Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 01-11-2010, 10:58 AM   #29
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPS Brandon View Post
...you will not find ONE product made by Pfadt from China or East Asia.

I was originally sold on Pedders...and planned to have them on my car a LONG time ago. I was confident due to their experience with the zeta platform and constant information flow. Then two things happened: First, their shipping dates kept slipping... Second, that fiasco with the Hennesey car. These events caused me to reconsider and I decided that I would prefer to deal with a new product that was designed from the ground up specifically for the Camaro...not just a 'zeta' platform conversion. Additionally, Pfadts commitment to racing is also an indicator (at least to me) of their commitment to auto sports...and I prefer to support those companies who are supporting and competing in events(whose going to beat a part better than a race team???!?!?!?!?!). I used to buy my bmw parts (upgrades and maintenance) from Turner motorsports almost exclusively for this reason also...I try to support those that are supporting our hobby.

I'm no engineer...and I'm not a racer or suspension expert...just an average Joe calling it like I see it....and that's how I saw it.

I have the Pfadt sways on and have been happy with the results...certainly took a little roll out of the rear. ANXIOUSLY awaiting coilovers and bushings...have had them pre-ordered for quite a while now.
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Suspension: Pfadt Sport Sway Bars, Pfadt drop springs
Other: MGW Shifter, Custom Paint
my build journal ---->http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:06 PM   #30
Mark-HD

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange SS
Thanks guys.....So you guys are happy with the 1 inch reduction in the bump stop. My fear was that they possible could do strut damage if they were cut, however it sounds like you guys tested and they will be ok....damn if I have to take it apart again I may just change um.....
2010 Camaro SS, M6, MTI shifter and sway bars, GM quarter flares, Corsa catback, Roto-Fab CAI, 30% tinted windows, Lloyd's custom mats, Hawk ceramic pads, Pedders lower coils, Magnuson supercharger with 3.6 pulley, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Kook's LT's1 7/8 w/cats, Lingenfelter/SLP billet pedals, KW V'3 Coilovers, RevExtreme catch can, ---Ordered--- IconZ LS7 9 & 11" polished wheels!. Dyno'd 563.05 HP, 543.86 Torq.
Mark-HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:50 AM   #31
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by themossman View Post
Second, that fiasco with the Hennesey car.
Huh? I never heard about this..... FILL ME IN!

TRADED: 2016 2SS M6
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:54 AM   #32
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
Huh? I never heard about this..... FILL ME IN!
I can't remember where the thread and article are...but AS MY MEMORY recollects... The first full pedders setup was tested on a Hennessey car by an independent reviewer. Again, as I recall, the reviewer was BRUTAL on the handling of the car and it was worse than the stock setup. Blame was levied on Hennessey for putting too wide of tires and then there were claims that the track was dirty.

Again, don't take my memory as fact...but that was the impression I was left with and after all the hype of pedders 'knows the zeta platform' it really shook my confidence in the program they were planning on delivering. They have since delivered excellent results...but by that time there were other players entering the market....

Again...my opinion only...I'm not a badge/brand whore...I just make my decisions based on what I see....
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Suspension: Pfadt Sport Sway Bars, Pfadt drop springs
Other: MGW Shifter, Custom Paint
my build journal ---->http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:09 AM   #33
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
I believe Hennessey had the Pedder's on their car and just had them installed and not really dialed in yet. You know the rush to get something out to the magazines before it is tested. I am sure Hennessey can weigh in on that. I know how they feel on my car and it feels close to stock for me. It also depends on what they had the coilovers dialed to - if it was an aggressive setting, better handling but a stiffer ride...

2.55 Upper / 8.6 Lower / ID850's / Kooks Longtubes / New Era CAI
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:20 AM   #34
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Both make great products. I went with Pdaft with my sway bars - great customer support and well made products, good info. Want to get their coilovers as soon as I get the $$
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 03:53 PM   #35
BUMBLEB
IN GOD WE THRUST

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS RS M6 TVS2300 2015 Z06
GO PFADT YOU WONT GO BACK
Old 01-19-2010, 01:51 PM   #36
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Thanks for the comments guys. We will be sure to keep everyone updated as to the coilover availability. We have had a great response and interest in them and want everyone to know they will not be dissappointed.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:39 PM   #37
RBD

Drives: 2013 SS/RS Convertible
I highly recommend the Pedders stuff, it is with out a doubt the finest out there.
RBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:08 PM   #38
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
You really can't go wrong with either. As I've said in other threads. give them a call and make a decsion based on who you like best.

