Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 12-28-2012, 08:32 PM   #29
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
So I'd like to say the issue has reached the District Regional department of Chevrolet. Ive also filed a compliant with BBB. Brandon which is a forum member that works for Chevrolet has been extremely helpful. BeckyD has offered her services if need be as well.

This is just an unfortunate situation that no one should have to go through. I'll hopefully find some sort resolution. I'll keep everyone updated on the situation as it progresses.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:56 PM   #30
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
That is called ....breach of contract ....,and the law does not like when it happen .
Stay firm , be polite and respectfully listen to everyone that has something to say
from all corners .
The more you listen the better prepared you will be for when you have to say something .
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:09 PM   #31
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Good luck, hope you end up with what you are looking for

I am grateful my dealer trade (1st one ever for me) went flawless.

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:33 PM   #32
Top Off

Drives: 2012 LS3 1SS/RS Vert
I hope this works out for you. Having worked at a dealership in the past, trades suck. They should have stated on the buyers order that it was contingent on the dealer trade and taken a good faith deposit. $100 Other huge factor is that they did not contact you with updates regarding the car. Your loan from the credit union never should have come into play until the trade was complete.
Top Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:37 PM   #33
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
That is called ....breach of contract ....,and the law does not like when it happen .
Stay firm , be polite and respectfully listen to everyone that has something to say
from all corners .
The more you listen the better prepared you will be for when you have to say something .
Yeah, I've been polite and level headed throughout this entire ordeal. I didn't even know that all of this was even possible when making a transaction, everyone that I have spoken to have never heard/experienced this before so I do not know what to expect. What I do know is, I want to stay Chevrolet and I want to continue my efforts into acquiring a Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE. I have no bad blood through the company, but what I experienced is just unacceptable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post
Good luck, hope you end up with what you are looking for

I am grateful my dealer trade (1st one ever for me) went flawless.

Ryan
Thank you, that is very much appreciated. I'm staying patient and hopeful.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:40 PM   #34
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Off View Post
I hope this works out for you. Having worked at a dealership in the past, trades suck. They should have stated on the buyers order that it was contingent on the dealer trade and taken a good faith deposit. $100 Other huge factor is that they did not contact you with updates regarding the car. Your loan from the credit union never should have come into play until the trade was complete.
I totally agree on the bold parts. Neither of those happened unfortunately.

If that was the case I would have left the situation alone and moved on. But the way everything played out was that on Dec.20th I shook the hands of the finance manager and check was given to him along with paperwork being signed. Last words were "Congratulations", and I shook his hand. On my way out, I spoke to my salesman, and I said I'll see you when I get back from out of town.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:57 AM   #35
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
I totally agree on the bold parts. Neither of those happened unfortunately.

If that was the case I would have left the situation alone and moved on. But the way everything played out was that on Dec.20th I shook the hands of the finance manager and check was given to him along with paperwork being signed. Last words were "Congratulations", and I shook his hand. On my way out, I spoke to my salesman, and I said I'll see you when I get back from out of town.
Subscribed...
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:10 PM   #36
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Update:

I've recieved multiple calls from Chevrolet Customer Service and they are still trying to understand what exactly happened.

I found out that the dealership has been misleading and telling Chevrolet that I was suppose to come in on 31 December and order the 1LE which was never said. To make matters worse, I was 3-hours away on the 31 December so why they choose that day is beyond me? So when I heard that, I simply had nothing to say. And apparently they are trying to say, they sold me the car on a "What If" basis. I have never heard of selling cars on a "What If" basis. This has to be the all-time low for a dealership to make that claim. All they had to do was be honest with me from the beginning instead of trying to cover up the wrong in what they've done. The dealership also claims that they never had the car in there inventory. False advertisement, unethical business practices, the list goes on.

Well me being in the military, you always learned to document everything. I did just that. I took a video and took pictures of 1LE on there dealership website as proof because I knew they would try to say they never told me they sold it to me, etc. Needless to say I still have the buyers order as well and all sorts of documentation to support my claim.

I will say the Chevrolet Customer service reps have been a tremendous help (Brandon & Lucas). I'm not sure what will come of all this, but something must happen as this shouldn't of happened to me and shouldn't happen to any consumer, period.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:19 PM   #37
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
Update:

I've recieved a call from Chevrolet Customer Service and they are still trying to understand what exactly happened.

I found out that the dealership has been misleading and telling Chevrolet that I was suppose to come in on 31 December and order the 1LE which was never said. To make matters worse, I was 3-hours away. So when I heard that, I simply had nothing to say. And apparently they are trying to say, they sold me the car on a "What If" basis. I have never heard of selling cars on a "What If" basis. This has to be the all-time low for a dealership to make that claim. All they had to do was be honest with me from the beginning instead of trying to cover up the wrong in what they've done. The dealership also claims that they never had the car in there inventory. False advertisement, unethical business practices, the list goes on.

Well me being in the military, you always learned to document everything. I did just that. I took a video and took pictures of 1LE on there dealership website as proof because I knew they would try to say they never told me they sold it to me, etc. Needless to say I still have the buyers order.

I will say the Chevrolet Customer service reps have been a tremendous help (Brandon & Lucas). I'm not sure what will come of all this, but something must happen as this shouldn't of happened to me and shouldn't happen to any consumer, period.
Have you talked to your bank? You can just cancel the loan and they will pull the money back from the dealership. Like a credit card dispute.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:24 PM   #38
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
Have you talked to your bank? You can just cancel the loan and they will pull the money back from the dealership. Like a credit card dispute.
Yes, that was turned in on 29 Dec. Everything finally cleared my account today.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:18 PM   #39
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Received another call from GM today, they received my fax which had pictures of the vehicle on the dealership site which the dealership was claiming they never had it on there inventory online.

Note to self, its always good to document everything and keep a record of it.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #40
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Update: My case is with the District Sales Manager of GM
Old 01-08-2013, 05:07 PM   #41
TheGhosty

Drives: '11 SW 1LT RS
Keep the updates coming
TheGhosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:13 PM   #42
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
Stick it to those sleazeballs and their outright lies.