Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-13-2014, 03:50 PM   #155
Gee
Silver Ice

Drives: 2011 1LT Coupe SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGhosty View Post
Wow so maybe I will see some results. I am better off doing the crank last after everything? Any reason not to go that route?
Thats a good plan. I do this. On empty or near empty tank of gas, pour a quarter of the can (at most half) of seafoam in tank then fill up.

Drive home. Open hood, pour the recommended amount( i use a half can) of seafoam into the crankcase and close up the oil cap.

Start engine and Pop off the brake booster line and pour very slowly in "sips" about another quarter of the can on the last bit of the "quarter of seafoam" I pour an extra large sip which causes the car to sputter, then i immediately run and turn off the car(easier to have a friend there).

Wait about 10-15 mins to let it settle and coat/clean.
Then i start up and let it idle for a min then start doing small revs revving up to 1k rpms MAX till it stops smoking.

Then i pop off the vacuum line from the intake manifold(car still running) and spray the top end seafoam foaming spray in nice 3 second sprays. Youll hear the car rev up in after each spray, I usually wait till the end of the surge until I spray again. Do about a half a can of this at most shut down engine.

Replace the vacuum line to the and then let the car sit for another 10-15 mins again.
Start up smoke show and drive it like you stole it until the smoke(carbon deposits and seafoam) burn away. Have fun!!
Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 12:03 PM   #156
TheGhosty

Drives: '11 SW 1LT RS
I finally completed all 3 seafoam treatments. The smoke show was unbelievable. Took about 5 minutes of aggressive driving to get rid of the smoke. Would recommend this to others. Quick question tho: The smoke was a dense white smoke, is that just the seafoam burning off? I never saw any gray/black smoke.
Old 12-28-2014, 12:06 PM   #157
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
It should be just dense white. It really does work. This and a catch can !
Old 12-28-2014, 12:07 PM   #158
Gee
Silver Ice

Quote:
I finally completed all 3 seafoam treatments. The smoke show was unbelievable. Took about 5 minutes of aggressive driving to get rid of the smoke. Would recommend this to others. Quick question tho: The smoke was a dense white smoke, is that just the seafoam burning off? I never saw any gray/black smoke.
Hey man. More than likely was the petroleum based seafoam burning. You shouldn't necessarily see black/gray smoke. Unfortunately most of the carbon/soot was probably shot through the cats and are gonna burn up in there over the next 100 miles or so.
Old 12-28-2014, 12:35 PM   #159
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
It should be just dense white. It really does work. This and a catch can !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee View Post
Hey man. More than likely was the petroleum based seafoam burning. You shouldn't necessarily see black/gray smoke. Unfortunately most of the carbon/soot was probably shot through the cats and are gonna burn up in there over the next 100 miles or so.
+1
Old 01-02-2015, 07:58 AM   #160
blackswan

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
Quote:
I seafoamed a brand new mower and got tons of white smoke. It's the product causing that, not - as commonly thought - evidence of carbon being free up or somesuch. Unless brand new mowers ship pre-carboned?
blackswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 09:09 AM   #161
Gee
Silver Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackswan View Post
I seafoamed a brand new mower and got tons of white smoke. It's the product causing that, not - as commonly thought - evidence of carbon being free up or somesuch. Unless brand new mowers ship pre-carboned?
Reread what I wrote. I said that It is more than likely the petroleum based seafoam burning off and didn't say that the white smoke was carbon. Rather I noted that the carbon will be burned off in the cats after the seafoam. Thats cool that you did a test from the factory though. That definitely sums up my predictions that the seafoam is the only real thing causing the smoke.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:05 AM   #162
blackswan

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
Quote:
Reread what I wrote. I said that It is more than likely the petroleum based seafoam burning off and didn't say that the white smoke was carbon. Rather I noted that the carbon will be burned off in the cats after the seafoam. Thats cool that you did a test from the factory though. That definitely sums up my predictions that the seafoam is the only real thing causing the smoke.
My apologies for not being more clear. Often, I think, we assume that a "quoted" reply is a disagreement/contradiction in the making. I was supporting your comment and should have been more clear about that.
blackswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 10:28 AM   #163
Gee
Silver Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackswan View Post
My apologies for not being more clear. Often, I think, we assume that a "quoted" reply is a disagreement/contradiction in the making. I was supporting your comment and should have been more clear about that.
My bad!
Old 01-04-2015, 03:59 PM   #164
TheGhosty

Drives: '11 SW 1LT RS
I can believe there is still carbon in the cats. I'm running some high flows and am used the the exhaust smell that comes with them. It definitely has a different smell than usual. Got a 300 mile trip coming up next week so I'm sure it will burn off.
Old 01-07-2015, 12:24 PM   #165
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
I can believe there is still carbon in the cats. I'm running some high flows and am used the the exhaust smell that comes with them. It definitely has a different smell than usual. Got a 300 mile trip coming up next week so I'm sure it will burn off.
Did you notice a difference?

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 02:51 PM   #166
omgitsmiketuck

Drives: 2011 LS V6 (M) & 2019 LS I4 (AT)
this should be a sticky
omgitsmiketuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 11:23 PM   #167
real deal 101

Drives: Navy baby
okay so could i change the oil right away or should the car be driven for a few miles before hand.
real deal 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 05:44 AM   #168
Gee
Silver Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by real deal 101 View Post
okay so could i change the oil right away or should the car be driven for a few miles before hand.
If you put it into the crankcase(oil), then yeah drive for about 100 miles, then change the oil as soon as possible after that. If not serious damage could happen. The seafoam is gas based so it will ruin your oil filter after a while.