Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-18-2011, 04:23 PM   #113
DITCHDIGGER

Drives: Boring
If I were buying a camaro right now I would have to settle for IBM. It looks great in the sun but it looks too much like black in the shade. Synergy green was such a great flashy color. It would be perfect for a car like the ZL1. I guess it would be awesome to have a ZL1 in just about any color though.
DITCHDIGGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 05:35 PM   #114
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DITCHDIGGER View Post
If I were buying a camaro right now I would have to settle for IBM. It looks great in the sun but it looks too much like black in the shade. Synergy green was such a great flashy color. It would be perfect for a car like the ZL1. I guess it would be awesome to have a ZL1 in just about any color though.
The metalics are color variant between the bright light and shade based upon which color metalflake is used in the paint process. I'm not sure what metalflake was used with CGM, but, it was great in shade but looked like putty in direct sunlight. Same for the old IBM, it was a gorgeous dark blue in the light, and at times with shade it ranged from a purple hue to a near black color. I haven't the time to get up close to those paints and see what tint is in the flakes. It makes a huge difference. The crystal red tintcoat as seen above has no odd color variation. It seems to have a gold metalflake in the paint that does not alter the paint hue into a different aspect of the spectrum.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:55 AM   #115
NoSyT
It's a Three Six, Vee Six

Drives: '12 AGM 2LT/RS & '14 Silverado LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
The metalics are color variant between the bright light and shade based upon which color metalflake is used in the paint process. I'm not sure what metalflake was used with CGM, but, it was great in shade but looked like putty in direct sunlight. Same for the old IBM, it was a gorgeous dark blue in the light, and at times with shade it ranged from a purple hue to a near black color. I haven't the time to get up close to those paints and see what tint is in the flakes. It makes a huge difference. The crystal red tintcoat as seen above has no odd color variation. It seems to have a gold metalflake in the paint that does not alter the paint hue into a different aspect of the spectrum.
CGM had blue metalflake in it and a clean CGM in the sun was gorgeous to me.
NoSyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:10 PM   #116
izone

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS-2011 Traverse
Damn that red looks nice. My biggest problem now is deciding between IBM with white stripes or the Red.
izone is offline   Reply With Quote