Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 11-16-2011, 12:32 AM   #43
urr2slo

Drives: 2010 2ss ss/rs abm, 2016 2ss/rs hbm
Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
Rick, Pirelli PZero Rosso's come in a 315, I've got them on my wheels.
But they don't make the right size matching fronts in my size, as well as having a higher tread-wear which translates into a harder compound (less grip, less handling) which means slower times at the track.
The way I chose to designed this set up was for it to be the best possible handling convertible, Hotchkis race pack, aggressive street alignment, high quality light weight ADV1 wheels, and the stickiest Pirelli tires. This combo also allows for comfortable daily driver type ride quality without breaking the bank, except for the ADV1's that is. There are several tire options in the sizes I chose to run by Pirelli and Nitto, all the others are way higher tread-wear, and I've driven on the PZero's, Nero's, Rosso's as well as the 555's and Invo's. From my experience the PZero is the best all around tire on the Camaro's. I've talked with the tire engineers at both Pirelli and Nitto, as well as some of the R&D and design engineers at GM, I've worked closely with the engineers at Hotchkis and in the end I've concluded the the Pirelli PZero was the best all around choice. Thats almost 3 years of research Ive done and the people I have spoken with and who's brains I've picked know a lot more about tires, suspension and set ups than me, so it's just not my opinion. On all my builds I build balance, to build the best all around car, street use, road course, auto-x and drag racing. I know I can get a better drag tire, or road course tire, or cruising tire, but for the best balance of everything I was trying to achieve, the PZero is it.
I appreciate your post and input, thats why we're all on here to help each other get all the info. Thats why I let the other C5 member know 315's fit without a problem. He's going a different route, I wish Pirelli offered the PZero in a 315, the extra 10mm of width I'm sure would help me with all the Camaro's I've been involved in building hook up better from a stop. So far Lyssa has been the weakest (slowest) Camaro I've put together at 521 rwhp, but that will be changing soon, she is slated for an additional 50 h.p.
I will say this car rides really good and handles much better than I expected, being a convertible and all. It has truly amazed me and it's owner, Exflirt. Its handling and corning limits are substantially higher than I expected.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:15 PM   #44
exflirt
Corvette Goddess

Drives: Soon - 2015 Z06 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITGuy11 View Post
How much $$$
If you have to ask...
8.26.2014 - Deposit placed with Mike Furman @ Criswell Corvette in MD for 2015 2LZ Laguna Blue Z06 Convertible, navigation, carbon flash gfx, carbon flash stinger stripe, spectra gray wheels, dark gray calipers, gray interior, suede seat inserts. EXCITED is an understatement!
exflirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:02 PM   #45
urr2slo

Drives: 2010 2ss ss/rs abm, 2016 2ss/rs hbm
The right wheels do make the car.
Old 12-10-2011, 01:06 PM   #46
exflirt
Corvette Goddess

Drives: Soon - 2015 Z06 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
Car looks great, I saw it in person at SEMA. Funny enough, I also build a convertible SS that was featured in the Magna Charger booth earlier this year for Power Tour. They like their vert Camaros!
Thank you, I'm completely happy with her.

Have any pictures of your car in the booth? I would love to see!
8.26.2014 - Deposit placed with Mike Furman @ Criswell Corvette in MD for 2015 2LZ Laguna Blue Z06 Convertible, navigation, carbon flash gfx, carbon flash stinger stripe, spectra gray wheels, dark gray calipers, gray interior, suede seat inserts. EXCITED is an understatement!
exflirt is offline   Reply With Quote