Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 11-19-2009, 04:42 PM   #15
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro

Drives: 2007 Chevy Trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5thgen View Post
If you take Main to Hovey going toward downtown Bloomington and make a right by the Pikes house it's one block over. The houses across from the pikes back there yards up to it.
That place has some GREAT potential for pics! There are big dumpsters on the back side of the building, semi-tractor trailers line the back side of the lot... They will make for some great pics if all that is still there..
Quote:
Originally Posted by first one View Post
I've been to Bloomington, IL for an STP concert a year ago and it's not that far and a nice drive. I would be up for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie1978 View Post
Count me in!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marley. View Post
I would definitely be in since I live right in the area. 25 minute drive for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by morri7bf View Post
For sure be up for it as long as mine is here by then!
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplhaizcraz3 View Post
If this gets organized, I'll for sure be there.
LOOKS like I need to go ahead and see what it will take to get this thing organized, AWESOME!!!

I am SUPER excited!!! And I don't even own a camaro! :(

I LOVE GM vehicles, and particularly Chevy's, but would buy any GM vehicle if I had the $$...Hopefully, one day, soon enough, a 5th Gen CAMARO! Dave_O
Dave_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 04:53 PM   #16
bbossman

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/Rs
I would be interested if you put it together Im only about an hour away in Springfield.
bbossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 04:56 PM   #17
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbossman View Post
I would be interested if you put it together Im only about an hour away in Springfield.
I may have driven past you when I was in Springfield about a month ago now...That is if you had it then... But AWESOME!

I LOVE GM vehicles, and particularly Chevy's, but would buy any GM vehicle if I had the $$...Hopefully, one day, soon enough, a 5th Gen CAMARO! Dave_O
Old 11-19-2009, 10:29 PM   #18
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
Dave if you need any help organizing let me know. I'm going to make it a C5G event, I think a lot of guys will want to cruise down. Let's set up a date. Can you imagine 10 or more 5th gens running down I-55 together?
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:38 PM   #19
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro

Quote:
Dave if you need any help organizing let me know. I'm going to make it a C5G event, I think a lot of guys will want to cruise down. Let's set up a date. Can you imagine 10 or more 5th gens running down I-55 together?
THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!! And that was actually going to be my next post! Is when does everyone think a good time would be? Before or after the C5F in GA in April? I will be back home (Chicago) sometime tomorrow and for all of next week, but I think I am going to drive around and see where the best spot would be to meet. Right now I have a few ideas...but want to scope out more...
And ANY and ALL help would be appreciated, I have only ever been to cruise nights before, so I am not really sure what all we could have going on, or what people would like to have going on... But I figure organizing this will be good practice for my major, which is Small Business Management!

Old 11-20-2009, 07:56 PM   #20
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro

I did a quick survey of places that have decent sized lots that are not usually full, and there are two places on Veterans that I think would be good, Famous Daves, across from Lemans Chevy, or Ruby Tuesday by Donnie B's Funny Bone... I will take pics of the lots when I get back for people to compare, and will also look for other potential spots...

Old 11-20-2009, 08:09 PM   #21
Orange5thGen

Drives: 2011 Convert
Send a message via Yahoo to Orange5thGen
I'm in, when will it be???
Orange5thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:45 PM   #22
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange5thGen View Post
I'm in, when will it be???
Have yet to set a date, but sometime in the spring. I am thinking maybe Saturday March 13th? Or maybe the Saturday May 8th? I haven't done anything yet besides throw the idea out there, and look for potential sites for the event. Any ideas, suggestions, etc ARE WELCOME! I am open to any and all comments.

Old 11-23-2009, 10:27 AM   #23
bbossman

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/Rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_O View Post
I may have driven past you when I was in Springfield about a month ago now...That is if you had it then... But AWESOME!
Yep Ive had mine 2 months now. Its the only RJT SS/RS with White Rally stripes and ground effects around!
bbossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:21 PM   #24
marley.
OCD

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_O View Post
Have yet to set a date, but sometime in the spring. I am thinking maybe Saturday March 13th? Or maybe the Saturday May 8th? I haven't done anything yet besides throw the idea out there, and look for potential sites for the event. Any ideas, suggestions, etc ARE WELCOME! I am open to any and all comments.
March is a little too early man. There could potentially still be snow falling. I would say shoot for April or May. A lot of guys wont even have summer wheels back on by March. As far as places to have it you should try and work with a business that is down with letting us use some of their lot. When I used to have my Charger we once held a huge meet at the Interstate Center but that involved an entry fee. Honestly I think we could make this thing really huge because it would be a great centerpoint for a Midwest meet. I want to go to Georgia but 14 hours sounds like too far to drive. If there are others thinking the same thing then we could make this the Midwest meet.
marley. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:22 PM   #25
marley.
OCD

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Can you imagine 10 or more 5th gens running down I-55 together?
Dude its awesome rolling in a pack like that. When I used to have my Charger we would roll to shows in packs of 20-30 cars and it was incredible. Total rush.
marley. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:51 PM   #26
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbossman View Post
Yep Ive had mine 2 months now. Its the only RJT SS/RS with White Rally stripes and ground effects around!
NICE!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marley. View Post
March is a little too early man. There could potentially still be snow falling. I would say shoot for April or May. A lot of guys wont even have summer wheels back on by March. As far as places to have it you should try and work with a business that is down with letting us use some of their lot. When I used to have my Charger we once held a huge meet at the Interstate Center but that involved an entry fee. Honestly I think we could make this thing really huge because it would be a great centerpoint for a Midwest meet. I want to go to Georgia but 14 hours sounds like too far to drive. If there are others thinking the same thing then we could make this the Midwest meet.
Yea, thats what I was thinking, but through the March one out there because that would be the weekend I headed back from Spring Break.. But like I said before, I am up for any and all suggestions because I have never been a part of one before. I don't have a camaro, and more than likely won't once the time comes, but want to put this together because I LOVE the camaro that much! And I plan on going to GA, just talked to my dad about it actually... But, this is one of the reasons I started this thread now, to get the word out and see when would be a better time for everyone and to get the max # of Camaro's out there! And thats one thing I did before I left down there for Thanksgiving break, drove around to see some potential hosts that had decent sized lots... Don't want to start making any decisions on places quite yet, especially since there is no established date yet... But THANK YOU for the info!!!

Old 11-23-2009, 05:27 PM   #27
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
What about that huge parking lot by the Burger King on Veterans. The only that always has the Halloween store. Or maybe the parking lot by Turner if we could get some help from ISU.
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 06:23 PM   #28
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro

Quote:
What about that huge parking lot by the Burger King on Veterans. The only that always has the Halloween store. Or maybe the parking lot by Turner if we could get some help from ISU.
That's actually a REALLY good idea!!! I think I will talk to the Parking and Transpo people at the school when I get back, throw my idea out there, and see what they say!! If it were that Saturday in May that I had said, there may be a lot of people there, that is the saturday after Finals...or for some the last day of Finals....

and the big lot across from burger king on veterans is what I considered the Ruby Tuesday lot...its right in that little run down strip mall

Tags
bloomington-normal il, camaro, meet