Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-25-2019, 05:04 PM   #29
bigwormgraphix
Account Suspended

Drives: 1991 Z28, 2015 SS & 2017 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionssfan View Post
i bought the after market lamp to get the clips. but found they weren't as robust as oem. thats why i went to a junk yard and got mine off a gm truck. glad to here your input bigwormgraphix.
There are a couple of them on the market, we got one of each to test them and the manufacturer we went with seemed identical to OEM in design and durability. Some of them didn't fit at all and were useless thou. Wish GM would sell them separately. Overall we have been very happy with the Morimoto fog lights thou, I have them on my own car.
bigwormgraphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 09:41 PM   #30
lionssfan

Drives: 2010 2ss camaro
I agree by far enhanced my visibility for night driving, due to my 9 year old HID headlamps not putting out like they used too. plus visually it looks way better then the DRL lamps. I'm glad someone finally put a kit together to make the installation easy.
lionssfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 10:33 PM   #31
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
BigWormGraphix FTW
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:01 PM   #32
blackswan

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
Nice!
blackswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 12:29 PM   #33
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
My next update since I have a failing LED bulb. Glad that I came across this before I just ordered more LED bulbs.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 08:12 AM   #34
chris1973

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black on Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionssfan View Post
I installed morimotos led fogs in my drl location 1 1/2 years ago, and have been really happy with these. There very bright and cast a wide beam of light. They compliment my HID's with a matching white colored light. Not only that this has temporary resolved my HID's becoming dimmer after 8 years. I also purchased and installed the jumper harness that keeps the fog/drls on all the time. A member suggested I do a DIY. If there is enough interest I will do it. Here is a few video's links

https://youtu.be/8KLtgeEasdE

https://youtu.be/_TAjsymohlI
please share the DIY. I think I may have gotten the wrong jumper harness to make them stay on all day.

Appearance Mods: Razzi Bodykit with LEDs, 3D Carbon Side Vents, Tint, Painted Rims and Calipers,

See/hear my Camaro at
http://youtu.be/wn0Ck-cw6WQ

Last edited by chris1973; 12-25-2021 at 08:22 AM.
chris1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 10:29 AM   #35
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
I love my Morimoto fogs on my 2010. Thats all i really have to say lol. To me, worth every penny. Im one of those dumb people who tinted my own headlights and although i love the look, night driving became a little iffy. With these fogs, im good to go again. Disclaimer... I barely drive the car let alone at night.

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Arogg is offline   Reply With Quote