Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 11-26-2018, 09:20 PM   #1
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
bragging on the kids

A shoutout to my daughter, she has one of the few (read that as none) free rides to Hillsdale College. At Hillsdale, you can learn to shoot guns, argue the constitution, and pray at a church all right there on campus. There are no 'safe spaces". She is provided her choice of church music (she likes Latin Mass themes) choice of guns from shotgun to 9mm, and of course the constitution. BTW she only likes manual cars preferably over 500 HP... she likes boots, she wants a real man and she will stay home and have 6 handsome, smart kids

Hillsdale College giving the government the big middle your number one finger for 150 years. Founded by abolitionist FYI,

https://www.hillsdale.edu/

2nd shoutout to the son, he just got the UT's Presidential+ scholarship, the highest academic scholarship offered by UT, he is in Engineering, not some silly constitutional law like the daughter. He only drives manuals prefers 700 plus HP.
https://news.utexas.edu/2015/10/02/f...-scholarships/
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 08:07 AM   #2
zlathim

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Kudos to both of your kids. Hillsdale sounds like a great school. Didn't know any were left.
BMR cradle & diff bushings, trailing arms, toe rods & upper control arm bushings
Hotchkis sub-frame brace
Stop Tech Z-23 brakes
4.10 gears, Eaton Truetrac, LPW diff cover
Best 1/4 mile 12.073 @ 115.68 mph 3,300 ft DA
zlathim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 11:02 PM   #3
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Great to read about your kids!

Our son spent 4 years in the Air Force as an MP while they schooled him in computer programming. After that stint he couldn't get school funding because, you know, he wasn't the right color. So he worked his way through school for his degree and got a job at the National Center for Supercomputing Applications where he continued his education. He gave us a tour a couple years ago. WOW!

Now he is a System Administrator there.

He is married with three wonderful children. I never asked him what he earns, but judging from the house they bought last year, he is way ahead of me.

Our daughter had a Presidential Scholarship to a liberal arts school in California. Fortunately, liberal wasn't as bad then as it is now. None of that protesting and crap, just goofy fun.
After graduation she moved back home and began as a teaching assistant for a special needs class near home.

When she moved to Brooklyn, NY she was put in charge of the first ever special needs class in the district.
The principal at the school she worked in didn't want to allocate any resources for special ed so she wrote letters requesting donations. Some of the largest corporations in the US responded. Within two years she was in charge of special ed at 7 schools in the district.

Then she married and right now she is at home raising her first baby, but she plans to return next fall. She misses the kids.
Old 11-28-2018, 09:41 AM   #4
DFWZ28

Drives: 2010 SS
congrats guys, great to here we will have another good "longhorn" guy. my kiddo will be 30 in a few months, during thanksgiving we had a small family "gender reveal". i will be having another grandson in 6 months.
Old 11-28-2018, 12:50 PM   #5
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Shout out to my son. He just learned to ride a bike without training wheels.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 01:15 PM   #6
zlathim

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
My son is getting his learner's permit for driver's license today. I'm terrified!
BMR cradle & diff bushings, trailing arms, toe rods & upper control arm bushings
Hotchkis sub-frame brace
Stop Tech Z-23 brakes
4.10 gears, Eaton Truetrac, LPW diff cover
Best 1/4 mile 12.073 @ 115.68 mph 3,300 ft DA
zlathim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 01:28 PM   #7
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
Congrats on your kids, that's awesome. My son is just about to graduate UH with a computer science degree, and he thinks it's the best money I ever spent lol
Old 11-28-2018, 02:58 PM   #8
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
My kid only knocked herself out once, so far, today. So that's good.
Old 11-28-2018, 04:36 PM   #9
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
My kid only knocked herself out once, so far, today. So that's good.
How many times a day is typical?
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 05:24 PM   #10
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
oldman - congrats, sounds like you have some wise children.

My daughter just signed on at GCU a Private Christian University, https://www.gcu.edu/cro/?utm_expid=.....google.com%2F

No full ride, but managed to get a lot of scholarships through her hard work in music and studies.

Just great to hear some positive/encouraging things regarding the youth!
Old 11-28-2018, 09:36 PM   #11
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Oldman, congrats! Sounds like some great kids there. My son just finished his stint in the Army & is going to college in Dallas on his GI bill. Daughter is a manager for Ruby Tuesday (making more $ than I did before I retired with a master's degree & 30+ years work in community mental health). It is satisfying to have kids who are doing well to take pride in.
Old 11-28-2018, 09:42 PM   #12
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
A shoutout to my daughter, she has one of the few (read that as none) free rides to Hillsdale College. At Hillsdale, you can learn to shoot guns, argue the constitution, and pray at a church all right there on campus. There are no 'safe spaces". She is provided her choice of church music (she likes Latin Mass themes) choice of guns from shotgun to 9mm, and of course the constitution. BTW she only likes manual cars preferably over 500 HP... she likes boots, she wants a real man and she will stay home and have 6 handsome, smart kids

Hillsdale College giving the government the big middle your number one finger for 150 years. Founded by abolitionist FYI,

https://www.hillsdale.edu/

2nd shoutout to the son, he just got the UT's Presidential+ scholarship, the highest academic scholarship offered by UT, he is in Engineering, not some silly constitutional law like the daughter. He only drives manuals prefers 700 plus HP.
https://news.utexas.edu/2015/10/02/f...-scholarships/
Hillsdale is a great college. I donate to them...one of the few who gets it...

Congrats to the family...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 09:03 PM   #13
oldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFred View Post
Great to read about your kids!

Our son spent 4 years in the Air Force as an MP while they schooled him in computer programming. After that stint he couldn't get school funding because, you know, he wasn't the right color. So he worked his way through school for his degree and got a job at the National Center for Supercomputing Applications where he continued his education. He gave us a tour a couple years ago. WOW!

Now he is a System Administrator there.

He is married with three wonderful children. I never asked him what he earns, but judging from the house they bought last year, he is way ahead of me.

Our daughter had a Presidential Scholarship to a liberal arts school in California. Fortunately, liberal wasn't as bad then as it is now. None of that protesting and crap, just goofy fun.
After graduation she moved back home and began as a teaching assistant for a special needs class near home.

When she moved to Brooklyn, NY she was put in charge of the first ever special needs class in the district.
The principal at the school she worked in didn't want to allocate any resources for special ed so she wrote letters requesting donations. Some of the largest corporations in the US responded. Within two years she was in charge of special ed at 7 schools in the district.

Then she married and right now she is at home raising her first baby, but she plans to return next fall. She misses the kids.

My daughter is actually the right color to get the scholarship, but she refused to put her race on any collage app. Hillsdale does not ask your race or gender, hence the Federal Government does not consider it a college at all and no kids can get big Gov'ment loans. She refused to use any benefits that can be derived by her race minority status. You go girl.

Yeah I hear you my daughter wants to marry a "normal" guy. Have kids stay home, even though her IQ is the highest of any human I know and I work for a university.....
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
Old 12-01-2018, 09:04 PM   #14
oldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWZ28 View Post
congrats guys, great to here we will have another good "longhorn" guy. my kiddo will be 30 in a few months, during thanksgiving we had a small family "gender reveal". i will be having another grandson in 6 months.
I want some grandkids and soon. Luck guy!