Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-09-2018, 07:49 PM   #1
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Odd sound in drive train

Returning to Houston last week after being in the northwest working I noticed a sound I've never heard on any car before. I was going down a hill between Laramie, WY and Ft Collins and noticed the sound. Depending on speed it sounds kinda like a hum. I disengaged the clutch right away and was able to determine it wasn't the engine. It changes frequency depending on car speed but it is continuous.There's no noticeable vibration in the chassis, steering, or gearshift. I suspect maybe a dry CV joint as I can see wetting of the inboard drivers side CV boot.I can find out more when I can get on a lift. Anyone else had a failure that sounded like this?

As the sound never worsened I gambled and made it back to the Houston area without a problem other than wanting to fix the issue ASAP.