Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 01-16-2012, 02:43 PM   #211
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Drives: PSHHH UWISH
Thanks for your vote Donna!
Old 01-16-2012, 09:47 PM   #212
SSMOKINHOT
obseSSed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
VERY COOL! Congratulations. That is quite a trophy.
Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farthestnorth View Post
Thanks for your vote Donna!
You're welcome!!
Old 01-16-2012, 10:26 PM   #213
Jaime068
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS RJT
Congrats on the trophy!
Old 01-16-2012, 10:28 PM   #214
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Awesome stuff. That car is the Bom. You deserve it.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:37 PM   #215
SSMOKINHOT
obseSSed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime068 View Post
Congrats on the trophy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Awesome stuff. That car is the Bom. You deserve it.

Thanks guys!!
Old 04-12-2012, 07:27 PM   #216
Moonchopper

Drives: 2010 RJT Camaro SS/RS LS3
Sorry, little bit of a 'necro thread' here, but I LOVE the look of this Camaro. Just recently purchased a Crystal Red Camaro SS/RS myself [edit: I think I actually have the Red Jewel Tintcoat.] (assuming that's the color of yours -- it looks the same!) and have been agonizing as to what kind of wheels I could get for it. I knew that I wanted darker wheels, not polished or chrome. Came across pictures of your car, and I'm pretty damn impressed with how nice the Black Chrome Havocs look! I might be sold.

Where did you get your rims from, and how much? I'm looking online, and it looks like there's a few outlets around $1000, which isn't too bad.

[edit] What do RJT/CRT stand for? Red Jewel something/Crystal Red something? Just put the first two together, but not positive.

[edit2] Showing my ignorance here. I don't even know which color I actually have. I thought it was Crystal Red -- I thought I saw another thread on this forum listing all of the colors (along with pictures). I'm so terribly lost. I think I have RJT? I'm really close to deleting these comments, because I obviously have no idea what I'm talking about.

[edit3] Success! For anyone who is wondering (like my newbie self), I believe RJT stands for Red Jewel Tintcoat, and CRT stands for Crystal Red Tintcoat. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by Moonchopper; 04-12-2012 at 07:59 PM.
Moonchopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:32 PM   #217
SSMOKINHOT
obseSSed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonchopper View Post
Sorry, little bit of a 'necro thread' here, but I LOVE the look of this Camaro. Just recently purchased a Crystal Red Camaro SS/RS myself [edit: I think I actually have the Red Jewel Tintcoat.] (assuming that's the color of yours -- it looks the same!) and have been agonizing as to what kind of wheels I could get for it. I knew that I wanted darker wheels, not polished or chrome. Came across pictures of your car, and I'm pretty damn impressed with how nice the Black Chrome Havocs look! I might be sold.

Where did you get your rims from, and how much? I'm looking online, and it looks like there's a few outlets around $1000, which isn't too bad.

[edit] What do RJT/CRT stand for? Red Jewel something/Crystal Red something? Just put the first two together, but not positive.

[edit2] Showing my ignorance here. I don't even know which color I actually have. I thought it was Crystal Red -- I thought I saw another thread on this forum listing all of the colors (along with pictures). I'm so terribly lost. I think I have RJT? I'm really close to deleting these comments, because I obviously have no idea what I'm talking about.

[edit3] Success! For anyone who is wondering (like my newbie self), I believe RJT stands for Red Jewel Tintcoat, and CRT stands for Crystal Red Tintcoat. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Hey Moonchopper---yea, I haven't done much with Ms Scarlett recently so this thread has been stagnant. Getting ready to put a ported throttle body and catch can on soon though and will update when I get those on.

Ok, to answer your questions..

RJT = Red Jewel Tintcoat
CRT = Crystal Red Tintcoat

Basically, the CRT took the place of RJT when they discontinued the RJT for the 2012 models. So, if your car is a 2012, it is CRT not RJT.
They are both extremely similar in color. They did this so GM only has so many colors across the spectrum to use through their line of cars...the CRT is used on Corvettes and Cadillacs (I believe, but could be wrong on the Caddy). Check out this article http://www.camaro5.com/red-jewel-tintcoat-vs-candy-red-tintcoat-comparison-photos

Black wheels look KILLER (no bias here ) on the RJT and CRT alike! I got my Havocs from Xplosive Performance. They were very reasonably priced and they fit the stock tires -- so very easy on the pocket book to convert to these rims!! http://www.xplosiveperformance.com/

Congrats on your new ride and happy cruising!! Don't hesitate to holler if you have any other questions!!
Old 04-12-2012, 10:08 PM   #218
Jaime068
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMOKINHOT View Post
Hey Moonchopper---yea, I haven't done much with Ms Scarlett recently so this thread has been stagnant. Getting ready to put a ported throttle body and catch can on soon though and will update when I get those on.

Ok, to answer your questions..

RJT = Red Jewel Tintcoat
CRT = Crystal Red Tintcoat

Basically, the CRT took the place of RJT when they discontinued the RJT for the 2012 models. So, if your car is a 2012, it is CRT not RJT.
They are both extremely similar in color. They did this so GM only has so many colors across the spectrum to use through their line of cars...the CRT is used on Corvettes and Cadillacs (I believe, but could be wrong on the Caddy). Check out this article http://www.camaro5.com/red-jewel-tintcoat-vs-candy-red-tintcoat-comparison-photos

Black wheels look KILLER (no bias here ) on the RJT and CRT alike! I got my Havocs from Xplosive Performance. They were very reasonably priced and they fit the stock tires -- so very easy on the pocket book to convert to these rims!! http://www.xplosiveperformance.com/

Congrats on your new ride and happy cruising!! Don't hesitate to holler if you have any other questions!!
on adding black to an RJT/CRT Camaro.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:33 PM   #219
SSMOKINHOT
obseSSed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime068 View Post
on adding black to an RJT/CRT Camaro.
Hell Yeah!!!!
Old 05-08-2012, 07:45 AM   #220
SSMOKINHOT
obseSSed

Got my catch can and VMax ported throttle body in from RX Performance! Can't wait to get them installed!

Old 05-08-2012, 10:04 AM   #221
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMOKINHOT View Post
Got my catch can and VMax ported throttle body in from RX Performance! Can't wait to get them installed!

Two more goodies to install !!

Get 'em on and post the pics...
Old 05-08-2012, 05:15 PM   #222
SSMOKINHOT
obseSSed

So, my kid was home sick from school today so I took advantage of that and installed my catch can and ported throttle body!!

The catch can was pretty easy to install once I figured out which hoses were which. This site's instructions were the most clear: Teamspeed's Ref Docs

BEFORE -- a lonely mounting bolt where the old air filter housing used to be:

Catch can installed -- no more lonely mounting bolt where the old air filter housing used to be

Next...time to tackle the throttle body...here is what it looked like before:

Removed the cold air intake tubing, four bolts, and one plug...so simple!!!

Mounted new throttle body:

Hooked up the CAI tube, put the cover back on and walla!

Old 08-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #223
SSMOKINHOT
obseSSed

Picked up the Oracle Ghost Side Markers at the Fest...installed them today. They look pretty good!

Not Illuminated:

ILLUMINATED:

Old 08-08-2012, 08:19 PM   #224
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Drives: PSHHH UWISH
Been awhile since you have been around these parts! Good to have you back and your WHIP looks Sick as always!