Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 06-06-2014, 07:59 PM   #15
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
Gonna stop by in the morning and take a look.. Bought 5 cars from Rick Hendricks Chevrolet.. 2 in Duluth and 3 in Buford.. Pretty good people over there... gonna see if I can get a test drive..
TEST DRIVE!
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:19 PM   #16
Mikebrinda

Drives: Ferrari F430 Spider F1 Azzurro Arge
Quote:
Originally Posted by AG1LE View Post
I've seen pictures of the Z/28 before seeing this one in person, but somehow didn't realize how much the front tires stick out even with the extensions.
One reason I ordered black was to mask the visual effect of some of the prominent pieces that stand out more in other base colors.
Mikebrinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:33 PM   #17
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikebrinda View Post
One reason I ordered black was to mask the visual effect of some of the prominent pieces that stand out more in other base colors.
I'd wanna see the Trofeo's!
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 09:24 PM   #18
McRat

Drives: 2010 ZR1 "Satan"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blownhotrodder View Post
I looked at it the 27th so its been sitting outside longer than a week. Wonder if they had fixed the left rear tire that had a huge screw puncture. Ouch. Don't look much different than my 1LE and the 427 motor is nothing new. Guess I just don't get the buzz regarding the Z. The ZL1 seems like a much better car to get at a cheaper price.
Yes the 427 is very old. Mid 1960's? So is the concept of the Z/28 track car, same era.

The new Z/28 is simply a wake up call to the auto mfrs. "Knock, Knock! Who's there? Old School. Old School who? Old School who ownz you!"

I ordered a Z/28 not only because what IS there, but what ISN'T there.

If you don't understand, that's OK. It's not a car for the masses. It's a car for the hardcore.
2010 ZR1 "Satan" no times yet.
2013 Volt SCCA Solo2 #771 HS3.
And a bunch of Duramaxes.
McRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 09:44 PM   #19
partymn

Drives: 2014 1ss 1LE
"Good people down there"

Are you kidding? They put a $7,000 mark up on the car because its a Z/28. Thats not an indication of good people at all. Same thing happened when the 2010 came out, straight bull sh@&. The two that are in the Charleston, SC area are both listed at GM MSRP. The one at Hendrick sold for 74K because they honored a GM discount. They are good people.
Old 06-06-2014, 10:13 PM   #20
1bad1le

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Who's this Mcrat guy?

05smoker here.
1bad1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 12:52 AM   #21
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:
good luck
You would be surprised.. I know people at both locations.. My daughter use work there as well and I test drove many cars on Sundays..
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 01:24 AM   #22
sonnydurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by partymn View Post
"Good people down there"

Are you kidding? They put a $7,000 mark up on the car because its a Z/28. Thats not an indication of good people at all. Same thing happened when the 2010 came out, straight bull sh@&. The two that are in the Charleston, SC area are both listed at GM MSRP. The one at Hendrick sold for 74K because they honored a GM discount. They are good people.
I have always received good pricing on all of the cars I purchased there.. I have a GM supplier # and used it with combination of current rebates at that time.. They have always been very accommodating.. I know they have a dealer installed options that raises the price.. This is common in many dealerships.. They have the $7000.00 in that area but doesn't specify what it is.. For example: I picked out my wife's 2014 Camaro 1LT off of the GM Supplier website.. Added the RS package and the GM website matched the vin with a Camaro at Rick Hendricks.. Even though they added options, they honored the price from the GM website.. So they basically ate the cost of their dealer installed options...

Last edited by sonnydurden; 06-07-2014 at 02:19 AM.
Old 06-07-2014, 01:53 AM   #23
Rico
Flying da helicopter

Drives: Black SS/RS
That car is so sexy!
Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 04:04 AM   #24
Camaroman_99

Drives: 2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
That is definitely a beautful machine!!
Old 06-07-2014, 08:49 AM   #25
AG1LE

Drives: '14 1LE
Quote:
You would be surprised.. I know people at both locations.. My daughter use work there as well and I test drove many cars on Sundays..

That would be awesome...I'm jealous...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AG1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 08:58 AM   #26
Xlr8ion

Drives: 2013 Cayenne GTS
Quote:
I have always received good pricing on all of the cars I purchased there.. I have a GM supplier # and used it with combination of current rebates at that time.. They have always been very accommodating.. I know they have a dealer installed options that raises the price.. This is common in many dealerships.. They have the $7000.00 in that area but doesn't specify what it is.. For example: I picked out my wife's 2014 Camaro 1LT off of the GM Supplier website.. Added the RS package and the GM website matched the vin with a Camaro at Rick Hendricks.. Even though they added options, they honored the price from the GM website.. So they basically ate the cost of their dealer installed options...
Big deal was not a low volume car.
Xlr8ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 12:45 PM   #27
sonnydurden

Quote:
That would be awesome...I'm jealous...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like the fact that they have it outside makes me think it's test drive-able.. I remember when they had a white Vette ZR1 on the showroom and nobody could test drive it.. Had to buy it first.. I would think the Z/28 would be on the show room floor..
Old 06-07-2014, 01:07 PM   #28
sonnydurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xlr8ion View Post
Big deal was not a low volume car.
My point is go in and see what they can do.. All cars with high anticipation releases has some mark up if they are in high demand.. Doesn't make them a bad dealership.. And $1500 in dealer options waived is a big deal to me..