Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-13-2008, 03:18 AM   #15
asrapid

Drives: Stratus
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I don't think there's much to the Ferrari-Chevrolet rivalry. I'm talking about the more mainstream companies. I know that there are exceptions, but I expect every Generation V motor to feature these sorts of technology while other companies will take more time to catch up to these innovations.
I think vette can compete against ferrari in performance.
I mention vette because it is rumor that the GEN V will be first introduce in corvette C7. So if we look at that category most of the competition will have or already have DI (R8 etc.).
If you mean Camaro and competition like mustang or challenger. Anything can happen in 4 -5 years. They can go bankrupt, get bought by company from India, develop flux capacitor etc.
Even GM have big money problems now.. I just hope they don't push gen V even further down the road.
asrapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:00 AM   #16
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by asrapid View Post
I think vette can compete against ferrari in performance.
I mention vette because it is rumor that the GEN V will be first introduce in corvette C7. So if we look at that category most of the competition will have or already have DI (R8 etc.).
If you mean Camaro and competition like mustang or challenger. Anything can happen in 4 -5 years. They can go bankrupt, get bought by company from India, develop flux capacitor etc.
Even GM have big money problems now.. I just hope they don't push gen V even further down the road.
Blasphomy!!! j/k

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:33 AM   #17
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
With all the new regulations for emmisions and fuel mileage coming in the next few years, many of the engine designs you see today will probably be gone.
A lot of work needs to be done to meet these new regulations. this is one thing that the Government does not realize how much it will cost the auto industry to meet. As much as they are hurting right now pushing forward on this is going to make the companies that are having a hard time now to have even a harder time. and the companies that are doing well can throw money at the problem and come up with a solution easier, thus having an even bigger advantage.