Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2013, 09:33 AM   #85
backtotintops

 
backtotintops's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 Z/28 0#
Join Date: May 2013
Location: NY
Posts: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by *007 View Post
Back on topic.... "the Pill"

Speaks with precision, intellect, and yes, some bias. However, generally never accused of integrity problems. So, why censor discussion that, depending on "your perception" is very informative, educational, and argumentatively challenging even to the best of engineers and simple hobbyists? I do believe he was banned because his points were too biased in opinions of mods... Who cares? I would have preferred to "filter" out the biases on my own volition and reap the good information he did and does serve up. We're all big kids here eh?
+1 censorship is lame
backtotintops is offline  
Old 07-19-2013, 12:04 PM   #86
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: A Mountain Road
Posts: 7,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by *007 View Post
Back on topic.... "the Pill"

Speaks with precision, intellect, and yes, some bias. However, generally never accused of integrity problems. So, why censor discussion that, depending on "your perception" is very informative, educational, and argumentatively challenging even to the best of engineers and simple hobbyists? I do believe he was banned because his points were too biased in opinions of mods... Who cares? I would have preferred to "filter" out the biases on my own volition and reap the good information he did and does serve up. We're all big kids here eh?
I've had been in discussions with him till he was banned. My assumption is he's manipulative with a heavy dose of bipolar.
He's where he should be now preaching and lecturing to the lemmings.
__________________
2cnd chance is offline  
Old 07-19-2013, 12:15 PM   #87
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: A Mountain Road
Posts: 7,303
You've obviously never seen my positive comments regarding the Boss LS,
GT500, Ford GT (GT40 is my all-time favorite car), and Challengers among others. But thanks for pretending to know me.
__________________
2cnd chance is offline  
Old 07-19-2013, 12:42 PM   #88
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: A Mountain Road
Posts: 7,303
And unlike the Pill I've never been to another 'brand" forum and argued my favorite as better or belittled their choices.
__________________
2cnd chance is offline  
Old 07-19-2013, 12:57 PM   #89
IOMZL1

 
IOMZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Z/28 | 2017 Viper ACR Extreme
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Brownsburg
Posts: 989
My take on the Pill is that he knows enough and is reasonably intelligent but has a severe bias / hatred to GM, the Camaro, and Camaro5. He will sometimes sprinkle his facts with a fair level of BS and will (often?) twist the truth to meet his agenda. When you do call him out with a fact check he seems to just move on or answer selectively. He can be quite convincing but his posts should be taken with a grain of salt.

He always goes back to the SCCA legality, etc. with the ZL1 and now Z/28. Personally, this is a non-issue for me with these cars, but perhaps some would care. I’m not sure anyone looking to race in SCCA would be “fooled” into thinking they could drive from the Chevrolet dealer to the track or would care if they had to modify the car because they for sure know the rules. If they want to purchase a Z/28 and race it, it will have to be compliant and that is their choice and responsibility. I’d argue there aren’t any amateurs out there who are going to buy the Z/28, head straight to an SCCA event only to yell “F***!” when they don’t pass tech inspection, and go bankrupt modifying the “race ready” Z/28. So he takes this point and argues that GM is lying, the ZL1 is an abomination, etc. etc. If you like arguing, by all means…

Nothing wrong with Ford and Mustang enthusiasm and nothing wrong with the Pill – in essence he is one of the internet’s biggest and most outspoken trolls against Chevy / GM / Camaro and people often take the bait. I think he would take this description of him as a compliment. He easily finds support and fuel where he is restricted to now (generally Mustang and Ford forums) but I have to believe he would prefer to feed on the direct response from members of Camaro5 and other similarly GM themed forums instead of having to quote them on another forum.

It’s all in good fun. At the end of the day these arguments are meaningless and with all the other great cars out there being brand loyal to a fault will ultimately lessen your overall automotive experience IMO.
IOMZL1 is offline  
Old 07-19-2013, 01:37 PM   #90
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: A Mountain Road
Posts: 7,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMZL1 View Post
My take on the Pill is that he knows enough and is reasonably intelligent but has a severe bias / hatred to GM, the Camaro, and Camaro5. He will sometimes sprinkle his facts with a fair level of BS and will (often?) twist the truth to meet his agenda. When you do call him out with a fact check he seems to just move on or answer selectively. He can be quite convincing but his posts should be taken with a grain of salt.

