Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-12-2011, 11:16 PM   #1
Goliath

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS L99 A6
Cruise Control problem - self disengaged

Today, while cruising at 70mph in my 1SS Auto V8 with cruise control on, my cruise control disengaged by itself without me touching anything. I then would turn engage cruise control "on" and a few minutes later, it would turn itself "off". This happened back and forward for 4-5 times until I've had enough and decided to turn the cruise control completely off.

5 hours later on the way home, I had decided to test out the cruise control again. This time it worked normally without any problems.

Has anyone experiencing this problem before and how did you fix it?

Goliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:06 PM   #2
LimaCharlie

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS - 2004 Silverado
My 2004 Silverado shuts the cruise control off sometimes if I hit a bumpy part of the road on the highway. I could never figure out why it does this. I think the sudden shock in the suspension makes the brake pedal "hop" a little and disengages the cruise control.

2004 Black Silverado 1500 2WD Regular Cab, Short Bed
-5.3 LM7, 4L60E, 3.42, G80

2014 White Caprice PPV
-6.0 L77, 6L80E, 2.92, G80
LimaCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:41 AM   #3
Goliath

It happened again two days ago. I'm sure others are experiencing the cruise control problem but not speaking up. I hope there is a TSB to fix this, it's annoying not be able to use cruise control on a long road trip. Some will never use cruise control due to the high traffics in their surrounding areas.

Old 02-19-2011, 07:07 PM   #4
camaro5

Drives: X-15 Velocipede
Check the brake disengagement switch - it's probably too tight.
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:47 AM   #5
Goliath

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro5 View Post
Check the brake disengagement switch - it's probably too tight.
Good point. I drove a very long trip yesterday using cruise control 90% of the time and nothing was acting up. So this is very weird, I hope the problem won't come back.

Old 02-26-2011, 03:30 AM   #6
Becca
Frog

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
OMG...been having the same problem recently. Went up to atlanta and whenever I put the cruise control on (speed control as I call/use it lolz) it will randomly disengage itself. I do notice that especially bumpy parts of i75 would cause it to disengage but other times it was smooth sailing and it would do it...also when i would try to put it back on it would not work and I would have to wait about 30 min or so before I could turn it back on. I thought it might be loose wiring due to mods that have been done and the steering colum and dash being taken off a few times but now that I see others are having the same issue maybe it isn't that?! Will have to take to dealer :( if it happens again on a trip i use cc for and see what they say...grrrr

IYAAYAS
Becca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:15 PM   #7
Goliath

That makes two of us so far are having the issue.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:47 PM   #8
2010_BumbleBee
2010 Camaro SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
My 2004 Silverado shuts the cruise control off sometimes if I hit a bumpy part of the road on the highway. I could never figure out why it does this. I think the sudden shock in the suspension makes the brake pedal "hop" a little and disengages the cruise control.

See if the BRAKE LIGHTS are coming on! I had the SAME problem in my F450 repo truck and noticed when I hit a bump the lights would flash. Hooked a spring to the brake pedal and PRESTO, no flashing brake lights!
2010_BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:32 AM   #9
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Goliath and Becca, I would like to direct message the two of you about this issue. Thank you for your time.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:03 PM   #10
Blitzman
173rd Paratrooper

Drives: Summit White SS
Also having this issue since last December. Anytime I'm on I10 driving SA -> Houston I try and engage the cruise control, it either A) Just doesnt engage or B) Randomly disengages and sometimes wont let me re-engage for 15-30 minutes.
American Racing Headers
Thunder Racing Cam
Walker Bullet Exhaust
DSS 1400hp Axles
Barton Industries Shifter
ADM Boost/AFR Gauges
Blitzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:23 AM   #11
a.morblu

Drives: 2011 Sinister SS
I'm currenlt having the exact same issue in my 11 1SS/RS manual. Mine simply doesn't engage. Over the last couple months its happening just about every drive that I use CC. I have notice it more at night than through the day. If I travel around dusk it seems to be fine and works everytime. If I start my drive at night it will never engage though. Has anyone found a cause to this?
a.morblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:04 AM   #12
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.morblu View Post
I'm currenlt having the exact same issue in my 11 1SS/RS manual. Mine simply doesn't engage. Over the last couple months its happening just about every drive that I use CC. I have notice it more at night than through the day. If I travel around dusk it seems to be fine and works everytime. If I start my drive at night it will never engage though. Has anyone found a cause to this?
We definitely recommend taking it to a dealership if you feel this may be a concern. The service department should be able to pinpoint the issue. Please let us know if this is a route you decide to take!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 06-25-2013, 08:24 AM   #13
2SS BUMBLBE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS/L99
Similar problem started today (25 Jun 13) in my 2010 2SS/RS. I was on the way to work and every time I engaged the CC, it almost immediately disengaged. Figures the warranty ran out this past April. Rrrrrrrr....
2SS BUMBLBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:59 PM   #14
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS BUMBLBE View Post
Similar problem started today (25 Jun 13) in my 2010 2SS/RS. I was on the way to work and every time I engaged the CC, it almost immediately disengaged. Figures the warranty ran out this past April. Rrrrrrrr....

Hello 2SS BUMBLBE,

Sorry you're having an issue with your CC. I would like to look into your situation further for you if possible. If you could, pleases private message me you're VIN and current mileage and I will see what information I have that will help. I will update you from there.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care