Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-09-2016, 09:30 AM   #1
skongolf

Drives: 2011 2SS RS Black Vert
Buying 2011 SS Convertible?

I am looking at a 2011 2SS convertible Automatic with about 54K miles and had a few questions. First off any bad experiences or things to be aware of with this year? It seems to be in great shape and drives good. Price, they are asking around $21K but with taxes and everything it goes up to around $24K. It seems like a good price as I have not found anything else in my area even close to that for a convertible. The color is triple black which I like so that is a bonus. Anyway, just looking for thoughts and what to be aware of. Thanks in advance.
skongolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 04:27 PM   #2
cadyshac
It's in the hole!

Drives: '11 2SS L99 SGM, '18 2SS, M6, HWSE
I don't have a 'vert but there were lots of issues with the tops on the early ones. If you go to the convertible section you can find lots of info. I am sure others will chime in here, buyer beware and good luck to you.
cadyshac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 04:50 PM   #3
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Try to avoid the 11's and early 12's. They are the ones with most of the issues. Ones built mid year 12 on have very few issues. Mine is a early build 12 and i had the top and frame replaced after the new design was released and its been virtually trouble free since.
Old 04-28-2016, 09:07 PM   #4
hworth18
Jus' Cruzin

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS Krypton Green
As noted above, the only real issue with the 11's is the convertible top. I had my top replaced at around 35k miles and haven't had any other problems. If you decide to buy it, see if you can get a warranty on the top.

You can also check with a Chevy dealer to see if the top replacement has been done or not.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:01 PM   #5
Moreair1

Drives: 2011 ss convertible
I have a 2011 and I have been fortunate and haven't had any issues, but this was the first year for the vert, and as much as any manufacturer says that it isn't true anymore you are always taking a Risk buying a new model for the first couple years, but on that note I have loved having my car and wouldn't trade it for a newer model,(I just prefer the older style of lights vs the newer ones) so the biggest thing is, is it worth the risk, and if not I would look at a newer model
Old 05-26-2016, 08:52 AM   #6
hacopeo

Drives: camaro
You can also check with a Chevy dealer to see if the top replacement has been done or not.
hacopeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 11:06 AM   #7
xnuyokr

Drives: 2012 1LT Drop Top
This threads 2 1/2 months old. OP hasn't checked in since the first post.