Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 09-26-2017, 05:59 PM   #15
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
The new Honda Type R is far from a ricer fellas. Its a performance specific factory built car that Suprise alot of v8 guys....Subarus are out dated compared to the Type R. I had a chance to check out one in person when theh had one parked out fro t of my work during an employee function. They are very well rounded performance wise....good road course and decent acceleration.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:47 PM   #16
bkevind

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
The new Honda Type R is far from a ricer fellas. Its a performance specific factory built car that Suprise alot of v8 guys....Subarus are out dated compared to the Type R. I had a chance to check out one in person when theh had one parked out fro t of my work during an employee function. They are very well rounded performance wise....good road course and decent acceleration.
Yep.

My previous fun car was a 2008 Mazdaspeed3 I picked up in 2007 for $22k. Unassuming 4 door hatchback - with a 263hp 2.3l direct injection 4. Conical limited slip diff, equal length drive shafts (big deal for a FWD to minimize torque steer). Surprisingly good chassis. Made a lot of "superior" cars look stupid at the road course with that family wagon. The most egotistical hurt babies were the 'vette drivers, followed closely by the M3 and STi crowd. But then egos tend to get deflated eventually with enough track time. To be fair, the Corvettes (C5 z06) and M3s (e46) were more capable cars than the Mazda, but were harder to drive at their limits.

That mazda was easy to push hard. You could flat foot shift it if you wanted, it didn't care. It would run to redline in 6th gear (about 168mph), bone stock (minus limiter). weakness was ultimately brakes when adding power and grip. Just like most cars.

Japan has been making hot cars for many years, we don't get most of them but the ones we get are pretty darn good.
bkevind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 08:30 PM   #17
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
True, but man is it butt ugly. One of the ugliest cars of all time.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 08:33 PM   #18
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
True, but man is it butt ugly. One of the ugliest cars of all time.
Lol..... Tell me how you really feel.
Old 09-26-2017, 08:36 PM   #19
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Like most cars, it looks better in black, but that's because 37% of the body panels are black plastic.
Old 09-27-2017, 06:57 AM   #20
bkevind

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
I agree, the styling does not appeal to me at all. But, if I liked the way it drove when I grabbed it by the throat, it might be enough to get over that. Maybe not.
bkevind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 08:01 AM   #21
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
The styling of this car probably wont appeal to anyone over the age of 25.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 03:56 PM   #22
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
The styling of this car probably wont appeal to anyone over the age of 25.
More likely 14, but I agree. It's not a car for us old farts.

Both of my daughters (21 & 15) think it's ugly as well.
Old 09-29-2017, 11:21 PM   #23
JLGO

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS convertible L99
4.9 is on paper, it's kind of hard to get those type of numbers in a fwd car with street tires. You will beat him from a dig. If you want a better challenge race him from a roll.
JLGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 03:10 PM   #24
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
1/4 mile you’ll have them easily, road course though you may run into trouble because of the way that car is designed. Talked to a guy at a show who had one, pretty cool dude and he pushed a couple times and said it stayed planted to the ground. This ain’t your typical fart can civic, this was meant to hurt egos on a road course.
Old 10-03-2017, 03:56 PM   #25
Burt
Cone Killer

Drives: 2012 SS
The Type R is definitely a handful in an autocross or tight back road situation, there was a completely stock Type R at the event I went to Sunday and the only three American cars to beat it were a C5 Z06 on slicks and two well driven CAM C prepared Mustangs. It should totally be manageable in a straight line, but in the tight stuff you'd better know what you're doing.

Selling off my remaining wheels, tires, 27mm front sway bar, and MGW shift knob. Get them out of my house before my wife puts me out!
Burt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 07:53 PM   #26
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace0751 View Post
1/4 mile you’ll have them easily, road course though you may run into trouble because of the way that car is designed. Talked to a guy at a show who had one, pretty cool dude and he pushed a couple times and said it stayed planted to the ground. This ain’t your typical fart can civic, this was meant to hurt egos on a road course.
This is true....people seem to underestimate it because of the looks.....even called it ricer. Its about as far away from that as you can get.
Old 10-03-2017, 07:58 PM   #27
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

It's EXUDES ricer though. Honda claims its looks are completely functional, but there is no denying what they were aiming for.
Old 10-03-2017, 08:03 PM   #28
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
It's EXUDES ricer though. Honda claims its looks are completely functional, but there is no denying what they were aiming for.
No.....youve seen enough ricers to know the difference. That is a purpose built car. Its to expensive for the entry level crowd. Its not my kind of car but its going to be a real weapon once the tuners get ahold of it.