He always goes back to the SCCA legality, etc. with the ZL1 and now Z/28. Personally, this is a non-issue for me with these cars, but perhaps some would care. I’m not sure anyone looking to race in SCCA would be “fooled” into thinking they could drive from the Chevrolet dealer to the track or would care if they had to modify the car because they for sure know the rules. If they want to purchase a Z/28 and race it, it will have to be compliant and that is their choice and responsibility. I’d argue there aren’t any amateurs out there who are going to buy the Z/28, head straight to an SCCA event only to yell “F***!” when they don’t pass tech inspection, and go bankrupt modifying the “race ready” Z/28. So he takes this point and argues that GM is lying, the ZL1 is an abomination, etc. etc. If you like arguing, by all means…

Nothing wrong with Ford and Mustang enthusiasm and nothing wrong with the Pill – in essence he is one of the internet’s biggest and most outspoken trolls against Chevy / GM / Camaro and people often take the bait. I think he would take this description of him as a compliment. He easily finds support and fuel where he is restricted to now (generally Mustang and Ford forums) but I have to believe he would prefer to feed on the direct response from members of Camaro5 and other similarly GM themed forums instead of having to quote them on another forum.

It’s all in good fun. At the end of the day these arguments are meaningless and with all the other great cars out there being brand loyal to a fault will ultimately lessen your overall automotive experience IMO.
Nicely done.
__________________
2cnd chance is offline  
Old 07-19-2013, 01:37 PM   #91
SEVEN-OH JOE
Account Suspended
 
Drives: some to distraction
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 627
What Happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMZL1 View Post
My take on the Pill is that he knows enough and is reasonably intelligent but has a severe bias / hatred to GM, the Camaro, and Camaro5. He will sometimes sprinkle his facts with a fair level of BS and will (often?) twist the truth to meet his agenda. When you do call him out with a fact check he seems to just move on or answer selectively. He can be quite convincing but his posts should be taken with a grain of salt.

He always goes back to the SCCA legality, etc. with the ZL1 and now Z/28. Personally, this is a non-issue for me with these cars, but perhaps some would care. I’m not sure anyone looking to race in SCCA would be “fooled” into thinking they could drive from the Chevrolet dealer to the track or would care if they had to modify the car because they for sure know the rules. If they want to purchase a Z/28 and race it, it will have to be compliant and that is their choice and responsibility. I’d argue there aren’t any amateurs out there who are going to buy the Z/28, head straight to an SCCA event only to yell “F***!” when they don’t pass tech inspection, and go bankrupt modifying the “race ready” Z/28. So he takes this point and argues that GM is lying, the ZL1 is an abomination, etc. etc. If you like arguing, by all means…

Nothing wrong with Ford and Mustang enthusiasm and nothing wrong with the Pill – in essence he is one of the internet’s biggest and most outspoken trolls against Chevy / GM / Camaro and people often take the bait. I think he would take this description of him as a compliment. He easily finds support and fuel where he is restricted to now (generally Mustang and Ford forums) but I have to believe he would prefer to feed on the direct response from members of Camaro5 and other similarly GM themed forums instead of having to quote them on another forum.

It’s all in good fun. At the end of the day these arguments are meaningless and with all the other great cars out there being brand loyal to a fault will ultimately lessen your overall automotive experience IMO.
Pill started as an earnest man with a passion for good-handling cars, and made many appropriate comments and points about Camaros, and Mustangs, and other makes. I believe he was/is building a Mustang of '05-'10 origins.

Then his back forced him to leave the military. And shortly after that (somewhere in '11 iirc), his mood changed. From that point on, nothing GM or Chevrolet did seemed to be up to his newly-refined standards. Ultimately, he was banned. With cause.

So what happened to affect him so drastically? Perhaps one of his disciples can enlighten us.

Or not.

One thing is for sure. That wonderful smile from his former avatar is no doubt BROADER, with poignant threads such as this, here.
SEVEN-OH JOE is offline  
Old 07-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #92
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years
 
ParisTNDude's Avatar
 
Drives: Garnet red 2016 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Paris, TN
Posts: 2,723
"the Pill" is probably the worlds most fanboyish Mustang fanboy. I had an ongoing debate with him comparing the new 5.0 and the Camaro a couple years ago. He's the guy who swore Chevy could not and would not make a direct injection engine and that the SBC OHV was obsolete. HE USES CAPITAL LETTERS to make his point, like someone really cares. I suppose now that the ZL1 is clearly a better car than the GT500 and the 1LE is a better track car than the Boss 302, he now wants to degrade the Z28 in his own forum to give aid and comfort to the other Mustang fanboys. The other sporty car makers need to catch up with the most sophisticated "pony" track car produced. When the Z28 humiliates the Ford corral of cars at VIR, the Ring, streets of willow, Laguna Seca and others and the magazines start touting it's abilities, the Pill will understand what the Z28 is all about. For now, he's trying to get your goat...don't let him.

