Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 12-07-2018, 02:14 PM   #85
Markoz28

Drives: 18 ZL1 nightfall grey A10
Yea I’ll never take these front seats out. They are one of the main reasons I love this car so much. I’m thinking change the battery and remove back seats only for now. Won’t save much but won’t be too expensive except for the battery.

How much does the stock exhaust (cat back) weigh compared to an AWE system or Corsa?
Markoz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 08:49 AM   #86
2010REDSS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markoz28 View Post
Yea I’ll never take these front seats out. They are one of the main reasons I love this car so much. I’m thinking change the battery and remove back seats only for now. Won’t save much but won’t be too expensive except for the battery.

How much does the stock exhaust (cat back) weigh compared to an AWE system or Corsa?
Stock was 80.5lbs......AWE was 56.6lbs - savings of 23.9lbs.

Oh.....and the sound is AWEsome!

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...20&postcount=1

2018 ZL1 1LE "RAZECAR"
2016 2SS Convertible "NOTOPSS" (Sold)
2015 Z/28 #306 "ITZFAST"
2010 2SS Coupe "FASSTER" (Sold)
2002 SS/RS "02FASST" (Sold)
2007 Factory Five Racing GTM "REDBLUR" (Sold)

"There are two kinds of cars. Red....and everything else!"
2010REDSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 02:44 PM   #87
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
Quote:

I’m also not willing to change the interior, but maybe the batterry

How much weight would the battery save?
How expensive would that weight savings be?
And what are the draw backs and negative consequences of that type of battery?

Thanks in advance
Old 12-09-2018, 01:52 PM   #88
Stephen12ZL1

Drives: '21 ZLE A10
Weapon X heat exchangers as they have extra capacity
'21 ZLE A10 Wild Cherry PDR 2:00.78 VIR Full 10.68@131.69 1.68 60'
'17 ZL1 A10 Mosaic Black PDR/Nav 2:03.08 VIR Full 11.003@129.2 1.75 (sold)
'15 Z/28 #325 Black a/c & stereo. 2:10.1 VIR Full (sold)
'12 ZL1 A6 Black 10.52@131 1.55 60' 2:13 VIR Full (sold)
Stephen12ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 09:04 PM   #89
Markoz28

Drives: 18 ZL1 nightfall grey A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunMetalGrey View Post
I’m also not willing to change the interior, but maybe the batterry

How much weight would the battery save?
How expensive would that weight savings be?
And what are the draw backs and negative consequences of that type of battery?

Thanks in advance
A lithium ion car battery can be anywhere from 8-12lbs. Stock battery I’m not sure but guessing about 25-30lbs.

Cost of a lithium is $500-$800
Markoz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 11:49 PM   #90
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
Quote:
A lithium ion car battery can be anywhere from 8-12lbs. Stock battery I’m not sure but guessing about 25-30lbs.

Cost of a lithium is $500-$800
Thanks
Old 12-11-2018, 09:18 AM   #91
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
So what are ways to lighten up the ZL1? I am about to add some power to the car in way of Kooks headers with no cats and 9.17 lower pulley and tune. Hoping to to be somewhere around 650 RWHP torque numbers equal to that would be nice a well.

This is as far as I would like to take the car for obvious reasons such as money to keep temps down and money to increase fuel set up.

I will be ditching the back seats. Not sure how much weight that will remove but I do not need the back seat ever. Plus, no one will fit back there.

What else can be done for weight savings?

expensive but worth it if your a true nut won't take away from enjoying the car.

Lighter wheels carbon lol
rear seat and trunk carpet delete
Anderson Composites, hood, doors, trunk lid, not sure if the front fenders will fit maybe for SS only
Carbon rotors
lighter exhaust
lighter battery
carbon radiator cover
remove the plastic and foam piece behind front fascia

Real Race Car..

Full interior delete, Front seat, carpet, door panels and glass, seat belts, rear panels, headliner..

Replace glass for plastic front and rear.

At this point you might be to mclaren's weight but still 150 hp shy lol

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 09:47 PM   #92
WEAPON-X

Drives: ZL1 ATS-V CTS-V C7Z Range Sport SC
A little teaser

Here is a sneak peak of the latest generation of superior natural cooling! I had this idea when talking to Todd as it was the last step in the complete integration of our HX kit with the new front bumper tank and address the supercharger coolant crossover tube as the OEM manifold does not have equal flow and some of them don't even have straight through ports as there seems to be core shift so the dog bones don't even line up!

The WEAPON-X Triple XL! haha
  • WEAPON-X: Triple X Heat Exchanger Kit (optional black) - 250% capacity of the stock HX, with precision engineered core width and fin density for maximum cooling AND airflow
  • Twin Pumps with custom mount to provide EQUAL cooling to both HX Bricks
  • WEAPON-X: 2 Gallon HX Bumper Tank (opt black) - this is mounted on the crash bar behind the grill and it does NOT impede airflow in the upper grill
  • WEAPON-X: AN Cooling Manifold Adapters to provide EQUAL cooling to both HX Bricks
  • Braided Line and fittings - premade to plug and play

Now we're not going to divulge any final details yet as I have final testing next week; however, I can tell you that the car was NOT happy as it came in! Looking at the dyno curve, they're obv on the same smoothing factor which we keep pretty low on our Mustang dyno (25 last time I checked), so the graph is a little edgy normally, but THAT stock curve is not happy at all lightly modded and you can see timing coming out right before 6000 RPMs as the HP noses over and then starts to climb again. I can't even imagine what Todd was missing on the track since the car spends most of it's life in the upper RPM band.

