Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 09-21-2011, 05:48 PM   #1
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
Finally pulled the trigger...

Well, finally pulled the trigger on the engine upgrade. My original plan was to install a forged custom engine in my L99 with a maggie on top and all the other goodies looking for around 700 RWHP range.

Well, finances made me change my mind quickly or at least change course a bit. My credit union had been bugging me with auto loan refinance adds for several months so I made them put their money where their mouth was. Refinanced my 2010 2SSRS L99 at a 0.7% lower interest rate and had them add $12,000 back onto the loan. In the end, it came out exactly $1000 over where I had started so payments have will be identical to before with the lower interest rate.

Anyway, called Ted Jannetty and ordered the remaining parts of his 560 RWHP street brawler package. I already have the headers, CAI and cat back exhaust, just needed the Maggie kit, upgraded pulley, MSD voltage booster and of course Teds custom tune.

I will be doing the installation. Have turned a couple wrenches in my time and reading over the instructions a dozen times it looks VERY doable and I am sure Ted will be available as he always is if I have a question or two.

On my L99 I will probably be running in the 505-510 RWHP range which is fine with me. Along with my other upgrades, which include a complete JRE rear end with posi upgrade and LPE 3.91 gears, I think this level of HP will be quite impressive with the 3.91 gears.

To try to help put the power to the ground I ordered a new set of Scarallo Motorsports wheels from Group A wheels, 20x10 fronts and 20x11 rears and a set of Vredestein Sessanta 315-35-20 tires that will be mounted on the rear wheels when they arrive ready to go. I will then take my factory 275s off my factory wheels and have them mounted and balanced on the Scarallo front wheels. Now I am sure these are not the best tires out htere but the price is hard to argue with and they will get me around the streets just fine until I can save up and get a set of Pzeros or something like that. They look pretty damn cool anyway with their unique tread pattern anyway and they were in stock ready to go so I could get some 315s under the rear end right away.

I also ordered the Phadt Stage 2 Performance suspension kit to lower my ride and make things a big more responsive which should really work well with the wheel/tire package and should work well with my Phadt trailing arms and upgraded bushing all around that are already installed on my rear end. Everything I have heard tells me that these big tires work great on the Scarallo wheels on a lowered car. We will see if that is true, hope so!!!

Everything should start to show up next week. I know wheels/tires and suspension parts will be here next week. The supercharger kit and other parts may show up by the end of next week but possibly first of October and then I will dive into her.

Next and probably final step after that will be to find a good heat exchanging aftermarket hood to help pull as much hot air out from under the hood as possible. Thinking something with a ram air scoop as well but want to make sure it does not end up looking like a damn mustang!!!

Anyway, very excited to get rolling. Will keep posting with my build results and hopefully nothing but good news!!! I am sure there will be some minor hick ups along the way.

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:20 PM   #2
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
good for you, ted will get you a good pkg together and i,m sure you will be happy..