Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 06-02-2011, 07:27 AM   #155
CC Performance
Account Suspended

Drives: 99 Camaro SS, 79 z28, 70 GTX
I was surprised at the flopping and how cheap and dirty that Vancouver played... in the end it shouldn't really surprise me.. Montreal was the same way.. I guess the real thing is there is no pride in Canada, try to win anyway you can is the creed.. dirty, cheap play, biting ? The Sedin flop should have drawn a penalty ( he looked like he was shot dead) as well as another embellishment on a high stick that just barely grazed a Canuck. (Chara got high sticked and you could just barely tell.. he kept playing not falling to the ice like he was just knocked unconscious)
I thought the bush league play was over when we eliminated Montreal but I guess we'll have it for this series as well. I was disgusted at what I saw from Vancouver.. some real nice passing but it all goes out the window with the cheap dirty play and flopping... trying to goad the B's into a penalty any chance they get.. no pride what so ever is what I see ...
When I skate I dont look to the refs to help out my game.
CC Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:06 AM   #156
masterofpuppets
Pulling your strings

Drives: My girlfriend crazy with car talk
The dives were awful last night. It was like a rendition of European soccer on ice.

They didn't score, but Bostons power play looked good....well.....better then it was atleast. Chara played great, the exact way he needs to play in this series. I died laughing when he took that face off in the first period. Looked like godzilla in a bruins jersey. And the scrum at the end of the first when Alex Burrows decided he had a craving for some Bergeron-flavored finger sandwiches (.....lol....), 2 Canucks were in Charas face, and even 2 on 1, I didn't like those odds.

And Tim Thomas. Wow. Eddy Belfour will always be my goalie idol.... every time I see Timmy play he moves up a spot. And, yes, luongo had a good game.......but 1st star? He didn't really do much really and wasn't ever REALLY tested.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:13 AM   #157
NickJRE

Drives: Nothing Fun.
I was disappointed with Burrows biting incident. He'll probably only receive a game suspension, but it should be more than that. The guy is a repeat offender who also pulled someone's hair not that long ago.

It was a great game besides the diving and Burrows antics.

It was shame that Boston had a defensive breakdown right before the end of regulation. I saw that play coming the whole way.
NickJRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:59 AM   #158
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Alex Burrows decided he had a craving for some Bergeron-flavored finger sandwiches
Haha. Burrows biting was horrible. He does deserve to be suspended for multiple games, but as a canucks fan I hope he doesn't. Time for the return of Malhotra? I really hope they find a way to get him into the lineup so he ends up with his name on the Cup.

The B's power play did look better, but not being able to convert on a 5-3 for a minute and a half? Theres the game right there. They did play a great road game and Tim did his job and kept them in it, but by the midway point of the 3rd the B's looked gassed and it was a matter of time before Vancouver put it away.

I sure didn't expect Raffi Torres to end it though...
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:57 PM   #159
masterofpuppets
Pulling your strings

Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
Haha. Burrows biting was horrible. He does deserve to be suspended for multiple games, but as a canucks fan I hope he doesn't. Time for the return of Malhotra? I really hope they find a way to get him into the lineup so he ends up with his name on the Cup.
It's the NHL. Campbell's out, but it's still the NHL. The way discipline has been this year they'll probably just fine him so miniscule amount and send him on his way.

Someone in boston has to take advantage of this, though. Someone better show up to game 3 at the garden with a burrows jersey and a hannibal lecter mask.
Attached Images

Old 06-02-2011, 02:09 PM   #160
CC Performance
Account Suspended

Yeah you could tell in the last 4 minutes of the game the B's were going to give it up. I was just hoping to make it to OT and get some fresh legs out there. They will be ready for the Canucks antics in game 2. I expect to see a much more physical Bruins team. I think/thought Tampa is a better more physical team than the Canucks to be honest. All the B's need to do is skate and hit and they will be fine. I saw a lot of B's forwards standing still last night.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:30 PM   #161
masterofpuppets
Pulling your strings