Both will give you great performance and great customer service. And both companies have been doing this for a long time.

give em a call and see who you like best!

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:03 AM   #39
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by themossman View Post
I can't remember where the thread and article are...but AS MY MEMORY recollects... The first full pedders setup was tested on a Hennessey car by an independent reviewer. Again, as I recall, the reviewer was BRUTAL on the handling of the car and it was worse than the stock setup. Blame was levied on Hennessey for putting too wide of tires and then there were claims that the track was dirty.

Again, don't take my memory as fact...but that was the impression I was left with and after all the hype of pedders 'knows the zeta platform' it really shook my confidence in the program they were planning on delivering. They have since delivered excellent results...but by that time there were other players entering the market....

Again...my opinion only...I'm not a badge/brand whore...I just make my decisions based on what I see....
the first Hennesey car that was checked had our Xa coil overs. However, the rear wheels and tires had a very serious rub, even in stock coils. Due to this, we could not set up the Camaro properly, and had to over dampen the rear and raise the back end too high in an attempt to try and reduce the understeer.

This is one of the reasons I hate 315s in the back. Plus the 275/315 combo is not optimal for maximum handling. But the massive amount of testing we have done has proven the Pedders Camaro is the best handling Camaro with Street tires in the USA

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:06 AM   #40
sting808

Drives: 2010 SS RS
How about a shootout with stock SS models, no engine mods, stock tire & wheels? Let the suspension parts speak for themselves.

Something like this:
1) bushings
2) 1 + swaybars
3) 1 + 2 + drop coils
4) 1 + 2 + coil-overs
5) unlimited suspension parts/chassis bracing

or even simpler tested packages.

You can "dial" in the suspension all you want without comparing oranges to apples when looked at the car as a whole. Just use off-the-shelf parts sold to customers, not one-offs made for this competition. Would this end the debate? Would the scenario be bullet proof? Probably not, but will sure have bragging rights to a more objective scenario. AND... inquiring minds want to know.

For the record, I ordered the Pedders coil-over package and unless something goes seriously wrong, I don't plan to change it. I just wanted adjustable drop, flexibility, and all-around improved performance at a relatively good price for the package of parts. All the other options were much higher priced or not yet available. Not interested in ultimate handling with my 275/315 combo, it's my last cruzer. (at least that's what the wife thinks)
sting808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 04:12 AM   #41
robertway

Drives: 2012 Challenger SRT8 Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post
This is one of the reasons I hate 315s in the back. Plus the 275/315 combo is not optimal for maximum handling. But the massive amount of testing we have done has proven the Pedders Camaro is the best handling Camaro with Street tires in the USA

mike
dms
Mike,

Could you speak to when problems will arise with 315s in the rear. I too am running 315/35/20's in the rear and have no clearance issues. I will be lowering in a couple of weeks hopefully and only look to maintain stock alignment settings. I have plenty of clearance in the inside of the rears now so I am assuming the clearance issues come in when one starts to get a little more aggressive with camber in the rear beyond what it comes with from the factory. I know you guys run 305/30/19's on your Pedderized Red Car so again the assumption on my part is that the 10mms of reduced width, reduced sidewall height, and overall reduced wheel diameter allows for more clearance and a more aggressive alignment in the rear. Speaking for myself, in the beginning I'll only be tracking the car every so often on a road course and looking to get it out on a large oval, in both cases for fun and not really lap times. Eventually if I got serious enough I would be looking at running 18's or 19's and put myself in a position to run more aggressive alignment settings.

So when you say you had problems getting the 315s setup on the Hennessey car, were you just trying to get it into stock alignment or something more aggressive, if more aggressive, at what camber did the setup start to rub (camber and drop).

Thanks in advance...

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin

LS3 Camshaft Swap Do-It-Yourself Instructions - 2010 LS3 gone but not forgotten!!!

Last edited by robertway; 01-20-2010 at 08:59 AM.
robertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:30 AM   #42
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
As most have stated you can't go wrong with either. I went with Pedders coilovers because they were priced well and available. Based on what I've seen for the springs I'd likely go with the best priced. I'm a little concerned about cutting the bump stops so I'd research that a little more. Since I didn't go with springs I haven't read into the bump stop issue too much.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote