Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-23-2013, 12:43 AM   #1
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Why can't I sell my car?

Here is my sale thread. Reasons I am selling it are in the thread before you ask here.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272438

I have posted it 3 times on ebay... and lowered it from $31,000 to $28,000. Am I asking too much? Completely stock 2010 Camaros with similar mileage are listed at that price. I would think I could get more than a stock Camaro, but obviously not. What am I doing wrong? Lol Opinions welcome...

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:51 AM   #2
jameslk55

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS, 2005 SLK55 AMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post
Here is my sale thread. Reasons I am selling it are in the thread before you ask here.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272438

I have posted it 3 times on ebay... and lowered it from $31,000 to $28,000. Am I asking too much? Completely stock 2010 Camaros with similar mileage are listed at that price. I would think I could get more than a stock Camaro, but obviously not. What am I doing wrong? Lol Opinions welcome...
Modding your car does not increase the value of your car. It might actually lower the value of your car if you try to trade it in. You're comparing your car to stock Camaros, which most people are interested in. The modifications that you have performed on your car is something that you like but perhaps something that other people do not wish to purchase. There's a ton of used car pricing sites out there but just plugging your car's info into one of them says the private party sale price is about $24K.
jameslk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:55 AM   #3
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameslk350 View Post
Modding your car does not increase the value of your car. It might actually lower the value of your car if you try to trade it in. You're comparing your car to stock Camaros, which most people are interested in. The modifications that you have performed on your car is something that you like but perhaps something that other people do not wish to purchase. There's a ton of used car pricing sites out there but just plugging your car's info into one of them says the private party sale price is about $24K.
Trust me it's more than 24k

OP post it on autotrader.com for 29k...I've never not had a car sold on there. I've sold 4. I think it cost like $30 bucks to list it.

Would you consider selling me your engine cover and fuse box cover
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:00 AM   #4
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
Trust me it's more than 24k

OP post it on autotrader.com for 29k...I've never not had a car sold on there. I've sold 4. I think it cost like $30 bucks to list it.

Would you consider selling me your engine cover and fuse box cover
Just strip the car and sell it for parts and make a bigger profit.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:01 AM   #5
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Man I wish you lived closer...I'd buy it
Old 02-23-2013, 01:01 AM   #6
TaylorRyanSS

Lol it's worth way more then 24k. I am not trading it in. I know some people don't want a modded car, but for the people that do I think 28k is an awesome deal. I guess I'll try autotrader. I was thinking of returning it back to stock, but I don't have the stock parts so I'd have to buy them.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
Old 02-23-2013, 01:02 AM   #7
chaoscamaro

Drives: 2011 camaro ss2 I.O. M6
Damn that is a nice car

Posted from Camaro5.com App for Android
chaoscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:02 AM   #8
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post
Lol it's worth way more then 24k. I am not trading it in. I know some people don't want a modded car, but for the people that do I think 28k is an awesome deal. I guess I'll try autotrader.
28k is an amazing deal. People just don't know what they are looking at on Ebay lol.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:13 AM   #9
UCI CamaroFan
Zot!

Drives: Toyota 4Runner
So you're in the market for a 1969 camaro? I have been looking around for one too, and I have about 60k saved up for one. The problem is that a lot of them are junk and overpriced.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:14 AM   #10
TaylorRyanSS

I have about $0 saved up for one. I am getting one but not yet.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:20 AM   #11
UCI CamaroFan
Zot!

Drives: Toyota 4Runner
Hah, you can probably get one for cheap if you know how to do body work, and replace the sheet metal yourself.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:31 AM   #12
Emig5m
100% Sport Møde

Drives: '17 Civic SI + '04 SVT Lightning
Well my opinion why you cant sell your car is that you're not a dealer that can accept trade-ins and financing on the spot not to mention some type of dealer backed warranty/guarantee and not many people have that amount of loose cash laying around to dump all at one shot and the people who do will not be looking in the used market and will be buying brand new anyway. In fact, when I look at Autotrader for newer cars I only look at dealer ads so I have the option to trade in and financing. Sorry but dropping nearly 30k to some random person over a large dealer with some financial backing is very risky. That's why you're not selling it easy IMO. The time of year doesn't help either.
Emig5m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:33 AM   #13
bannonm

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 VR
"Never been dyoned or tuned so it does have a CEL on. The shop said once it gets tuned it will go away... or you could swap the performance parts back to stock."

That would turn me off. Trying to sell a car with a code thrown would scare the average novice away. I would put the stock manifolds back on, clear the code, and leave it at that.

Wished you were closer, I'd buy the F14s off you and give you my polished ones.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:40 AM   #14
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Your price is fair. I don't think that is why it's not selling. The reason is the car is modded. Folks seem in general to be afraid to purchase a modded car for several reasons: suspect that the car was raced / beaten, worried about voided warranty, worried whether or not mods were properly chosen and installed correctly, and they are afraid to buy somebody else's headache.

I went through the same thing trying to sell my modded SS, bone stock higher mileaged vehicles were selling for more than my car with nearly 10k of mods in it. After getting little to no interest in the car I finally found a dealer willing to accept it in trade for a higher priced vehicle. The car sat on his lot for months after our deal, nobody would buy it due to warranty issues.

You have a really nice car there and it should be worth more. Best of luck to you.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote