Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-09-2010, 10:49 PM   #113
TRooper
Resident Stormtrooper

Drives: Creations n' Chrome Red Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgenz28 View Post
Its a new time line, that's why.

Think back to the future after Biff stole the time machine.

Last edited by TRooper; 08-09-2010 at 11:32 PM.
TRooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:58 PM   #114
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Kirk was a total stud. Riker was in the same mold. Janeway was a joke along with that Deep Space Nine dude. Picard grew on me and was a great character. I never watched Enterprise. I lost interest in it all years ago. But you can't deny the iconic nature of Star Trek. Cudos to Rodenbury or whatever his name is.

I just don't have the desire for another movie. I'm sure I'll watch it at some point just not look forward to it.
PQ, did you like the new movie?
Old 08-09-2010, 11:03 PM   #115
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Red face

Quote:
Its a new time line, that's why.

Think back to the future after Biff stole the time machine.
Is that a riff on my user name ? just kidding, I'm still your friend .
Old 08-09-2010, 11:27 PM   #116
mastertypodemon
Late Night Crew

Drives: 2010 SIM 1LT
Quote:
I just happen to watch the latest movie last night and realized why they were in Iowa for Kirk to be so close to where they building those things, vast miles of un populated flat ground.

Dunno why it never clicked before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave McFly View Post
as much as i loved the new movie the 'new' ship is SO big how the hell did they get it off of the planet's surface? also the 60s enterprise and the 'refit' in the move were only about 300 feet long end to end, and the Enterprise D was over 1000 feet long (you could place both the old enterprise within the diameter of the 'D' saucer section .
I've asked both of those questions many times and can never get a "suitable" or "reasonable" answer.

I did hear once, relating to the size of the new ship, that there was a scaling issue with the shuttle bay. JJ designed the shuttle scene separate of many other scenes, then someone noticed that the scale size didn't match the shuttle bay and the ship. So JJ merely double the stated size of the ship to 1000ft (or meters, whichever). Someone figured out that the bridge bubble is supposed to be just the bridge, but under the new dimensions, the bridge bubble is now 3 or 4 decks high.
mastertypodemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:37 PM   #117
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Quote:
Is that a riff on my user name ? just kidding, I'm still your friend .
Funny that I didn't even notice that.........

Hello; McFly
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:52 PM   #118
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastertypodemon View Post
I've asked both of those questions many times and can never get a "suitable" or "reasonable" answer.

I did hear once, relating to the size of the new ship, that there was a scaling issue with the shuttle bay. JJ designed the shuttle scene separate of many other scenes, then someone noticed that the scale size didn't match the shuttle bay and the ship. So JJ merely double the stated size of the ship to 1000ft (or meters, whichever). Someone figured out that the bridge bubble is supposed to be just the bridge, but under the new dimensions, the bridge bubble is now 3 or 4 decks high.
I didn't put that much thought into it, being a different time line, anything could change. Another time line the ship could be the size of a VW and people only inches high.

The time line change makes any and all changes without good reason, acceptable to me.

Like the Next Gen episode where they were 100s of Enterprise's and they had to get Warf back to his right ship. And they had to blow up and kill all those from the time line where the Borg ruled the galaxy.

Who knows, in this time line the Borg could be part of the peacful federation.
And the founders are used to fill baby rectal thermometers

And maybe Klingon's will go back to being white guys with beards

Anything is now possiable and acceptable in an alternate time line.

Old 08-10-2010, 12:16 AM   #119
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Thumbs up

I just remember from my Star Trek The Next Generation Technical Manual (yes, I have one, got it at a yard sale for a buck!) which has TONS of what makes the Enterprise D 'tick'. and in it they have the evolution of the different ships and they said that the TOS and movie ships were about 3-400 feet (but it could have been meters and they put feet instead by accident) and the Excelsior class 'B' was even bigger almost 1000 feet long, then the Ambassador class 'C' was the same size as the 'B', and the Galaxy class 'D' was the biggest at over 1100 feet. and in the pics you could see that the Kirk era ships could rest in the middle of the 'D' saucer. I am sure the '2009 movie' Enterprise is MUCH bigger scale, hell the 'engineering' section was filmed in a BREWERY, that's a lot of floor space .

Dave "proud of his dorky heritage!" McFly
Old 08-10-2010, 01:26 AM   #120
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Quote:
I just remember from my Star Trek The Next Generation Technical Manual (yes, I have one, got it at a yard sale for a buck!) which has TONS of what makes the Enterprise D 'tick'. and in it they have the evolution of the different ships and they said that the TOS and movie ships were about 3-400 feet (but it could have been meters and they put feet instead by accident) and the Excelsior class 'B' was even bigger almost 1000 feet long, then the Ambassador class 'C' was the same size as the 'B', and the Galaxy class 'D' was the biggest at over 1100 feet. and in the pics you could see that the Kirk era ships could rest in the middle of the 'D' saucer. I am sure the '2009 movie' Enterprise is MUCH bigger scale, hell the 'engineering' section was filmed in a BREWERY, that's a lot of floor space .

Real dorks read the Star Trek paperback novels
http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/v6...-all-over.html

----------------------------------------------
"In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate.
In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law.
To pursue... natural justice.
This is not vengeance.
Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response.
No, not vengeance.
Punishment."
Old 08-10-2010, 01:31 AM   #121
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Real Geeks have read "How much for just the Planet", the best Star Trek book EVER!
Old 08-10-2010, 09:22 AM   #122
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Thumbs up

Quote:
i have read some of them, even the ones the Shat wrote .
Old 08-10-2010, 11:31 AM   #123
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
Quote:

Too bad they didn't leave beer (or whatever they were brewing) in all those tubes!!
Old 08-10-2010, 11:39 AM   #124
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa View Post
Too bad they didn't leave beer (or whatever they were brewing) in all those tubes!!
If ya watch the extra stuff all those clear tubes were CGI only 1 small section was real. The very first one.

All the pipes n giant tanks were full of beer n beer makin mix at Budwiser

Also that long hall way was at Bud's plant when they find Scotty......
Old 08-10-2010, 12:13 PM   #125
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
Quote:
If ya watch the extra stuff all those clear tubes were CGI only 1 small section was real. The very first one.

All the pipes n giant tanks were full of beer n beer makin mix at Budwiser

Also that long hall way was at Bud's plant when they find Scotty......
Well that's no fun for Scotty if that tank was just "water" LOL!!!

I haven't watched the extras - I actually have it on blue-ray for the extras (YAY Trek Geek - my first and only blue-ray movie) but haven't watched...somedays I just want to pretend it's all real....

j/k LOL!!!
Old 08-10-2010, 10:22 PM   #126
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
I didn't put that much thought into it, being a different time line, anything could change. Another time line the ship could be the size of a VW and people only inches high.

The time line change makes any and all changes without good reason, acceptable to me.

Like the Next Gen episode where they were 100s of Enterprise's and they had to get Warf back to his right ship. And they had to blow up and kill all those from the time line where the Borg ruled the galaxy.

Who knows, in this time line the Borg could be part of the peacful federation.
And the founders are used to fill baby rectal thermometers

And maybe Klingon's will go back to being white guys with beards

Anything is now possiable and acceptable in an alternate time line.
F that. Simple virus and that will be it for them.