If there are some who are intending to buy a Z28 strictly for SCCA track use, they would probably be smart to investigate the rules on their own and not rely on a Mustang fanboy to give them advice.
__________________
SOLD: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Garnet Red Metalic, 8A, NPP, Nav, Sun Roof, upgraded silver wheels, lit door sills, Ash gray interior.

Now driving a 2017 Silverado, Red Hot, 5.3, regular cab, short bed and lovin it. Waiting until later this year to buy a Z16, C5...it's hard to wait.

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto
2002 C5 Corvette 6M
2006 Corvette Auto
ParisTNDude is offline  
Old 07-19-2013, 08:50 PM   #93
*007
 
Drives: Getaway Special
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Globe Trotter - CIU
Posts: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
I've had been in discussions with him till he was banned. My assumption is he's manipulative with a heavy dose of bipolar.
He's where he should be now preaching and lecturing to the lemmings.
Regression to personal attacks due to lack of sound reasoning... About being manipulative.... that's what censorship is! To me it's ok to be a ford fanboy if you are providing foundation. He seemed to have done so 80% of the time. I don't agree with his bashing at times, but I do believe some of that was brought on by dips*%t attacks on him. He still proffered some good stuff that was worthwhile. It's a shame. It took away some boredom. He does have more insight into issues that challenged some of the best on here! Technical aspects of things. Too bad he was booted, but, hey, he probably would have left on his own after a while.
__________________
Sip:
*007 is offline  
Old 07-19-2013, 09:15 PM   #94
backtotintops

 
backtotintops's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 Z/28 0#
Join Date: May 2013
Location: NY
Posts: 773
he can run TOR and be back tomorrow...I'd welcome him.
backtotintops is offline  
Old 07-19-2013, 09:31 PM   #95
Rapid Runner
 
Drives: 2012 Audi TT-RS
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisTNDude View Post
"the Pill" is probably the worlds most fanboyish Mustang fanboy. I had an ongoing debate with him comparing the new 5.0 and the Camaro a couple years ago. He's the guy who swore Chevy could not and would not make a direct injection engine and that the SBC OHV was obsolete. HE USES CAPITAL LETTERS to make his point, like someone really cares. I suppose now that the ZL1 is clearly a better car than the GT500 and the 1LE is a better track car than the Boss 302, he now wants to degrade the Z28 in his own forum to give aid and comfort to the other Mustang fanboys. The other sporty car makers need to catch up with the most sophisticated "pony" track car produced. When the Z28 humiliates the Ford corral of cars at VIR, the Ring, streets of willow, Laguna Seca and others and the magazines start touting it's abilities, the Pill will understand what the Z28 is all about. For now, he's trying to get your goat...don't let him.

If there are some who are intending to buy a Z28 strictly for SCCA track use, they would probably be smart to investigate the rules on their own and not rely on a Mustang fanboy to give them advice.
Well... Camaro forum or not, The fanboys here makes "the pill" post tolerable... the GM kool aid here is mighty strong and needs some sugar

and for that last part... your point is moot
Rapid Runner is offline  
Old 07-19-2013, 09:42 PM   #96
OldScoolCamaro


 
Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Home of the brave
Posts: 4,851
...if you try to swallow the pill, you will get sick, just sayin.....
__________________
In Scott We Trust...all others must show proof.
OldScoolCamaro is offline  
Old 07-19-2013, 11:01 PM   #97
derklug

 
derklug's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Boss 302
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Grand Rapids, Mi
Posts: 1,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...if you try to swallow the pill, you will get sick, just sayin.....
But he will have an even bigger smile.
__________________
The biggest mistakes in life come when you know exactly what you are doing.
derklug is offline  
Old 07-19-2013, 11:04 PM   #98
Fraxum


 
Fraxum's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 A10 ZL1
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Joisey
Posts: 5,918
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
I don't get all the banning on forums. The Pill made some interesting points. Who was he harming? And like all of us he is not always right. So what if he dissed GM products and loves fords? I am not a believer in Censorship and can handle a personal insult or challenge without escalating.

I think the Mustang GT, Boss, and GT500 are all very cool cars that I would own in a second if I could afford two muscle cars or if the Camaro did not exist.

But if this is the Z/28 forum and we have a thread in his name, don't we need him to chime in on the Z/28 again? Sneak in back here and let us know what you think Mr. Pill.
Fraxum is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.