and it locked the motor up and i was stupid and do the right procedures to keep it going. later that night on the way to work right in front of my house i heard it, motor was still pulling but i knew something was wrong immediately so i turned it off but it was too late. luckily insurance paid for the whole thing i ended up making money since me and my dad put the new motor in lol
Vindicated Jew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:19 PM   #465
SSmokinHot!
I go topleSS!

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicated Jew View Post
ah, well im a supermod on 8thcivic.com and have hosted meets in my house. so believe me, when i get my camaro we will get this place bumping!

ive driven to baton rouge, orlando and up to the tail of the dragon in NC, and atl for meets before. but prob wouldnt in a camaro though lol.

what gets me is i see people posting all the time from here but its like they avoid this section
I've noticed that too. Well maybe when u get yours u can change that. I've thought about starting a new forum for bham area
Old 10-04-2012, 05:49 PM   #466
Vindicated Jew

where in bama are you?

yea, hopefully ill get this promotion in a week or so, then i can do some serious saving. im pretty set on a 2013. its the first one with a back up camera isnt it?
Old 10-05-2012, 12:46 PM   #467
billd579

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
I would tell you check out HuntsvillecarScene.com ton of stuff going on all the time plus we have the Rocket City Camaro club and we are growing stronger by the day you can find us on FB at https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnm...etcitycamaros/ we are always willing to pull in new people....
billd579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:04 AM   #468
SSmokinHot!
I go topleSS!

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
No my 2012 has a back up camara. I would say get the 2013 for the touch screen radio. I heard the is a big car show everyday first Sat of the month at the Colonial Promenade in alabaster starts around 4:30. I plan on checking it out today. Hope I see more fellow camaro owners!!
Old 10-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #469
Vindicated Jew

i would check it out but i work 3 12s this weekend. go in at 6:30 tonight
Old 10-06-2012, 04:26 PM   #470
Vindicated Jew

yeah the mylink was pretty cool. im debating on getting a really low mile used to save me a few, but i dont like the idea of getting a used sports car
Old 10-10-2012, 12:59 AM   #471
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
yeah, i basically started the bama section for the 8th gen civics. but i think it was a bit easier since civics are half the price so there are more people, just give it time it will pick up!

my cai was like 3 inches off the ground, went through a small puddle during a downpour and it locked the motor up and i was stupid and do the right procedures to keep it going. later that night on the way to work right in front of my house i heard it, motor was still pulling but i knew something was wrong immediately so i turned it off but it was too late. luckily insurance paid for the whole thing i ended up making money since me and my dad put the new motor in lol
My CAI is not much higher. Goes down behind the fog lights.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:53 PM   #472
Vindicated Jew

id be careful then. there were a few times where the car went into limp mode and wouldnt rev past 3k for awhile
Old 10-10-2012, 04:56 PM   #473
PQ
Booooosted.

I'm quite conscious of it. I start freaking out at puddles on the interstate.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:00 PM   #474
Vindicated Jew

lol yeah i dont now, i have k&n typhoon short ram
Old 10-18-2012, 01:22 PM   #475
Vindicated Jew

so after doing more research, ive decided on getting the 1LE so far. unless the z28 when it comes out looks better.

im glad i got on the forums early, i didnt get on the civic forum until after i bought my car, would have probably gotten a different car, but i dont regret buying my car so im happy.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:26 PM   #476
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
so after doing more research, ive decided on getting the 1LE so far. unless the z28 when it comes out looks better.

im glad i got on the forums early, i didnt get on the civic forum until after i bought my car, would have probably gotten a different car, but i dont regret buying my car so im happy.
And you can power it up later if you want.

But not getting the MR is a big bummer.

I might look in to a RPO car from Rogers. It will have a better suspension that the 1LE.