Here was the RAZECAR's mods as it came in vs. the mods with the STOCK HX system! Notes starting from bottom to top of the RPM Band:
  • 3000 RPMs - Right off the hit, this fire breathing beast is up 75whp and 120twq (ish)!
  • 4000 RPMs - Mid range power is up 100whp and a MASSIVE 160wtq!
  • 5000 RPMs - Mid range power is up 100whp and a MASSIVE 120wtq!
  • 6000 RPMs - Top range power is up 90whp and a MASSIVE 80wtq!

What you're going to see very soon is the stock HX system was getting HOT, we were seeing HX temps as high as 170° on the dyno during tuning with just our WEAPON-X Griptec 2.3" Pulley, Ported Blower, 2" headers and AWE exhaust. As a result the car would not take more timing due to the heat. Next up, we're adding our Triple XL kit and retesting in the same conditions!

More to come
WEAPON-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 10:05 PM   #93
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Awwweee man!!!
This looks to be gettin good
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 06:00 PM   #94
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEAPON-X View Post
Here is a sneak peak of the latest generation of superior natural cooling! I had this idea when talking to Todd as it was the last step in the complete integration of our HX kit with the new front bumper tank and address the supercharger coolant crossover tube as the OEM manifold does not have equal flow and some of them don't even have straight through ports as there seems to be core shift so the dog bones don't even line up!

• WEAPON-X: Triple X Heat Exchanger Kit (optional black) - 250% capacity of the stock HX, with precision engineered core width and fin density for maximum cooling AND airflow
  • WEAPON-X: 2 Gallon HX Bumper Tank (opt black) - this is mounted on the crash bar behind the grill and it does NOT impede airflow in the upper grill
  • WEAPON-X: AN Cooling Manifold Adapters to provide EQUAL cooling to both HX Bricks

Now we're not going to divulge any final details yet as I have final testing next week; however, I can tell you that the car was NOT happy as it came in! Looking at the dyno curve, they're obv on the same smoothing factor which we keep pretty low on our Mustang dyno (25 last time I checked), so the graph is a little edgy normally, but THAT stock curve is not happy at all lightly modded and you can see timing coming out right before 6000 RPMs as the HP noses over and then starts to climb again. I can't even imagine what Todd was missing on the track since the car spends most of it's life in the upper RPM band.

Here was the RAZECAR's mods as it came in vs. the mods with the STOCK HX system! Notes starting from bottom to top of the RPM Band:
  • 3000 RPMs - Right off the hit, this fire breathing beast is up 75whp and 120twq (ish)!

What you're going to see very soon is the stock HX system was getting HOT, we were seeing HX temps as high as 170° on the dyno during tuning with just our WEAPON-X Griptec 2.3" Pulley, Ported Blower, 2" headers and AWE exhaust. As a result the car would not take more timing due to the heat. Next up, we're adding our Triple XL kit and retesting in the same conditions!

More to come
Ben are you saying that Todd's car was not running optimally when it came to you? What was done to it if so?
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 06:38 PM   #95
2010REDSS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Ben are you saying that Todd's car was not running optimally when it came to you? What was done to it if so?
Mods before heading to Weapon-X were Rotofab CAI, TM Throttle body, AWE Catback Track Edition exhaust.

Sure felt strong on the track....but HP drop around 6k on the dyno....both baseline pulls were identical.

Really happy with the results already....can't wait to see what the upgraded cooling can do!

Keep it coming Ben!

2018 ZL1 1LE "RAZECAR"
2016 2SS Convertible "NOTOPSS" (Sold)
2015 Z/28 #306 "ITZFAST"
2010 2SS Coupe "FASSTER" (Sold)
2002 SS/RS "02FASST" (Sold)
2007 Factory Five Racing GTM "REDBLUR" (Sold)

"There are two kinds of cars. Red....and everything else!"
2010REDSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 06:49 PM   #96
WEAPON-X

Drives: ZL1 ATS-V CTS-V C7Z Range Sport SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010REDSS View Post
I currently have the Rotofab intake, TM Throttle Body, AWE Track Edition Exhaust with secondary cat delete. What I would like to do is:

Correct, I haven't studied the logs yet to see exactly if it was spark or airflow that was causing the rough dyno curve, but if you look above vs. the tuned version, you can see it plain as day... now since it wasn't tuned, he was likely still in COT the majority of the time running a really rich AFR to keep the cats from burning up and collapsing, but he was leaving a lot on the table with the lack of an engine cal and I get it, we want to keep our warranty as much as possible, but the below combo wasn't ideal... I'm sure power was up; however, often when a car has transitioning airflow or spark cutting abruptly, you're actually slower sometimes!

An exaggerated example of this is when you're almost out of nitrous and you have it hooked on AFR control so even though you're getting some short bursts here and there, but overall my C7 ran slower than when just on motor alone.

We've already met his goals; however, the post Triple XL setup is going to blow this one out of the water based on what I was seeing already. It was nearly the coldest on record here last week though and I was sick as could be all week too, so I am glad Todd was willing to wait an extra week to pick it up in warmer weather as we'll be able to do the comparison in similar temps that it was dropped off for a true apples to apples comparison... I didn't want to dilute the sample with single digit weather.
WEAPON-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 08:17 PM   #97
Nick S

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEAPON-X View Post

More to come
Awesome results! I was just out at Todd's place today picking up a set of Z/28 wheels from him and we were talking about the RAZECAR! I'm looking forward to seeing the final results too!
Old 02-02-2019, 09:09 PM   #98
regnouy37

Drives: 2019 ZL1 A10
Tuned in for results.
regnouy37 is offline   Reply With Quote