Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-11-2012, 10:51 AM   #15
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeAdMiKe187 View Post
Thanks for the info. I remember reading some OLD threads that said that this feature was disabled. When you pair it with a GPS, do the turns show up on the DIC/HUD the same way the OnStar directions do, or it is just audio directions or something?
Its just audio. If you use a dedicated GPS to do it, you won't be able to listen to music. If you want music and directions, then you need to play them both from the same source. That's the bad part. Unless you don't listen to music.
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:55 AM   #16
Ringo64
Forever Pontiac

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obzen View Post
Last I heard they updated it so you can no longer use it without directions and connections. I emailed onstar and pleaded to have them add a cheaper package for those of us that just want the app functionality. I'm sure it won't happen though.
When was the update? I was able to send directions to my Mom's Terrain less than 2 weeks ago and she doesn't have the Nav package.
Ringo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:58 AM   #17
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo64 View Post
When was the update? I was able to send directions to my Mom's Terrain less than 2 weeks ago and she doesn't have the Nav package.
I'm not sure. I read it recently in another thread.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:20 AM   #18
DeAdMiKe187

Drives: Black 2012 2LT
Quote:
Its just audio. If you use a dedicated GPS to do it, you won't be able to listen to music. If you want music and directions, then you need to play them both from the same source. That's the bad part. Unless you don't listen to music.
Ahhhhhhhh that sucks.
DeAdMiKe187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 02:39 PM   #19
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_GuidoSS View Post
any type of GPS, regular or phone. i have my PHONE google maps gps . Just make sure you have it on prior to pair it with your camaro's bluetooth!
hope it helps!!!
Quote:
I will try this. Hopefully it works. Thanks.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:03 PM   #20
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Last I heard they updated it so you can no longer use it without directions and connections.
I just checked the maps on Google.com and sure enough this has been changed to only work if you have the Directions and Connections package. When this feature came out, it would work if you just had the Safe and Sound package because I've used it before but not anymore.

I do not have a smartphone so I can't check the apps.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:41 PM   #21
Waste

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT M6
Does anyone know if Onstar offers discounted rates if you hold out on renewing your service like XM? i just got a letter in the mail for the Directions and Connections Plan and its 319.93/yr or 30.92/mo. I have another month on my free trial service.
Waste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:08 PM   #22
DeAdMiKe187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waste View Post
Does anyone know if Onstar offers discounted rates if you hold out on renewing your service like XM? i just got a letter in the mail for the Directions and Connections Plan and its 319.93/yr or 30.92/mo. I have another month on my free trial service.
$319.93 a year for Directions and Connections? Their website has it listed as being $299 a year and $28 per month!
Old 08-14-2012, 12:13 PM   #23
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
umm i pay 12 a month for it...

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:12 AM   #24
DeAdMiKe187

I just want to let you guys know that for the last month or so, I had been having some problems with the RemoteLink Android app. It either wasn't sending directions to the car, or not Remote Starting the car, or updating the stats, or whatever. And when it would do a Remote Start, it would take like, 45 seconds to a minute to work.

So, I called OnStar and told them that I was having all of these problems. They said that they can push an update to my car to change some OnStar settings. It fixed everything. No more problems with anything, and commands like Remote Start take about 10 seconds now.

So, I highly recommend you guys let OnStar know if you are experiencing any weird problems like that. They should be able to send an update out to you to fix it. My car is a 2012 that was built less than 5 months ago, and it still needed to get updated. Keep that in mind!
Old 08-17-2012, 04:42 PM   #25
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffny09 View Post
umm i pay 12 a month for it...
You pay $12 for both onstar services? If so how did you manage that?