Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 10-29-2014, 12:32 AM   #1
Teebsa

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS M6
SATX Guys....Three Sister's Run?

As a new owner just dying to stretch the legs out on this thing, I was looking around for a fun place to go play.

A buddy of mine mentioned this, he did this run on a bike and said it's by far one of the best loops in Tx. It has a massive following among the 2 wheeled community and looks like a blast.

It's about a 100 mi loop located around the Leakey, Tx area. It's a bit of drive from SA, but looks like it's worth the trip.

Not sure how many SA guys we have here, but thought it would be fun to take a small group out there.

Would anyone be interested?
Teebsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 06:36 AM   #2
txthunder

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS White with Beige Top
The San Antonio Camaro Club is planning to do a 3 Sister run middle to late November. PM me if you want to join in.
txthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 07:18 PM   #3
jkchambless
Austin LT

Drives: 1LT - Airaid,JBA Axleback,VMax PTB
Let me know, too.......great run I haven't done inn a while.
jkchambless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:32 PM   #4
PonyKiller74

Drives: 2012 Triple Black ZL1 M6
Send a message via AIM to PonyKiller74 Send a message via Yahoo to PonyKiller74
I can't wait to do that run. I missed the last. Awesome hill country cruisin
CenterForce DYAD Dual Disc Clutch, JDP stage 2 Clutch Reservoir, Rotofab CF CAI with Big Gulp and WW Reservoir Relocate, Stainess Works LT Headers and Retro Cat-Back with Cat Delete, MGW ST Shifter with custom Knob, CF Tail light Bezels, more to come...
Build Thread for my Z is in the works.....
PonyKiller74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 11:16 PM   #5
satxrider
Bad 45th

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversay Edition SS
What pace would SACC be going on the ride? Relaxed or Spirited?
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger / Alky Meth Injection / Lingenfelter GT12 Cam / Kooks LT Headers, 3 inch exhaust & QTP electric cut outs / Monster LT1-S Twin Disc Clutch / MGW flat blade short throw shifter / Haltech CAI / VMax Throttle Body / DSS Stage 3 axles/ BMR Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Suspension Bushing and 1" lowering springs / Taylor 8MM Plug Wires / Tuned by Henderson Performance Technologies / EBC dimpled and sloted rotors / G2 Painted Calipers / GM Tower Strut Brace / ZL1 Factory Rep Wheels
satxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 06:02 PM   #6
LuckyZL-1
Ragtop Rocket!!!

Drives: Black on Black Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by satxrider View Post
What pace would SACC be going on the ride? Relaxed or Spirited?
I just rode it two weeks ago on my scooter and it was crawling with troopers. I think they have pretty much cracked down on most of the spirited drivers. Besides there are areas that can be dangerous. I do the sisters mainly for the ride and fresh air than the twistys too many bikes and they do hate to get blown by (tires throw up a lot of rocks) I've seen bikers cuss a guy out at the next town for overtaking at a high rate of speed. Too many people too small a road. Especially on weekends. I do like the hi-res photos that the guy takes on the side of the mountain. I buy them all the time!
ADM custom cam, LPE stage 2 heads with dual valve springs, LS-3 ported throttle body, LPE 2 piece pulley, LPE overdrive balancer, 10% overdrive pulley, ported supercharger inlet, ADM race intake system, stainless works 1-7/8 headers, Injector Dynamics injectors, ADM heat exchanger, ADM dual fuel pump system, ADM exhaust switch, ADM 3 tunes tuning package.
744rwhp 727rwtq
LuckyZL-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:02 PM   #7
12blkgrayRS

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS 2LT 6spd man
My son crashed my Harley last summer up there, he was life flighted to San Antonio. I was on my Yamaha. The Harley couldn't hold the corners and it went off the road.
12blkgrayRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:43 PM   #8
satxrider
Bad 45th

The sport bikes usually drive the route between 7:00 and 11:00 to miss the traffic and patrols. I would never drive the route after 12:00.
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger / Alky Meth Injection / Lingenfelter GT12 Cam / Kooks LT Headers, 3 inch exhaust & QTP electric cut outs / Monster LT1-S Twin Disc Clutch / MGW flat blade short throw shifter / Haltech CAI / VMax Throttle Body / DSS Stage 3 axles/ BMR Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Suspension Bushing and 1" lowering springs / Taylor 8MM Plug Wires / Tuned by Henderson Performance Technologies / EBC dimpled and sloted rotors / G2 Painted Calipers / GM Tower Strut Brace / ZL1 Factory Rep Wheels
Old 10-30-2014, 08:06 PM   #9
jkchambless
Austin LT

Drives: 1LT - Airaid,JBA Axleback,VMax PTB
Weekends are typically just easy paced joy rides. If you want the road to yourself, go on during the week....last time I went, I had just had my BMR package installed and went on Tuesday....what a blast.
jkchambless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 08:26 PM   #10
Teebsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyZL-1 View Post
I just rode it two weeks ago on my scooter and it was crawling with troopers. I think they have pretty much cracked down on most of the spirited drivers. Besides there are areas that can be dangerous. I do the sisters mainly for the ride and fresh air than the twistys too many bikes and they do hate to get blown by (tires throw up a lot of rocks) I've seen bikers cuss a guy out at the next town for overtaking at a high rate of speed. Too many people too small a road. Especially on weekends. I do like the hi-res photos that the guy takes on the side of the mountain. I buy them all the time!

I was hoping for something a little different.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:37 PM   #11
satxrider
Bad 45th

I might still be interested an easy paced weekend drive, especially if I get to meet up with some other Camaro enthusiasts
Old 10-30-2014, 08:53 PM   #12
Teebsa

It still sounds like a lot of fun, was just hoping to give the car a little exercise.
Old 11-01-2014, 08:02 PM   #13
kbui

Drives: 85 Vette, 07 Escalade ESV, 03 GMC,
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkchambless View Post
Let me know, too.......great run I haven't done inn a while.

A few people from the Capital City Camaro Club (Austin) is joining up with Centex Cruises to do the 3 sisters Nov 8th. Check out this link

https://www.facebook.com/events/1547585378805097/

ADM Performance installed and tuned: Maggie, Stainless Works Power LTs, ADM race cai, ADM ZL1 scoop
Whiteside Customs Super Street 2 Package w/ coilovers
BC Racing Coilovers and lowered, Whiteline Bushings & Swaybars
MBRP catback exhaust, ZL1 bumper conversion, Drake billet shifter, Hurst paddles, NLP rear spoiler, OEM GFX, Vis Racing hood, ASA GT5 wheels
kbui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 03:11 PM   #14
satxrider
Bad 45th

Did the route yesterday. Weather was great but got off to a late start and had to keep it slow and relaxed. Watched a Miata group get pulled over by a constable..., at least 3 of them pulled over. Might be interested in linking up with the Austin group next week, but need some details on where and when to link up. The Facebook link is to a closed group and I can't view.