Quote:
National Hockey League Senior Vice President of Hockey Operations Mike Murphy today announced that there will be no supplemental discipline on Vancouver Canucks forward Alex Burrows.
"After reviewing the incident, including speaking with the on-ice officials, I can find no conclusive evidence that Alex Burrows intentionally bit the finger of Patrice Bergeron."
Go figure. I managed to take this picture of the NHL's discipline department during their discussions on the incident today.....
Attached Images

Old 06-02-2011, 04:44 PM   #162
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Performance View Post
I was surprised at the flopping and how cheap and dirty that Vancouver played... in the end it shouldn't really surprise me.. Montreal was the same way.. I guess the real thing is there is no pride in Canada, try to win anyway you can is the creed.. dirty, cheap play, biting ? The Sedin flop should have drawn a penalty ( he looked like he was shot dead) as well as another embellishment on a high stick that just barely grazed a Canuck. (Chara got high sticked and you could just barely tell.. he kept playing not falling to the ice like he was just knocked unconscious)
I thought the bush league play was over when we eliminated Montreal but I guess we'll have it for this series as well. I was disgusted at what I saw from Vancouver.. some real nice passing but it all goes out the window with the cheap dirty play and flopping... trying to goad the B's into a penalty any chance they get.. no pride what so ever is what I see ...
When I skate I dont look to the refs to help out my game.
Henrik should not be the captain of the team, what a disgrace to hockey

the only player i sort of like on the canucks is Kesler
Old 06-06-2011, 05:32 PM   #163
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Is it over? Have the Canucks solved the Bruins? Stay tuned tonight sports fans!

Go Canucks Go!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:45 PM   #164
CC Performance
Account Suspended

Classless hockey team the Canucks are and yes they will probably win it, but they set the NHL back 15 years as a mainstream sport on TV in the states.. as if the diving and biting wasn't bad enough the taunting was disgraceful.....

Bruins coach:
"The NHL ruled on something and (the Canucks) decided to make a mockery of it. It's totally up to them. If that's their way of handling things, so be it. We can't waste our time on that sort of stuff. We have to focus on what we have to do. Last time I looked, we're down two games to none, and all our energy has to go towards that."

Julien said he wouldn't allow Lapierre's behavior on his team. Lapierre had several dustups with the Bruins when he was with the Montreal Canadiens, saying he had been raised to hate Boston.

Bergeron is Canadian as is most of the B's... makes you say huh? I dont hate in the real term of the word hate anyone on the Yankees and I hate the Yankess being from New England and a Red Sox fan buts its a respectful hate.... Canadians seem to just be disrepectful and hate... thats why they boo the national anthem

Last edited by CC Performance; 06-06-2011 at 05:55 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:51 AM   #165
Jas29

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
^^ I don't think biting set the nhl back 15 years as a mainstream sport in the states the biting incident brought a lot of attention to the nhl and no i'm not supporting it

The Canucks got destroyed last game but Julien was also made a fool of by his own players after saying his team would not partake in mocking burrows or the canucks with the finger thing. i guess Recchi and Lucic didn't get the memo.
Jas29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:10 AM   #166
CC Performance
Account Suspended

Yea Julien chewed them out pretty good... No room in the game for that crap, he stated it in his press conference and both players were interviewed and confirmed that he chewed them out... Unlike the Vancouver coach who condoned the Rome hit and all the other crap Vancouver is doing. Honestly the crap Vancouver is pulling has set the game back as a mainstream sport on TV in this country. Hockey players are thought of as goons to begin with and Vancouver is proving the point.
Classless diving biting cheap shot intentionally injuring POS team is what the Canucks are and it starts with their head coach. All you have to do is read the feedback the rest of the league is giving. Vancouver is one of the dirtiest teams in the league and its being displayed on national TV... Yes it sets the game back. No one wants to see that crap, they want to see good physical hard clean play.

I wish it wasn't so. I love the game and was looking forward to a great series, now its just hate feeling and thats not whats it all about. I thought the Sedins were going to put on a display of speed and skill.. we haven't seen anything but a goon team and I am severely disappointed. ( I didnt condone the Chara hit earier in the season either)
Old 06-10-2011, 09:31 PM   #167
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Luongo is redeeming himself tonight - GO CANUCKS!!!!
Old 06-10-2011, 09:42 PM   #168
Darth Camaro
Out of my mind!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS
Go B's
Attached Images

Darth Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote