Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-01-2017, 11:44 PM   #15
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Connecticut on the east coast. It's like those jackasses are given left lane privileges at birth. Ugh!!!!!
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 11:51 PM   #16
sdmaro

Drives: 2011 LS Camaro
I get a lot of cars revving and down shifting at me while in 40 mph traffic...

Suspension: BC BR Coilovers

Cosmetics: ZL1 front conversion, AAC plasma afterburners 2.0, GFX rear,

Interior: AAC red footwells, ZL1 shifter boot/knob, suede center console
sdmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 11:56 PM   #17
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
Driver who just have to have their pet dog sitting on their lap while driving, would love to see what poor poochie looks like if they ever have an accident and the air bag go`s off!
mickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 05:46 AM   #18
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Prius'. They suck, their drivers really suck, and they're just so darn smug for no good reason.

Name:  download.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  11.1 KB
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 07:22 AM   #19
ONE-MEAN-2SS/RS
Blackwidow

Drives: 2014 2ss rs black
When people come on the highway from an entrance ramp and they think they have the right of way.
ONE-MEAN-2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 09:12 AM   #20
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
As posted in this thread...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=486737

What grinds my clutch; individuals who attend church at Our Mother Of The Holy Perpetual Blinker, or the Second Church Of The Self Righteous Left Lane Driver, and lastly the Church Of Holy Prius Of Thou Slowest Of All Drivers.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 09:20 AM   #21
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welker2 View Post
I've driven through Texas and other states that have those signs. IMO they are a total waste of tax payer's money ... people just ignore them.
Just like they ignore most all other traffic control signs.. Like no left turn, no U turn, merge, no parking, and 99% of all speed limit signs.. people drive any way they want and then they get pissed at the cops if they get a ticket.
Old 04-02-2017, 09:42 AM   #22
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welker2 View Post
I've driven through Texas and other states that have those signs. IMO they are a total waste of tax payer's money ... people just ignore them.
I LIVED in Texas for almost 30 years. I can tell you that most traffic signs are ignored in ANY state.

It's the law in Colorado too... the most who offend here? Cars/Trucks that have California plates on them.

But I never ignore learning better driving tips!!!!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 10:21 AM   #23
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONE-MEAN-2SS/RS View Post
When people come on the highway from an entrance ramp and they think they have the right of way.
Actually, they do, to a point. The real name for the highway entrance ramp is an acceleration ramp. It there for people to speed up to the highway speed for easier merging. Drivers on the highway, when seeing a car entering the highway should move to the left if possible. If not they should allow the entering car to merge. Of course if that entering driver is an idiot, and stops at the highway, they're on their own.

That said, mine are the folks that choose to forego the line of cars in the exit lane, speed up to the exit and expect people to let them over, all the while blocking the forward moving right lane of the highway.

Or folks that realize at the last minute that they need that exit and cross multiple lanes. If you're in the left lane and are about to miss your exit, keep going, take the next exit and double back, it's the price of not paying attention.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 10:24 AM   #24
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
No turn signals (nobody hardly uses them in texas especially Houston), left lane slow pokes that drive right at or maybe 5 over speed limit and refuse to get over although there is room.

People who merge 15-20 mph under the flow of traffic

People who merge onto the freeway and literally stop and wait for an opening instead of merging on

When I'm driving at (my normal) freeway speed and some moron decides to jump in front of me usually going 15-20 mph slower for absolutely no reason at all.

On a merge where it has it's own lane and NO STOP OR YEILD SIGN, the jackass in front comes to a complete stop holding up traffic for no reason when there is a full open lane dedicated to keep traffic moving but they hold up traffic trying to merge to the next lane. (I go thru this everyday going to my gym at this one intersection) .

People slamming on their brakes in any lane when they see a cop! And usually afraid to pass him smh

People in fast lane going slow and when you move to go around them they mysteriously haul ass all of a sudden. This is why I love having my camaro ss or my 5.7 tundra hint hint.
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 12:58 PM   #25
Frank237

Drives: Kubota 2640, 83 BMW R-65, 2017 1 SS
Three weeks back drove from MT to No Cal and back. Week later drove from MT to South Jersey and back two weeks later. Just got home.

My biggest bitch are the TOLL ROADS. Illinois...A toll every 10-15 miles. And yet they have shitty roads!?!?

Indiana.... In the western part of the state a road construction area every 10 miles or so, lasting 8-12 miles. At 45 MPH!!! Really! Forty five is all that's deemed SAFE despite ZERO WORK going on?? Another toll road debacle.

Ohio...Most of it beautiful three lane roadway, smooth and safe. NO issues with Ohio. Other than their Troopers are a bit too enthusiastic to enforce their 70 mph limit. Autobahn like roads...at seventy!

PA. Much of the PA Turnpike is shitty roads, and the toll west to east almost $45. Then one passes a HUGE building off the tollway. Guess What? THAT is the PA TOLLWAY HQ. Stop wasting money on a few hundred employees and fix your shitty roads.

Didn't WE the taxpayers at one time already PAY for these roads?? The Eisenhower Interstate System Project .

New Jersey. Don't even start me. At least they have good pizza.

Several times on the west to east trip I hit potholes or super rough roads in construction zones. And I wondered had I been in the Camaro... Would I have survived that without damage?

Rebuild our roads Trump!
Frank237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 01:24 PM   #26
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONE-MEAN-2SS/RS View Post
I hear ya. Vehicles on the entrance ramp DO NOT have the right of way (as in a "Yield" situation). They are required to "Merge" with the flow of traffic. That may mean speed up, or slow down, which ever it takes for them to "blend into" the flow. As someone driving on the main road... always assume those entering from the ramp have no idea what "merge" means or how to do it.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 01:53 PM   #27
h422694

Drives: '16 Z06 7 Spd, 2024 High Country HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
I hear ya. Vehicles on the entrance ramp DO NOT have the right of way (as in a "Yield" situation). They are required to "Merge" with the flow of traffic.
US Interstate traffic rules include - 'Merging motorists "shall" yield the right-of-way to existing traffic and adjust their speed accordingly. Failure to do so can constitute a civil infraction'. A large percentage of ramps now have 'yield' signs to address this issue.
h422694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 02:12 PM   #28
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank237 View Post
PA. Much of the PA Turnpike is shitty roads, and the toll west to east almost $45. Then one passes a HUGE building off the tollway. Guess What? THAT is the PA TOLLWAY HQ. Stop wasting money on a few hundred employees and fix your shitty roads.
It's not so much the building and turnpike employees that are leaving the turnpike crappy, it's the stealing of the money for whatever government pet project whichever politician can get their hands on the money, is what is leaving the turnpike as a pile of crap. Then at the end of the year they say there isn't enough money to fix the turnpike so they raise the tolls again.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote